Game of Thrones S07E07 Discussion Thread: FinallyJumpedTheDragon (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Tyrion, brother of Jaimie and Cersei Lannister, son and murderer of Tywin Lannister, Hand to Daenarys Targaryen finds out he's a Targ?! That f'ing huge.

Not really. It effects what happened in the past, not neccessarily how it effects the war between Dany/Cersei/NightKing.

Tyrion, brother of Jaimie and Cersei Lannister, son and murderer of Tywin Lannister, Hand to Daenarys Targaryen finds out he's a Targ?! That f'ing huge.
How is that any more f'ing huge than Tyrion actually killing his legitimate father/untouchable Lannister patriarch? While he sits vulnerable on the shitter no less? Tyrion being yet another hidden Targ would totally cheapen the effect of his cold blooded murder of Tywin.

How is that any more f'ing huge than Tyrion actually killing his legitimate father/untouchable Lannister patriarch? While he sits vulnerable on the shitter no less? Tyrion being yet another hidden Targ would totally cheapen the effect of his cold blooded murder of Tywin.
That death was the antithesis of "cold blooded".
And it would hardly cheapen it; in fact it would explain a great deal if you consider how it came to be that Tywin raised a Targaryen bastard.

We do, and that effects the succession after the war is over.

And Jon can ride the other dragon, the one named after his father.
But we don't care about Tyrion and his relationship with his family? Or Daenarys? That's weird.

That death was the antithesis of "cold blooded".
And it would hardly cheapen it; in fact it would explain a great deal if you consider how it came to be that Tywin raised a Targaryen bastard.
Alright I misused the term cold-blooded, fair enough, but my point still stands. Tyrion being a Targ/not a Lannister is literally some conventional YA fantasy bullshit. No lie, I'd expect my 12yo niece to want Tyrion the Good Guy to actually be a hidden Targ all along, killing that mean old Lannister man because poetic justice & all that adorable shit.

But we don't care about Tyrion and his relationship with his family? Or Daenarys? That's weird.

Maybe you don't care, I do.

But Tyrion being a Targarian, at this point, would be as significant as Jon's real first name being Aegon.

Outside of Jon... blood or adopted Dany literally has no family left unless she wants to get pounded out by Lord Friendzone of Attempted Cockblock.

This
Tyrion is tywins son....thats what makes the murder more dramatic, the fact that of his 3 kids tywin cant see that tyrion is clearly the child most like him
The child that could have been a fantastic heir for casterly rock as hes inherited all of tywins political instinct and brains and can be ruthless when needs be.
Jamie is warrior not much of a thinker really ....in the books his aunt points out hes more like his uncle
Cersei has his ruthlessness but is a retard (protected on show by limitless plot armour)

No as his aunt also points out in the books tyrion is soooo tywins son...making their confrontation all the more tragic.

Gotchya.

But Littlefinger didn't let that happen, he arranged Lysa to poison Jon.

Yup but Arryn's death before he gets to act on the information he has is an ideal case scenario for LF in his goal of starting devastating conflict between the great houses (which he sees as a way to enhance his own position within the realm). If Robert finds out about the twincest and the false heirs there are executions. If Baelish gets Lysa to kill Jon Arryn, deceptively alert her sister that she thinks the Lannisters did so, and then "aid" Nedd Stark in his efforts to learn the same truth that Arryn found, he has a much better chance at creating widespread, continuing conflict and strife. Not to mention that he also fans the flames by making Cat think that Tyrion attempted to have Bran killed.

I'm re-watching the series as well. Trying to only do one a week so I can drag this out for a long time but I caved and watched the first two episodes in one week. The King's Road is probably one of the best episodes of the series in my opinion. Perfect insight into what Cersei and her p.o.s. son are like on that episode.

This
Tyrion is tywins son....thats what makes the murder more dramatic, the fact that of his 3 kids tywin cant see that tyrion is clearly the child most like him
The child that could have been a fantastic heir for casterly rock as hes inherited all of tywins political instinct and brains and can be ruthless when needs be.
Jamie is warrior not much of a thinker really ....in the books his aunt points out hes more like his uncle
Cersei has his ruthlessness but is a retard (protected on show by limitless plot armour)

No as his aunt also points out in the books tyrion is soooo tywins son...making their confrontation all the more tragic.

The show's really gone out of its way to make Cersei this evil genius. In the book she's a schemer but also a bungling idiot too.

The show's really gone out of its way to make Cersei this evil genius. In the book she's a schemer but also a bungling idiot too.
Shes been retarded in the show too but every stupid action is rewarded instead of pubished d+d are soo far from grmms work now

Ya I don't know that I would say the show has demonstrated any genius for her.

She is definitely a gambler willing to go all in and risk all which often makes others back down not willing to risk similarly. She also has lady luck on her side because whenever she goes all in things always work out for her.

Some say 'better lucky than good' but as soon as luck turns on her she is done.

Outside of Jon... blood or adopted Dany literally has no family left unless she wants to get pounded out by Lord Friendzone of Attempted Cockblock.
Not if Tyrion is her halfling brother. And then if Tyrion lives and the Lannisters die, that is one more spoke of the wheel gone (martell, Tully, frey, tyrell, Baratheon) just Aryn (is sweet Ron a bastard?), Stark, Targ, and lannister left on the board.

This

It was dramatic ...... 3 years ago.
And Reek or Jon Snow killing Ned would been even crazier.

Don't we assume LF worked with Cersei in this? Similarly to the was she worked w LF when Ned discovered the truth?

I do remember that in Book 2, Cersei said to Tyrion, when asked, she had no idea who poisoned Jon Aryn.

I do remember that in Book 2, Cersei said to Tyrion, when asked, she had no idea who poisoned Jon Aryn.
Would she have confessed as much in Book 2?

It makes more sense that LF would use that move for influence w Cersei as well as use her own involvement against her. IMO

The fuck am I supposed to do until the next season? Might watch the new Twin Peaks series I suppose....

Back