#GamerGate Discussion & News v2: Let's Get Zoe A Card

I thought this was powerful.

That was really powerful, thanks. I had never given Sarkessian's XO thing a second thought but "listen and believe" really is the cult-iest thing I've ever heard now that this woman has brought my attention to it.

That was really powerful, thanks. I had never given Sarkessian's XO thing a second thought but "listen and believe" really is the cult-iest thing I've ever heard now that this woman has brought my attention to it.

All critical responses are banned. That's a huge part of gamergate, unless you're a signed up member of the cult then your opinion isn't just worthless, it's not even allowed. For video games it isn't THAT big a deal, the damage they can do is limited, but applied to other things it's absolutely terrifying.

All critical responses are banned. That's a huge part of gamergate, unless you're a signed up member of the cult then your opinion isn't just worthless, it's not even allowed. For video games it isn't THAT big a deal, the damage they can do is limited, but applied to other things it's absolutely terrifying.

Agreed, all dissent can be labeled harassment and hate speech. Any hope of a logic based exchange of ideas becomes crushed and views become entrenched.

As I've said before, I have an academic background in economics and political science, I honestly find this to be the most fascinating news story that I've ever encountered.

Confirmation bias and media manipulation all over. Just like Kojima toldd us...

250px-Mgs2sol.jpg

Confirmed: Greatest game ever made and the 1984 of our time.

lol@ white people being uncle toms an ISIS. So black people are KKK...wellll
this is awkward. Are they really that stupid on the opposing side?

I haven't been going to any of those sites at all. I just read that one article and then went to Cracked because there was a Cracked article on the White Male- Easy Mode article. I didn't realize Cracked had become a SJW site. I won't be going to Cracked ever again.

If I do read an article out of curiosity I will use Archive Links next time. I also use Ad Blocker Plus. I don't know if its true, but I read sites don't gain advertising money when someone uses an ad blocker.

Cracked's SJW content is pretty gross. I couldn't find this 'Easy Mode' article, but there's one called '5 Ways Society is Sexist Towards Men.' It's tongue in cheek, they just take down five strawmen with a snarky tone.

haha what a retard says dumb things about GG, gets fired and blames GG for it

Looks like he deleted his twitter account.

It's amazing how many people get themselves fired with that app.

wtf is he talking about re: The Boston Globe shutting down? That shit has been in circulation for like 150 years. If it was going out of business for some reason, I highly doubt it was because of this.

Edit: Saw this on KotakuInAction. Good for a lol

JYhrHAZ.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like he deleted his twitter account.

It's amazing how many people get themselves fired with that app.

It looked to me like he was being sarcastic and mocking his idea of our lack of power. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think he was fired.

Wow. This could be a wake up call for true feminism who didn't notice previously that there's a vocal/irrational/psycho subgroup who have been smearing feminism into a negative word. Erasing decades of progress for women.

That lady was pissed... lol

It looked to me like he was being sarcastic and mocking his idea of our lack of power. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think he was fired.

Maybe, but his twitter account is deleted or it never really existed.

Don't think he was fired, it looks like he may have been a freelance writer with several newspapers. I tried to find more info, but it was a dead end. Could have been a silly hoax to.

Wow. This could be a wake up call for true feminism who didn't notice previously that there's a vocal/irrational/psycho subgroup who have been smearing feminism into a negative word. Erasing decades of progress for women.

That lady was pissed... lol

I would think a lot of women who were active feminists in past decades would be shocked. Not all, but a lot.

I'm waiting for someone to call this woman "a sexually repressed virgin or a neckbeard or a basement dweller or a mouthbreather or some combination thereof." Checking the YT comments, she's got a twitter account. So it's probably already happened.

Maybe, but his twitter account is deleted or it never really existed.

Don't think he was fired, it looks like he may have been a freelance writer with several newspapers. I tried to find more info, but it was a dead end. Could have been a silly hoax to.

the twitter was real I was browsing it when I made that post. He seemed like a normal enough douche than he just started twitting a bunch of stuff about hunting nerds and weird shit

This is Mr. Strings. He's the high-functioning autistic kid of the mom in the previous video. He maps out the whole bullying aspect real well, and provides a lot of info in regards to what was posted [verbatim] on the Gawker network sights and their twitter feeds.

This is another example of how folks who wouldn't be bothered otherwise about "gaming journalism" or "online movements" became aware, impassioned and subsequently involved do the opposition.

Back