Funny quote from Steve Nelmark about being knocked out by Tank Abbott

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
As we all know, one of Tank's most terrifying knockouts, Nelmark looked like he was dead from a shotgun blast. Here is what Nelmark had to say : )

Nelmark: I wasn't even knocked out. If you watch the fight, it looks horrible because I just collapse. He hit a part of my nervous system that knocked my motor functions out. I collapsed because I couldn't move. But I never lost consciousness.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=eightmenout

605386_1_display_image.jpg

He didn't knock him out guys, he just knocked him out.

Well, it's possible that he was aware that he got hit in the head and fell down like that, while it was happening. That's all he was saying.

Who knows what's going through a KO'd guy's head.

When you see that picture of Rashad, he could have been totally aware of getting hit by Machida and thinking of something totally different.

When he brain's cells get jogged like that, the mind looks to escape. Body's and mind's reaction aren't always consistent. It's possible a guy who was "KO'd" and looks unconscious actually isn't "sleeping" and knows exactly what happened. And it's like an acid trip; it's never the same twice in a row.

I like rubbing that "part of my nervous system"...I swear, you've never had an orgasm like a KOrgasm....

That's right. And I remember the Robbie Lawler-Tiki Ghosn fight being stopped only because Tiki got cut.

When you see that picture of Rashad, he could have been totally aware of getting hit by Machida and thinking of something totally different.

He was thinking, "This would make an awesome website." :icon_lol:

Anybody who lost to Tank Abbot should be ashamed of themselves.

You know that an organization is in trouble when Tank Abbot is the star. The way they hyped that guy is ridiculous. Sure he had power but any decent boxer or kickboxer would have taken him out of there. I wish some K1 guys went in there and knocked his block off but I suppose the UFC wasn't worth doing at the time.

mutua was still trying to defend himself. horrible stoppage

As we all know, one of Tank's most terrifying knockouts, Nelmark looked like he was dead from a shotgun blast. Here is what Nelmark had to say : )

Nelmark: I wasn't even knocked out. If you watch the fight, it looks horrible because I just collapse. He hit a part of my nervous system that knocked my motor functions out. I collapsed because I couldn't move. But I never lost consciousness.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=eightmenout

605386_1_display_image.jpg

He hit part of your nervous system that knocks out your motor functions, but you weren't knocked out? That's so hilarious I don't know where to begin. if you weren't knocked out, Steve, you did a helluva job selling it to the rest of us.

Wow.

Basically; "I wasn't knocked out, I was just unconscious after getting hit by a freight train of a right hand and my eyes closed".

Haha. Well, that makes sense

Later in that interview he said getting wrecked in the face was just part of his rope-a-dope tactic. Ref screwed him.

Lmfao, o rly...That punch definitely scrambled something for Steve to think that.

Someone should amend the record to say TKO (Paralysis)

Probably my favorite fight of all time

Haha, bet you were just waiting for a thread like this to pop up!

Back