Game of Thrones S07E01 Discussion Thread: And Now our Watch Begins (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was common knowledge that dragonstone had a shit ton of dragon glass. Or was that in the books only?
nope.

In season 4 Stannis told Sam that there is dragonglass on Dragonstone.

Also, Davos lived on Dragonstone for years and was the hand of the king so he should also know about those mines.

So the fact that there is dragonglass on Dragonstone should be a surprise to literally nobody. both the characters and the viewers already knew about it

yeah bruh, everyone loves Grey Worm. He was barely fleshed out in either the books or initial script but Jacob Anderson transcended the material with his acting talent.
Hmm it's true, Greyworm is a much bigger character on the TV show than in the books. He's not quite to the level of The Hound, where they focus 20 minutes of 2 consecutive season premieres on him but he's done a good job with what he's been given.

just give us a hound spinoff with literally any character

Anyone else think Ed Sheeran = Rhaegar = Azor Ahai?

I'm a little behind the pace here, son of sure if answered already.

But it was definitely Wun Wun, he only had one blue eye. The other was missing from the arrow injury.

That would be impossible. It must have been another Giant with only one eye left. Don't they live a really long time? They probably get a lot of battle scars a long the way.

Jon already got Ollie'd a couple of seasons ago when he tried to do the right thing (end tensions with the Wildlings, welcome them into the Seven Kingdoms and forge an alliance to fight the WW) I don't think Young Karstark and Little Umber are going to do anything bad to him.

What's even left of the Karstarks and Umbers?

Wasn't D-level athlete Canner macgregor rumored to have a cameo?

Conor was offered a part but he turned it down, he said it would have disrupted his training too much and not enough money was on the table to be worth that

Wish Brienne let Stannis live. Would of liked to see dany enter Dragonstone with stannis on his throne a broken man and alone. Would of been a holy shit moment since we never saw Stannis die but pretty sure brienne told Davos she executed him.

Its clear that Snow is going to have the same fate as all the Starks with his righteousness bullshit. Sansa thinking she can outsmart Littlefinger is typical Sansa behaviour, its only a matter of time before he gifts her to Euron.

Everything you just said would happen would be extremely repetitive and unlikely IMO. The writers involved in GoT are generally pretty good. They're not just going to have Jon casually fail in the exact same way that his dad and brother did and get got for being too honorable, just like they're not gonna just casually have Littlefinger once again hand Sansa over to her enemy for his own benefit. There are a lot of common themes in the show of course but that would just be way too unoriginal.

My thoughts are that if things head in either direction, there will be an X factor that changes it...like Sansa smartening up and turning the tables on LF at the last minute somehow using what she has learned from LF and Cersei. Like she'll write to Cersei and tell her that LF is the one who killed her son or some shit.

And I just cant imagine Snow not meeting/probably banging Dany at some point. They're the "ice and fire" in "the song of ice and fire" it seems.

Jesus Christ. Literally the first episode and we already got people posting pics of spoilers and shit. Im out of this thread full of bald cunts this season. Bunch of fucking Freys.
Just saw this after catching up. It's been handled. I'll edit the OP, apparently "no spoilers" in the title wasn't clear enough, lol

I really hope Euron is handled correctly. He has the potential to become a huge fan favorite

Sansa trying to lecture Jon about not fucking things up, meanwhile she just sowed seeds of discontent & planted a few landmines that Jon is going to have to deal with now with that stupid public argument

Sam said he didn't think it was important when Stannis told him about the Dragon Glass at Dragon Stone so why would it all a sudden become important when he sees it in a book? He already knew that it could kill White Walkers..

{<huh}

It's like they made Sam look really stupid just because they didn't want to mention anything about anybody going to Dragon Stone until season 7.

Just saw this after catching up. It's been handled. I'll edit the OP, apparently "no spoilers" in the title wasn't clear enough, lol
What kind of spoilers can there be at this point? The books and the TV show are so far apart... Is there a leaked script or something?

Wish Brienne let Stannis live. Would of liked to see dany enter Dragonstone with stannis on his throne a broken man and alone. Would of been a holy shit moment since we never saw Stannis die but pretty sure brienne told Davos she executed him.

I think the actor wanted off the show.

She should have let him take the Black. He would have been a great Nights Watch commander.

the_hell_does_would_of_mean_by_kaigetsudo-d3fxxqv.jpg

I was willing to overlook your first "would of" but then you did it again right after. REEEEEEEEEEE

She should have let him take the Black. He would have been a great Nights Watch commander.
"Stannis will break before bends". No way he agrees to that when he feels the throne is rightfully his and he was following his moral duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back