Game of Thrones S07E06 Discussion Thread: Episode Spoilers ONLY

And perhaps the most anti-climactic moment in the show's history, was Jon's reunion with Benjen. It was retarded with no meaningful dialog, and there was absolutley no reason why Benjen couldn't get on the horse with Jon. I could rant for paragraphs about what a fucking wasted opportunity it was, and it has made Benjen a completely wasted character - damn near meaningless.

Could be in the minority here but I personally enjoyed that their reunion was all of 5 seconds. They are family and Jon spent quite a bit of time in the first few seasons worried about his whereabouts.

Then he finally shows up while Jon is on deaths door to save his life and hold off the white walkers until his escape. Two grown men on that horse would've made that horse give out much quicker.

I liked seeing all those characters finally meeting and interacting, but the plot is a bunch nonsense. Going beyond the wall was a hokey idea and the drama in Winterfell is overly forced. meh

I liked seeing all those characters finally meeting and interacting, but the plot is a bunch nonsense. Going beyond the wall was a hokey idea and the drama in Winterfell is overly forced. meh
its because Sophie Turner CAN'T ACT! She ruins the immersion of any scene she talks in.

Could be in the minority here but I personally enjoyed that their reunion was all of 5 seconds. They are family and Jon spent quite a bit of time in the first few seasons worried about his whereabouts.

Then he finally shows up while Jon is on deaths door to save his life and hold off the white walkers until his escape. Two grown men on that horse would've made that horse give out much quicker.

Yet, last season, Benjen saved both Bran and whats-her-face by picking them both up on his horse and running away from whites.

And in this episode, there was quite the distance between Jon and the whites before Benjen got to him.

Still retarded.

What is the logic for Uncle Benjin not hoping on the horse with Jon?

The horse would be slower with two? Or a distraction was needed to buy him time to escape? It looks to me that the two of them could have easily hopped on the horse and got away.

every show ever turns to shit in its final seasons. The only exceptions I can think of are The Shield and Breaking Bad, both of which got better with each successive season culminating in a glorious finale.

Yeah, and I was hoping GoT was going to be added to that list.

Apparently not.

This, and the last two episodes have been really bad.

Apparently, no developed characters die in battle anymore.

The huge continent of Westeros has a Skyrim-like Fast-travel system.

And perhaps the most anti-climactic moment in the show's history, was Jon's reunion with Benjen. It was retarded with no meaningful dialog, and there was absolutley no reason why Benjen couldn't get on the horse with Jon. I could rant for paragraphs about what a fucking wasted opportunity it was, and it has made Benjen a completely wasted character - damn near meaningless.

Fuck... D&D are fucking up this show in its final 10 episodes... yes, the last two weren't good either outside of a few great moments.

This show was going to be remembered as the GOAT, and probably never to be surpassed, but at this rate it'll be added to the list of shows that went to shit at the end due to pure laziness.
yes...

ive been saying this for at least 2 to 3 episodes as well.

we have another lost and dexter here happening right before our eyes

yes...

ive been saying this for at least 2 to 3 episodes as well.

we have another lost and dexter here happening right before our eyes
on the bright side, their budget gets increasingly enormous so at least these shittily written scripts get sweet special effects.

What is the logic for Uncle Benjin not hoping on the horse with Jon?

The horse would be slower with two? Or a distraction was needed to buy him time to escape? It looks to me that the two of them could have easily hopped on the horse and got away.

There is no logic.

I just rewatched the scene, and the whites were no where close to them.

calling it now.... the scorpion will be loaded with a dragon glass spear to defeat the undead dragon

Another interesting point that was brought up on reddit. Where the fuck were the undead giants that were marching on the wall. You can see at least two of them in that one episode and now they are conveniently on the sidelines because they could have just squished everyone that went over the wall for the wight.

and Bronn is the one to shoot it.
Bronn%2BGifs%2Bgifgot%2B5.gif

Another interesting point that was brought up on reddit. Where the fuck were the undead giants that were marching on the wall. You can see at least two of them in that one episode and now they are conveniently on the sidelines because they could have just squished everyone that went over the wall for the wight.
how come every time they show the dead army, they're all marching and yet they havent reached the wall yet? Are they doing military drills? Working on their cardio?

^D&C bro, get in step.

Decent episode but very predictable.

Am I the only one who hates that the North doesn't seem cold? No pink noses or ears, no breath showing when talking or anything. It's stupid details like that, that ruins the immersion for me. Oh, and Jon wearing a big fucking coat in the South while Dany is in some normal clothes, Jon would be hot as fuck going to a warmer climate. I realize this is stupid to rant about.

how come every time they show the dead army, they're all marching and yet they havent reached the wall yet? Are they doing military drills? Working on their cardio?

Night king is too proud to stop and ask for directions

This, and the last two episodes have been really bad.

Apparently, no developed characters die in battle anymore.

The huge continent of Westeros has a Skyrim-like Fast-travel system.

Fuck... D&D are fucking up this show in its final 10 episodes... yes, the last two weren't good either outside of a few great moments.

This show was going to be remembered as the GOAT, and probably never to be surpassed, but at this rate it'll be added to the list of shows that went to shit at the end due to pure laziness.

EXACTLY my thoughts, like word by word. It could have been the GOAT, too late for that now.

i found some better footage of some of the episode to judge and another thing i noticed was how badly edited and choppy the combat was. Like the bear attack lol they just stood there and then oh wait shit i better stab it

hang on let me stand here some more

oh yeah i was fighting! bork1}

that scene could have been a lot more terrifying if done better

Back