FS1 numbers up for saturday's show (main & Pre-lim)

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
From Meltzers site:
Here’s a note from Paul Fontaine on last weekend’s UFC ratings: “Saturday's UFC show on FS1, which was heavily promoted during the FOX NFL games, did the promotion's best ratings on FS1 since February 2016. The four fight main card averaged 1.285 million viewers while the prelims, which featured no big names, did an average of 1.079 million. Those numbers were up 18 percent and 25 percent over the show on the same weekend last year. This would likely be due to the star power of Paige VanZant, who was the only fighter on the card with a history of being a TV ratings draw. The last time she was in a co-main event position on a TV card was a FOX show in December 2016 that did 3.178 million viewers.”

@DezWalker

Sunday show. Maybe they should switch to Sundays and follow the football games regularly.

Card had 4 WMMA fights. WMMA drawing power confirmed.

In all seriousness I think PVZ draws good numbers as a name, and probably Choi brought some views too. Also, the promotion during NFL playoffs likely helped a bunch.

Sunday show. Maybe they should switch to Sundays and follow the football games regularly.

Prob is there is usually a Sun evening game, but because of playoffs there was none Sun night

Sunday show would be cool from time to time. Just start an hr earlier

It was Choi. I was on several live fight night podcast on youtube, and the Korean/Asian community were all over the chats.

So... don't under-estimate the number of FanZants !!!
<Moves>

It has nothing to do with anyone on the card and all to do with the fact it followed the NFL playoffs. People, by that time, are buzzed up, in for the night and channel flipping. Whenever you combine beer, men and Sundays together, fights will always seem attractive while channel flipping. It was no coincidence that the highest FS1 show ever, Conor Siver, was in this same eact time slot.

So over 1 million viewers is a draw? Or, maybe it's because it was on a Sunday night, after the games.

{<huh}

You jump to that conclusion?

Maybe, just maybe, the numbers are up because the preceeding football game was super competitive right up until the end? Last year's UFC event went head-to-head with the Steelers-Chiefs playoff game, whereas this year it was up against the Golden Globes?

Or we can just go ahead and assume that PVZ in a co-main loss really is a huge draw. Yeah, you go ahead and run with that.
<Huh2>

Try reading again & comprehend where you might have went wrong

{<huh}

You jump to that conclusion?

Maybe, just maybe, the numbers are up because the preceeding football game was super competitive right up until the end? Whereas last years UFC event went head-to-head with the Steelers-Chiefs playoff game.

Or we can just go ahead and assume that PVZ in a co-main loss really is a huge draw. Yeah, you go ahead and run with that.
<Huh2>
It is the promotion during the widely watched game with insane ending but PVZ being a draw is way more believable than the people saying "It's Doo ho Choi". LOL those comments and that statement mad me laugh and I'm a fan of Choi's and not PVZ's.

I have a hard time believing EITHER are a draw. Sure casuals might watch a PVZ fight, but they're not sitting through a whole card to see her in the CO-main against someone even less well known, all to be headlined by a fight that only hardcores would even care about.

You don't understand
The numbers are not who watched the whole broadcast. That is why they used "average"
They are the average for the broadcast

EX: If a 60 minute show does a 1m average
They can have quarters of 2m, 1m, 600k & 400k
Until the Q's come out, we don't know
So any fighter (including PVZ) could have drawn a lot more for their fight then the averaged 1.285 million viewers
She done it in the past. so someone who follows these things referencing it could be a bump due to her addition is not far-fetched

EDIT: what I just wrote above is how WWE spins numbers. They can average 3m for 3hrs of RAW, but say "Over 5m watched RAW" because 5m different people figured in the tally, but 1m could have just watched 5-10 minutes

Last edited:
Back