Movies FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA (Second Official Trailer, post #237)

Then why is it literally called, "A Mad Max Saga"?

It would bomb without the MM name. It will bomb anyway.
i assume because MM is the signifier for Miller’s expanded post apocalyptic world creation that he’s decided is populated by characters not named Max who have stories worth telling

Last edited:
Shame Tom Hardy was perfect as has that crazy vibe about him whereas Hemsworth doesn't. Would also love to see Mel involved in any capacity.

Nice chatting, champ. I'll eagerly await your unbiased review when it drops!
just because i’m familiar w/ GM’s career doesn’t mean i’m biased towards his work. i had zero interest in Fury Road because it looked annoying to me & i literally don’t give a damn about the first three Mad Max movies. i’m glad i gave it a shot because turns out it totally rules, but that still didn’t make me suddenly care about the first three. i was merely pointing out the unfounded goofiness of what your post was implying because it wasn’t grounded in any reality

That’s brutal. They don’t have the tech. Lol They made Arnold a young dude in terminator salvation. Almost realistic. Maybe they just didn’t want to pay Charlize the money she asked for.
Fury road is a furiousa movie with mad max as a co star. Well that’s what I got out of it. It was her story and he just caught a ride.
Maybe she was just hard to deal with. Acting like a bitch behind the scenes. I can’t wait to see immortan Joes whores
The problem with de ageing is you still move like your age and it looks hilarious.

irishman-irish.gif

I'm still interested in watching it despite how uninteresting the trailer is. In Mad Max Fury, she claimed to be in a far green land but when they arrived there, it was all gone so they've come back to kill Imortable Joe.

It would be best for the next movie will be the future and not move backward.

Anya Taylor-Joy is pretty but I don't think she fits a tough girl.

She has a cute bamby face and looks completly out of place as furiosa, Charlize Theron has a edge to her that made it work .

Then why is it literally called, "A Mad Max Saga"?

It would bomb without the MM name. It will bomb anyway.
I don't think this movie will bomb folks are going for the action and will ignore all the girl power shenanigans. George miller fans are also very loyal like myself I actually wish this would have came out in april. I expect this to do dune 2 numbers.

Anya Taylor-Joy is pretty but I don't think she fits a tough girl.

She has a cute bamby face and looks completly out of place as furiosa, Charlize Theron has an edge to her that made it work .
I agree. I actually think Mackenzie Davis would have been a much better casting. She’s younger but the same height as Charlize Theron with a similar build. There is a strength and toughness in her but she’s also quite beautiful.

I don't think this movie will bomb folks are going for the action and will ignore all the girl power shenanigans. George miller fans are also very loyal like myself I actually wish this would have came out in april. I expect this to do dune 2 numbers.

It won't make half as much as D2. LoL.

That was the worst movie in a long time I watched. What a lifeless shit performance by all involved

I like most of Scorsese's works, but the Irishman felt like a complete indulgence instead of a movie that wanted to convey a story; the bizarre choice of DeNiro as an imposing young man being the most obvious and superficial symptom of that indulgence.

I like Anna but this film looks dumb from a story perspective. It will be all style with little substance.

Fury Road was such a simple story. A giant chase scene. The practical effects were fun, but that was it. It barely made its budget back.

Saw the whole trailer at the theater the other night. Looks like a CGI shitfest. I think it will be awful.

A good example about how the permanent ability to use CGI destroys a movie at its core. Because they don't have to carefully plan for these scenes it's overused and implemented without much thought. The trailer tells it all. New directors loose the ability to compose a scene

Back