Game of Thrones S07E02 Discussion Thread: Grey's Anatomy (No Spoilers/Leaks)

Title for tonight's thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
crowsnest.jpg

Like last season, disappointing that the only character we haven't seen thus far is Bronn.

Jerome Flynn and Lena Heady are bitter exs who won't be in the same room as each other........we need Jaime to leave King's Landing so Bronn can come back.

Yeah LOB (lack of Bronn) has been a major issue so far. Damn, Bronn banged Cersei IRL...a real baller.

She's definitely gotten worse as she's gotten older. Thought she was really good in the first few seasons. I guess maybe now that she's an assassin, she feels she needs to stare blankly and be completely emotionless in every scene she's in.

Well I guess that's the Arya 2.0.

I'm ok with that. I wouldn't expect to enter some murdering black magic sect, have to kiil people and just remain normal.

Well we saw zombie Giants at the beginning of episode 1 so maybe ZombieMountain is going to step up to superzombieweight and take one on for the undisputed SuperZombieWeight title.
posts like this is why i love sherdog. lmao.

Cersei doesn't give a rats ass about Yara, Euron took her for his own reasons. Ellaria Sand will be the gift seeing as she was the person responsible for killing Myrcella

You are absolutely right....

Back in Season 1 it was said to be 1,000 leagues, which would be over 3,000 miles but that seems way too far. Jon said 1,000 miles in the Season 7 premiere.

My bad. A zero too much. 10.000 didn't make sense. Even in an imaginary world.

On the other hand, 1,000 miles doesn't add up either.

King's Landing is mediteranean climate and Winterfell must be pretty much boreal/arctic climate.

You don't get such variations IRL unless it is linked with topography, i.e. mountains, which isn't the case here.

The circumference of the earth is only 24,000 miles. The GoT world would have to take place on a larger planet. A quick search says 1500 miles Winterfell to King's Landing as the three eyed crow flies.

Homing pigeons have flown 7,200 miles in 24 days. The fastest sailing ship, Cutty Sark, averaged about 15 mph so it would take a ship 30 days to go 10,000 miles. A ship could go 7,200 miles in 20 days so it would be faster than a bird that has to eat and sleep if the wind is favorable.

The fastest sailing ship today set the record for New York to San Francisco around Cape Horn at 47 days 42 minutes. That's 13,225 miles. During the 1850s it took 3 to 6 months in ships comparable to those on GoT.

Cool info.....the more you know.

I find old pre-electricity technology fascinating.

I do not give two shits who the prince was promised is. There might not even be one. If its revealed to be jon or sandor,Gendry...or pod. I really dont give a shit.

It took a fortnight for King Robert's retinue to reach Wintefell from KL in season 1,so a fast forced march can do it faster.

Ok well that's impossible though.

1000 miles in 14 days ? That's more than 100K / day.

Euron definitely has a bond-villain like persona. But, yeah, that's how I think it will go down. Theon will lead a rescue and finally redeem himself, probably dying in the process (since the end is near) but taking Euron with him.

Urine ? Bond villain ? Come on. He's Just Bleed to the bone.

Anyways he made Theon pull an Upham.

I hope he doesn't go down like that. Euron Greyjoy is a TRT injection in a GoT mythos full of cucks, eunuchs, and beta males. He is also my new favorite character.

There has been a severe lack of testosterone in that show since the demise of Tywin Lannister and Ramsay Bolton. Jaime's character development took a turn for the worse last couple of seasons: from an unpredictable, cheeky, backstabbing-yet-likable Loki like character to a full blown manservant of Cercei.

Yeah most of the factions in Westeros have women leaders.

This thing is turning full-blown feminist.

Jon gets word from Dragonstone before news of Bran at castle Black ?? Thought that was random, and if for some reason Bran didn't want that news out there should of been a brief scene of him telling Ed that.

Could of scrapped those sandy skanks cringe scene below deck.

If you didn't become a fan of Freindstone during season 5 where he went to hell and back to get back to Daenerys, you're never going to be a fan of his. Dude is relentless and it's awesome.

game-of-thrones-javalin-1.gif

Yeah I don't get the Friendszone hate on this forum. He's awesome.

My bad. A zero too much. 10.000 didn't make sense. Even in an imaginary world.

On the other hand, 1,000 miles doesn't add up either.

King's Landing is mediteranean climate and Winterfell must be pretty much boreal/arctic climate.

You don't get such variations IRL unless it is linked with topography, i.e. mountains, which isn't the case here.

You guys are over thinking it. This world has a different climate than Earth. They can have winters / summers that last a decade. Same rules do not apply.

Durability and raw power =/= being a better fighter necessarily.

I've offered up prior my theory that Qyburn has discovered and is using the same magic that creates Whytes.

You do recall how impervious to pain and how strong that whyte was that attacked Mormont and Jon? Until they burned it there was little they could do.

In tight spaces tough to beat but out in the open those slow lumbering beasts would be at a disadvantage to any skilled fighter.

I like that theory. I really believe the Q-Doc got a hold of the wight's hand that Allistar had to bring down south.

However the mountain doesn't seem to have slowed down much. We can't call him lumbering quite yet. He has lots of questions left to answer

Yeah I don't get the Friendszone hate on this forum. He's awesome.

Jorah's one of my favorite characters also. Not just hus character his part has been consistently well acted.

I think most people root for him quietly but prefer to shit talk him because this is Sherdog, and on Sherdog being Friendzoned makes you too beta to openly support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back