Gadelha/Andrade showed how great Joanna is

I'm not hyping Valentina (well, technically I am, because I'm speaking highly of her, but I'm not doing it in that fanboy of hers, way), I'm telling it how it is.

JJ fights a bunch of smaller women, and always has the height, length, size, and strength advantage in all of her fights, except maybe the Valerie fight. I don't think she's that well versed at grappling, as much as she's just way stronger, and has more leverage than her opponents.

When she fights someone her own size, with equal, and even more skill than her, she's getting smashed to pieces.

That's kind of the case with everyone. If you fight someone your size who's better than you you're gonna lose. In jj case nobody in her division is better

Joanna made Andrade fight for every one of her patented Crotch Slams of Doom. She blasted her with elbows and knees every time she had an inch of space. Every time Joanna was lifted off her feet, she controlled her posture so that she was dropped in a way that she can instantly get back to her feet, striking Andrade off the break every time. The one time she was taken down, she was on her feet in seconds, not giving Andrade a chance to get anything going on the ground. Hell, she even slugged it out with Andrade in the pocket every now and then, showing how nonsensical that "weak chin" myth is.

Rose doesn't have a chance against her.
The Andrade that faced Gadelha, was not the Andrade that faced JJ. She was way too tentative with JJ and paid the price. Against Gadelha, she was like WTF and just went for it. I fo one, would like to see her against JJ once more. Definitely the most interesting challenger at 115 at this point.

I'm not hyping Valentina (well, technically I am, because I'm speaking highly of her, but I'm not doing it in that fanboy of hers, way), I'm telling it how it is.

JJ fights a bunch of smaller women, and always has the height, length, size, and strength advantage in all of her fights, except maybe the Valerie fight. I don't think she's that well versed at grappling, as much as she's just way stronger, and has more leverage than her opponents.

When she fights someone her own size, with equal, and even more skill than her, she's getting smashed to pieces.
I take it you're referring to JJ when you say, "When she fights someone her own size, with equal, and even more skill than her, she's getting smashed to pieces," do you mean "she will be smashed to pieces"? As of now, that has not happened. I don't see her getting smashed to pieces by Val, but I do see Val winning.

The Andrade that faced Gadelha, was not the Andrade that faced JJ. She was way too tentative with JJ and paid the price. Against Gadelha, she was like WTF and just went for it. I fo one, would like to see her against JJ once more. Definitely the most interesting challenger at 115 at this point.

"Tentative", my ass. All they talked about Andrade in her fight with JJ was how she would just keep on coming despite everything Joanna threw at her. But it's tough to get anything going when Joanna just shuts everything down. She can't slam her, Joanna got up instantly from the one slam she did land, she can't bully her in the clinch, she eats strikes from range trying to chase Joanna round after round, and in the rare times she does catch her, Joanna can trade with her long enough to get away or clinch her up.

This fight is a long way off but here are some points to consider.

The weight difference, not much say 10 pounds at most, probably less This actually suits Joanna - Val isn't a hard puncher anyway and coming down might take a bit of power away.

Experience - Joanna is 14-0 in mma and every opponent is credible, even the two girls she fought in Poland at the start of her career. In reality Val is 4-3 against known opponents and I'm being generous and including her win against Cuddles Finney.

Training - Since those amateur MT fights 10 or more years ago Joanna has trained with the best Hoost, a bunch of Chechens in Olsztyn and now ATT. Val has flitted around the third world training with the same guy she's been with since she was 5 years ago.

Attitude - Joanna is willing to learn. Even though she was the champ she realised she needed to improve, hence the move to Florida. Val failed to adapt when another ATT girl came out with a gameplan she hadn't even considered. Did she learn anything? The salt suggests not, it was the judge's fault not her own.

Just trying to save you guys some money if the fight gets made.

Do people even understand what they were watching, it was exactly the same Andrade in both fights and if Joanna had completely gassed out like Claudia did then the end result would have been very much the same.

Oh I notice a typo in my earlier post should be Shevchenko training with the same guy since she was five years old.

I think Joanna could beat Valentina. It would be very close fight but in my opinion Joanna is better striker. That fight will definitely happen, because it will be huge money fight. Whole world will be watching.

And it's her strength that allows her to use techniques so easily, and defend against those little woman punches from Claudia.

I'd agree that Joanna is stronger than she looks, but it's her skills more than anything else that lets her do what she does. Joanna's technique is fundamentally solid and she gets all the little details right. For instance, she always locks up a tight overhook or gets an underhook to keep opponents from dropping down for a double or single-leg on the fence. She gets head position in the clinch and ties up the arms so that opponents can't punch or elbow her, then uses the leverage to frame off or off-balance them to setup knees & elbows of her own. Thanks to her Muay Thai background and the coaching she's getting at ATT, she understands the clinch far better than anyone else in her division.

Shut up. Joanna outstruck her and made her tentative. She got outclassed by the better striker. Also her grappling was nullified.

Holds the ufc championship fight records for most leg kicks landed and 1st, 2nd, 3rd for strikes landed.

Pillow fists.

Back