Full comprehensive breakdown of Conor sparring IBF boxing champ! Find out if Conor's boxing holds up

1Fzyo5S.gif

Oh, this is that lunatic that was obsessed with Conor. Boxingislife? Was that his name?

I looked at the TS's username and automatically didn't read. Then I saw someone quoted a section where the TS said Conor has the best boxing in MMA and I wasn't surprised, moth.... yeah.

Nate was literally 2 weight classes bigger.
TS claims sherdoggers don't know what they're watching, meanwhile can't read a scale or even understand weights announced in English.

I noticed you said "beautiful" over a dozen times, and have no idea what you're talking about...We know it's you Edmund.

Multiple trolls running around in this shitty thread.

I was surprised the most by Diaz. He didn't have much footwork or defense.

he was sparring a real stud

If nothing else, Diaz bros are not fucking around when they talk about all of the hammers they train with.

Also what really hurt Conor against Nate is that Conor kept stubbornly trying to make his stupid uppercut KO prediction come true. This is why Conor didnt fight like Conor IMO

Its in fact how Nate even rocked Conor. He catches Conor as Conor tries to counter with uppercut.

It was sticking to that uppercut prediction that hurt Conor too

Conor also couldve used jab more offensively to keep Nate off set, interrupt Nate's pitter patter, cover distance etc

But mark my words Conor is going to school Nate in the rematch.

- lateral movement. walking a frustarted Nate into shots

- Turning Nate with shots/ pivoting out

- this time when slipping and countering Conor will instead slip jabs and counter to the body with soul crunching right hooks and left straights to the body. Nate will gass out this time

- Conor will use jab more offensively. Will also use to set up left straights to the body

- Conor will switch his speeds and fight with broken rythyem this time to throw off Nate's timing

- more oblique kicks

- Conor being much more economical with his left straights up top. Making each one count and land flush

Conor is going to drop Nate a record number of times and school Nate in one of the most horrifically one sided decision losses in UFC history

Also what really hurt Conor against Nate is that Conor kept stubbornly trying to make his stupid uppercut KO prediction come true. This is why Conor didnt fight like Conor IMO

Its in fact how Nate even rocked Conor. He catches Conor as Conor tries to counter with uppercut.

It was sticking to that uppercut prediction that hurt Conor too

Conor also couldve used jab more offensively to keep Nate off set, interrupt Nate's pitter patter, cover distance etc

But mark my words Conor is going to school Nate in the rematch.

- lateral movement. walking a frustarted Nate into shots

- Turning Nate with shots/ pivoting out

- this time when slipping and countering Conor will instead slip jabs and counter to the body with soul crunching right hooks and left straights to the body. Nate will gass out this time

- Conor will use jab more offensively. Will also use to set up left straights to the body

- Conor will switch his speeds and fight with broken rythyem this time to throw off Nate's timing

- more oblique kicks

- Conor being much more economical with his left straights up top. Making each one count and land flush

Conor is going to drop Nate a record number of times and school Nate in one of the most horrifically one sided decision losses in UFC history

He's going to use more lateral movement, turn him, etc. and use more oblique kicks?

he was sparring a real stud

If nothing else, Diaz bros are not fucking around when they talk about all of the hammers they train with.

Compared to Silva and Conor, Diaz defense looked kinda of awkward and the footwork wasn't as loose like Silva's and Conor. Maybe it was because Henry threw him off. But I like Diaz's hands, they looked legit fast and he knows how to use his reach.

I don't know much about boxing :p just my 2 cents lol

*Conor getting tagged clean while having zero footwork and being late with his counters*
"omg you guys just watch how Conor slips the punches and counters perfectly with his left!!"

I mean, sure, you are clearly objectively judging Conor's boxing skills. It's not like your username screams nuthugger. Not gonna even start with the bs you wrote...

that guy was never an IBF champ

it's like saying someone who won some trinket at a local tournament is an MMA champ

Van Heerden discussing the sparring session, seemed less than impressed:
"His boxing is really not bad."
"I'd say he needs work on his footwork."
"he will give a few boxers out there a really good go."
"Maybe I did expect a little more power."
Why do you have no shame?

Those quotes are absolutely false

Here are the real quotes from Conor's sparring partner

" Conor has got a beautiful counter left"

"And his shoulder roll"

"Conor's timing, precision is beautiful"

"Conor defense is good. Its not bad at all"

His sparring partner would have been going 50% at best. Fucking hilarious that you think you can break down this sparring session with any amount of depth. Conor would have been murked if the footage was anything but a publicity stunt.

The people who say they know for sure whether or not either man was trying 50%, 100% or whatever are just as ridiculous as the people making a big deal out of what happened in a 2 minute sparring clip.

He's going to use more lateral movement, turn him, etc. and use more oblique kicks?
Yep. Conor actually landed a really brutal looking oblique kick in the first fight too. I expect more of that as Nate chases Conor.

Also when Conor slips jabs from Nate, this time hes countering to the body off the slips. Its going to be Nate who gasses out.

To the Conor haters,

Not speaking to you: )

Those people should really enjoy the time they have left until the rematch because balance will be restored. Cherish Conor's loss, the one time you finally got picked a Conor fight right, because Conor is geting it back brutally. Cheers

*Conor getting tagged clean while having zero footwork and being late with his counters*
"omg you guys just watch how Conor slips the punches and counters perfectly with his left!!"

I mean, sure, you are clearly objectively judging Conor's boxing skills. It's not like your username screams nuthugger. Not gonna even start with the bs you wrote...
Delusional. Youre the sterotypical newb MMA fan who I made this thread for. Go read the OP clown

Compared to Silva and Conor, Diaz defense looked kinda of awkward and the footwork wasn't as loose like Silva's and Conor. Maybe it was because Henry threw him off. But I like Diaz's hands, they looked legit fast and he knows how to use his reach.

I don't know much about boxing :p just my 2 cents lol

well then it's time for sweet science class then yung one:D lol

boxing footwork tends to be more reserved and economical, due to the smaller ring and the extra rounds, notice how he maintains center of the ring albeit against a midget

Conor and Anderson's TKD footwork is great in the octagon and in general just more aesthetically appealing imo. But it gets them in trouble in the ring where they only have so much room to work. For Conor it's a bit less obvious but you seem him get tagged the most cleanly while he's bouncing about the ring.

A lot of MMA fans dont know boxing. This ignorance has lead to posts like:

"Conor has bad boxing, bad defense, stuck in the mud" - what ever they can come up with.

Hopefully this thread educates the common MMA fan and we can get to the bottom of the truth!

I have decided to do a complete and thorough breakdown of every exchange during this fun sparring session, so MMA fans can go back, rewind, and better understand what was going on. Also to satisfy those who want that deeper understanding of what they were watching. The sparring was in good fun, this breakdown is in good fun:)

Its a very long read because im breakding down every moment. Trust me. Im covering it all

Just want to pre-face with this. Very rarely will we ever get to see a champion level MMA striker sparring with a championship level boxer on video. Very..very cool to see. I mean theres video of Anderson Silva sparring at Wild card and geting schooled by some no name amature. It really put to light how insanely over-rated Anderson was as an "MMA boxer" by fanboys, but sadly it left a stigma that MMA fighters cant box. Its awesome to see Conor come in with legit boxing skill and actually prove that wrong. Its great to see Conor undo the damage Anderson did.

And yet both men have trained at Freddie Roach's gyms. Freddie says that Anderson is the best MMA boxer period. He also says that Conor struggles.

Who do I listen to: Freddie Roach? or Random can on Sherdog? Freddie Roach? Coach of Manny Pacquiao or Random Can on Sherdog?

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I could highlight why Conor has great boxing in a fraction of the time without trashing other fighters or embarrassing myself with a lack of any boxing knowledge.

I dont care who you think you are. You cant watch a 2 min video on a computerscreen and do a solid breakdown of the sparring.
did you read the OP? I said numerous times how it was all in good fun and how its fun to discuss. I mean, after all, by the same logic how can Conor sherdog haters say Conor looked bad by the 2minute sparring then? I debunked that with facts. Nothing more. But still, all in all, this thread was in good fun

Yep. Conor actually landed a really brutal looking oblique kick in the first fight too. I expect more of that as Nate chases Conor.

Also when Conor slips jabs from Nate, this time hes countering to the body off the slips. Its going to be Nate who gasses out.

To the Conor haters,

Not speaking to you: )

Those people should really enjoy the time they have left until the rematch because balance will be restored. Cherish Conor's loss, the one time you finally got picked a Conor fight right, because Conor is geting it back brutally. Cheers

i mean they don't really go hand in hand well i guess they could but... w/e i'm going to bed

don't be getting yourself banned now

Back