Game of Thrones S07E02 Discussion Thread: Grey's Anatomy (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Title for tonight's thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if Cersei marries Euron and Euron becomes King? he starts calling the shots i assume, or is it Westeros a place where Queens rule and men stay as a consort king or something

When a man marries a Queen, he doesn't become a King.

Very much agree with this. Apart from people who had read the books before the show began, it was pretty hard to predict what was going to happen next in the show which kept it interesting. However, since the show outpaced the books, the storytelling has become so simplified that most fans are able to easily predict what's going to happen in pretty much every episode. Without even reading the leaks. The only thing left is to see how it plays out on screen.

I think most people predicted the end of season 6 with wildfire but watching it play out and hearing the amazing soundtrack was a thing of beauty. I would prefer being unable to predict each episode, however no other show made me think about all these possibilities and especially with all the prophetic lines in the book.

I just read that the actors for Jaime, Cersei, Tyrion, Jon Snow, & Khaleesi are each making 2.5 million dollars per episode for this season & next.

<{danawhoah}>
Fuck. I remember Friends's actors making a mill per episode so its feasable. Im jelly.
Anyway that brings the question: how much did Brian Cranston and Pinkman make for the last seasons of BB?
Less lead actors for a better show that Id'd guess was even more successful and needed much less money on tons of characters and actors, cgi, gigantic battles, et all.

Awesome rendering of the wall. But here's a dumb question: can the ice king just sail around the wall? He's capable of mounting a horse. Why not a boat?

As I've pointed out, a wall without a Coast Guard is useless.

only problem there, is the cross guard isn't curved like Dawn's is, or it doesn't appear to be

I don't know, I do know it's pretty damn close to be coincidental. Never seen another sword w/ that weird nipple on the bottom
edit: perhaps it's the 'lightbringer' of azar azhul or whatever

That nipple is the end of the blade that's peened to the pommel to hold hilt on.

Bookmarked

Music is a severely-underrated aspect of Game of Thrones, even though every favorite scenes on the show would lose at least 50% of their impact without a piece composed especially for it, anything from Daenerys marching out of Astapor with her new Unsullied army, to the revelation of Jon Snow's parentage.

I think the only time when people gave it any credit was when the Twins' great hall's doors are locked and the Frey's wedding band started playing "The Rains of Castamere".

Last edited:
I wonder how many pages this thread would be reduced by if all the redundant posts on the same page are removed?

40 pages? 50?

Since it's only 36 pages it wouldn't be reduced much.

Music is a severely-underrated aspects of Game of Thrones, even though every favorite scene on the show would lose 50% of its impact without a piece composed especially for it, anywhere from Daenerys marching out of Astapor with her new Unsullied army, to the revelation of Jon Snow's parentage.

I think the only time when people gave it any credit was when the great hall's doors are locked and the wedding band started playing "The Rain of Castamere".

To be fair, that was the music's moment to shine. Normally it's supporting cast. Right there it became the star of the show, if only for a few seconds.

In that ending scene, as tough a fighter as Yara is, she goes panic mode at about the point where she has to use a human shield to avoid Euron's axe. Credit to Gemma's acting, as you can see it in her eyes the look like she's already lost or at least a look of frustration/desperation.

I dunno about that man. He's been ripping people's spines out
Plus p4p most durable. Took a straight up spike to the torso that pierced his armor and was no worse for wear. FrankenMountain is gonna be a force. Can crushing right now but he's due for a step up in competition and I imagine only the dragons can stop him.

Euron also high on the durability list. Sandy Vs attacks were shrugged off like Undertaker in an early 90s wwf match.

Durability and raw power =/= being a better fighter necessarily.

I've offered up prior my theory that Qyburn has discovered and is using the same magic that creates Whytes.

You do recall how impervious to pain and how strong that whyte was that attacked Mormont and Jon? Until they burned it there was little they could do.

In tight spaces tough to beat but out in the open those slow lumbering beasts would be at a disadvantage to any skilled fighter.

Cleganebowl part 1 at the end of this season than part 2 next season.

Then somehow Jon fights Jaime in the throneroom, callback to Ned finding Jaime on the throne.

Tyrion steps in and saves Jaime from death.

Quote me next year after the finale.

Cleganebowl part 1 at the end of this season than part 2 next season.

Then somehow Jon fights Jaime in the throneroom, callback to Ned finding Jaime on the throne.

Tyrion steps in and saves Jaime from death.

Quote me next year after the finale.

yeah im gonna go ahead and save all your bullshit on this quote

Durability and raw power =/= being a better fighter necessarily.

I've offered up prior my theory that Qyburn has discovered and is using the same magic that creates Whytes.

You do recall how impervious to pain and how strong that whyte was that attacked Mormont and Jon? Until they burned it there was little they could do.

In tight spaces tough to beat but out in the open those slow lumbering beasts would be at a disadvantage to any skilled fighter.

Except that Frankenclegane was a fully trained and battle hardend Knight in his human life. He hasn't used a sword yet simply because he hasn't needed to. But if he still has those skills, he will be even more dangerous.

mountain isnt a wight...hes something different ..half alive half dead

Whs
Plus Dragonstone and King's Landing are super close. As soon as they left Dragonstone, Euron would bump into them. He also got to King's Landing before Dany landed, he was probably waiting for them. The real issue is, how did Yara not have her fleet choking off the blackwater bay? Also, do none of her sailors use a fucking crow's nest?
Screen%20Shot%202017-07-24%20at%209.12.14%20AM.png
what is a crow nest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back