Funny quote from Steve Nelmark about being knocked out by Tank Abbott

Lots of guys have been knocked out have been "aware" of it and feel like they can't move their body. That's all he's saying.

You're all over-reacting like a bunch of girls.

Dim Mak center line theory of strikes. CCW guy Massad Ayoob talks about it as well.

weird because john matua said the same thing!!

A0E66F715D3441A7853F193B88862CEA.jpg

;)
Dabbed before it was cool (well it was never cool).

When I landed on my head when attempting a dive in the beach, that was what happened. I lost all movement from neck below, but I was conscious. After ~10 seconds, I was able to move again.

I remember Nelmark's head shaking violently during the knockout. That may have affected his cervical spine in some way. That's why he looked like a rag doll after the KO. Now I understand.

That's what happened to me, with the difference that I had to go under neck surgery twice to repair a torn cervical ligament. The same could have happened to Nelmark, and probably would have ended his fighting career.

Risky sport.

You know that an organization is in trouble when Tank Abbot is the star. The way they hyped that guy is ridiculous. Sure he had power but any decent boxer or kickboxer would have taken him out of there. I wish some K1 guys went in there and knocked his block off but I suppose the UFC wasn't worth doing at the time.

Dude at the time they took anyone willing. Nobody had records really or maybe just a couple fights so they went by what they saw. Tank lost a lot of fights but he knocked out the dudes who didnt belong.

Reminds me of Ranger Stott being knocked out by Mark Kerr in 10 seconds, then complaining his “armadillo defense” was just kicking in.

He was the butt of many jokes on this site for years.

Oh lord if there is one indisputable fact on this hotly debated forum it’s that Gumby Nelmark got knocked the fuck out.

Tank almost fought Sakuraba in the HW finals of UFC Japan, which 185lb Saku won. Tank is a legend who was 30 when he entered MMA. Lot's of old timers entered MMA late.

You know that an organization is in trouble when Tank Abbot is the star. The way they hyped that guy is ridiculous. Sure he had power but any decent boxer or kickboxer would have taken him out of there. I wish some K1 guys went in there and knocked his block off but I suppose the UFC wasn't worth doing at the time.

AkgGL18.gif

Anybody who lost to Tank Abbot should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm sure you would've beaten a 1996 Tank Abbott...even if you were pooping in your diapers back then. Only a few guys could beat Tank (or were even willing to step in a cage with him) back then. But now we have geniuses who analyze mid-1990s NHB by modern MMA standards...and assume all fighters in 1995 had access to 2018 cross-training and coaches. In reality, they trained in old gyms and martial arts schools and were the pioneers--they were just figuring it out as they went along.

If you look at Steve Nelmark's wiki page, you'll see that his name has become a verb. The guy was 2-1 (finishing both fights he won) but is only remembered for being a deathly looking KO victim.

Back