FX's LEGION (Season 3 Premieres June 24, 2019)

That scene of the fat demon guy walking down the corridor exploding fools was really fucking awesome. The whole episode was great tbh.

Show has a pretty distinctive style to it and it's not just a 60s vibe, but the general mood/pacing and some of the technical stuff (the way shots are set up and some other quirks) reminded me of something, so I looked up who was behind it, one of the Fargo (tv series) writers apparently, that explains a lot.

Update: March 15, 2017

Noah Hawley's Marvel Drama LEGION Renewed for a Second Season at FX

Legion-Dan-Stevens-Rachel-Keller-031517-Dragonlord.jpg

FX is staying in business with Marvel. The cable network has handed out a second-season renewal for Noah Hawley's twisted take on comic property Legion, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The series will return in 2018, with a formal episode count yet to be determined.

The series from the Fargo mastermind launched Feb. 8 to stellar reviews — FX notes that the drama starring Dan Stevens has a 93 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a Metacritic score of 82. No streaming or VOD data has been released yet, but the premiere cumed 4.4 million viewers and 2.4 million adults 18-49 (with an encore) once live-plus-three-day ratings came in. In Live+7, Legion is averaging 1.68 million viewers among adults 18-49 and 2.85 million total viewers. It ranks second in the demo and fourth in total viewers when compared with all new cable launches thus far in 2017.

"The first season of Legion was a stunning achievement,” FX president of original programming Eric Schrier said. “More than a new series, Legion is a wholly original take on the super hero genre. Our thanks to Noah Hawley for taking the creative risks and shattering expectations. It’s a privilege to work again with Noah, his producing partners, the outstanding cast and our partners at Marvel Television on another season of Legion.”

Unlike most Marvel TV fare, Hawley's Legion is focused less on the comic book mythology and more on the mental health issues that come with the powers of the show's central characters.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legion-renewed-season-2-at-fx-986453

Pretty cool to see syd's asscheeks in chapter 5

We he sang Rainbow connection it was trippy this episode had an AKIRA vibe to it.

My only gripe with this show is it's not on until 11pm and it's too good for me to wait until the next day too watch it.

My only gripe with this show is it's not on until 11pm and it's too good for me to wait until the next day too watch it.
I have been watching most of the season "on demand" the next day because I got to work at 4 am and fall asleep before it airs.

Colossus Actor Stefan Kapicic Wants the Metal Mutant to Appear in LEGION or GIFTED

Deadpool-Colossus-031517-Dragonlord.jpg

Stefan Kapicic - who plays Colossus in Deadool - had nothing but great things to say about his character when he spoke to ComicBook this week. While he can't wait to bring the character back in Deadpool 2, he mentioned there was another X-Men property that he feels would be a great fit for the talents of Colossus.

"One of the things right now is well we thought there are so many amazing projects regarding X-Men....of course, you watched Legion. Those are some things that I'm really excited and I was really surprised when - First of all, I've never thought that X-Men TV show could work. Especially because of the effects, because of like storylines and everything else. The movie, yes but the TV show...On the other side, I totally fell in love with Legion.

"It gets so clever, it gets so specific. The way it's directed, the way the acting is there. For example, if you ask me what I would like to show up in... and I don't know the rules between the studios or whatever, but like it at Fox. I would love to have a guest appearance in Legion or in a new X-men show as Colossus. Because I think that those kind of crossovers - it's not a crossover because it's the same role, it's the same X-man. I think that that would be something like a new step to combine the film and TV show characters. Of course, you have a Marvel universe and you have Defenders now and you have like all those amazing shows, but I'm talking from my ... like I say, Fox perspective

"It would be perfect if you can combine characters just like Colossus to show up in Legion or in new X-men show with Steven Moyer I don't know the name."

Like Kapicic said, none of the superhero franchises have really mixed the film and TV worlds yet. Sure, Marvel's shows on ABC and Netflix reference the heroes of The Avengers, but there hasn't been a ton of crossover.

There doesn't seem to be anything like this in the works yet, there's a reason Kapicic wants to appear in an array of X-Men properties. Not only is he a big fan himself - as the actor let us know he's an avid comic collector - but he's a big fan of the work Fox is doing on the Marvel properties.

After lighting up about Hugh Jackman's performance in Logan, Kapicic had this to say regarding the X-Men Universe he finds himself a part of.

"I'm grateful to be part of the X-Men family. I'm really grateful for it. Especially, as I said, as somebody not just an actor because there's some actors that are just not into comic books, or they just look at these roles as like work or a job. For me it's something much more. For me, it's my most honest and truthful love that I'm raising from the moment that I know about myself is my love for comic books. That for my job, of course, which is acting.

"This is something that just, for me, it's got so many different meanings. It's not just like a well-paid job or like you become famous, whatever. For me, this makes, as I've said, my inner child happy. That makes me alive and that makes me to wake up every single morning with a huge, big smile on my face.

"Thank God and on the other side thank all those amazing directors and people that I worked with and such brilliant actors, because working alongside now with Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool team. I'm so feeling blessed and grateful that I have this kind of opportunity."

Deadpool's Colossus Reveals Which X-Men Property He'd Like To Appear In [Exclusive]

^ Cool guy. You can tell that he loves comic books and his job.

This fucking show....

I don't watch TV to think this much. This episode was strange as fuck..

I like Aubrey Plaza, but I feel she was miscast for this role. Every time she is on the screen it seems like everyone else is their character and she is Aubrey Plaza.

Noah Hawley's Marvel Drama LEGION Renewed for a Second Season at FX

Legion-Dan-Stevens-Rachel-Keller-031517-Dragonlord.jpg

FX is staying in business with Marvel. The cable network has handed out a second-season renewal for Noah Hawley's twisted take on comic property Legion, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The series will return in 2018, with a formal episode count yet to be determined.

The series from the Fargo mastermind launched Feb. 8 to stellar reviews — FX notes that the drama starring Dan Stevens has a 93 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a Metacritic score of 82. No streaming or VOD data has been released yet, but the premiere cumed 4.4 million viewers and 2.4 million adults 18-49 (with an encore) once live-plus-three-day ratings came in. In Live+7, Legion is averaging 1.68 million viewers among adults 18-49 and 2.85 million total viewers. It ranks second in the demo and fourth in total viewers when compared with all new cable launches thus far in 2017.

"The first season of Legion was a stunning achievement,” FX president of original programming Eric Schrier said. “More than a new series, Legion is a wholly original take on the super hero genre. Our thanks to Noah Hawley for taking the creative risks and shattering expectations. It’s a privilege to work again with Noah, his producing partners, the outstanding cast and our partners at Marvel Television on another season of Legion.”

Unlike most Marvel TV fare, Hawley's Legion is focused less on the comic book mythology and more on the mental health issues that come with the powers of the show's central characters.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legion-renewed-season-2-at-fx-986453

Lenny mentioned that she/he/it knew David's biological father. Got a bit excited since we know this mutant character is likely to be. And it also further hints that Lenny/Slim Mojo's true identity. Legion is separate from the X-Men movie universe but still a bit excited knowing that
Professor X is in this show (even though it will be with a different actor) and that the Shadow King is the villain.

Amber Midthunder's (Kerry) acting is improved in this episode. She is so much better at showing vulnerability and fear rather than acting tough and doing the action scenes.

I like the fact that the diver (Jemaine Clement) was a big part of how the Scooby Gang will escape from being trapped mentally or in the astral plane. His introduction in episode 5 didn't go to waste.

Love Aubrey Plaza's performance as the villain. She just shines in the role.

This show...this fucking show. Holy shit, what a ride. It's impposible to just watch it episode by episode. It's too tense. Prof X really has to appear in this show and I'm hoping they wheel in Stewart for it. He said on Corden's show he would love to do it. Shadow King is basically confirmed at this point. I think when they get back to reality Syd dies saving David triggering David losing his shit and mind fucking Shadow King then probably resurecting Syd back to life, or reversing time.

No surprise it got a 2nd season. It's quality TV.

Update: March 16, 2017

Identity of Devil with Yellow Eyes in LEGION Revealed in New Promo

maxresdefault.jpg

Slim Mojo is Amahl Farouk, the Shadow King.

What is Dr. Birds power? I love the show but I think it's funny that when they bring their people with fire power to attack they bring that dude that throws people with his mind, a girl that's about 110 pounds and fights with her fists, and Dr. Bird who's power is? And then you have Ptonomy and Syd, who's powers are useless in a fight. No wonder they need David so badly. Besides "throw people dude" he's the only one with legit ass kicking powes.

Lenny mentioned that she/he/it knew David's biological father. Got a bit excited since we know this mutant character is likely to be. And it also further hints that Lenny/Slim Mojo's true identity. Legion is separate from the X-Men movie universe but still a bit excited knowing that
Professor X is in this show (even though it will be with a different actor) and that the Shadow King is the villain.

Amber Midthunder's (Kerry) acting is improved in this episode. She is so much better at showing vulnerability and fear rather than acting tough and doing the action scenes.

I like the fact that the diver (Jemaine Clement) was a big part of how the Scooby Gang will escape from being trapped mentally or in the astral plane. His introduction in episode 5 didn't go to waste.

Love Aubrey Plaza's performance as the villain. She just shines in the role.
I normally agree with you Dragonlord but not on Aubrey Plaza. I've waited to comment on it until now to see if my opinion would change. But it hasn't. She is the one person on the show I feel is miscast. I agree that Kerry was cringey during the fight scene, but I put that on the director much more than her.

Back