Future of Invicta

lol. the UG is dead like boxing is dead. don't be butt hurt.

feeder org for ufc, i bet they make all their money from selling contracts to the ufc.

lol. the UG is dead like boxing is dead. don't be butt hurt.

The UG is dead. Sounds like you're between the anger & denial stages. Let it go, clinging on to its lifeless corpse isn't healthy.

Stopping by there after a few events earlier this year & the lack of discussion there is striking (especially of non-UFC orgs, but even UFC posting is a fraction of what it was even just 2-3 years ago). But it's not like people haven't seen that coming. Anyway, discussion threads for Invicta & other non-UFC events still go on for pages here - the last Invicta got nearly 300 posts here and god knows how many on Reddit (over 500 for sure) - so if the UG could only manage 8 posts (2 from you) I'd say that is more of a reflection of the state of that place than the state of Invicta. Looks like the Sherdog survived and the UG died. Sherdog wins the great MMA forum war!

I will agree it isn't what it once was. Back in the early 00's every single UFC fight was broken down every single possible way. But to call it dead when it does thousands and thousands and thousands of posts every single day is absurd.

But no, that was a reflection on the state of Invicta. The D level shows that get more than 8 posts there shows how little people care about Invicta. My twitter feed had not a single Invicta post on it. Not one. And I follow a fair amount of MMA media. But by god if the 6th best promotion in Russia has a show on at 10 in the morning Eastern time, you bet your ass posts are popping up on my twitter feed.

Invicta is not going anywhere. The promotion is very important to the UFC. Invicta does a lot of the gritty work the UFC doesn't have to do to identify and groom female talent. Further, although I do not know its financials, Shannon Knapp and others in the media have stated Invicta generates the highest viewership on UFC Fight Pass among all non-UFC fight cards.

I agree. UFC needs feeder/development leagues like Invicta/Titan, etc.

Back