Fury's 2 biggest wins since the pitter patter win against a 40yo Wlad have aged horribly, his farce is almost over

Exactly, they are good but not great with the exception of Crawford; he looks like he might achieve greatness.

That mid 70s into the eighties time was amazing. I saw the later career of Ali and prime Holmes.

Sugar Ray came on in the late 70s which was awesome; that whole period is unsurpassed in the MW-WW range with Duran, Hagler, Benitez, Hearns, etc. as I'm sure you know.

You also had a very special amateur program being stimulates by Cold War competition. Notice a lot for the quality dropped off after the Cold War. Less for the nation to prove.

AJ was facing Wlad in his 19th fight, for context Wilder faced Daniel Cota and Fury faced Vinny Maddalone at the same stage.

With Fury drinking beer and sniffing gear in his pants Wlad was comfortably the most accomplished guy he could have faced.

Turned pro years later yet stepped up much quicker,
and yet never looked better then against Wlad. That was his peak. Also i stick with 41 year old. Sounds far less impressive with the context of wlads age. I mean at 41 athletes are a shell of their former self. Wlad being an ATG was still a great task and impressive win but you know 41. Also Povetkin 40 years old. Takam 38, Pulev 40 years old. Joshua has a habit of picking old past it fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back