FS1 numbers up for saturday's show (main & Pre-lim)

Obviously the NFL promotion helped but I'm sure showing highlights of a pretty girl and not necessarily saying exactly when she was going to fight might draw in some casuals.

She, and Sage as much as people here would hate to admit, are proven television draws. There's a reason why UFC puts her in high profile matches on big cards ahead of other fighters who probably "deserve" the spot more.

And it's not like the show was on the same station directly after the NFL. It was on a cable station that people would have to switch to and if they weren't interested in the card they could just as easily switch to something else.

Whatever the reason it's a good sign for UFC as they are in contract negotations that their numbers are up so much year over for the first show of the year and almost at what they were two years for a show that featured a title fight and a lot bigger names.

Obviously the NFL promotion helped but I'm sure showing highlights of a pretty girl and not necessarily saying exactly when she was going to fight might draw in some casuals.

She, and Sage as much as people here would hate to admit, are proven television draws. There's a reason why UFC puts her in high profile matches on big cards ahead of other fighters who probably "deserve" the spot more.

And it's not like the show was on the same station directly after the NFL. It was on a cable station that people would have to switch to and if they weren't interested in the card they could just as easily switch to something else.

Whatever the reason it's a good sign for UFC as they are in contract negotations that their numbers are up so much year over for the first show of the year and almost at what they were two years for a show that featured a title fight and a lot bigger names.

Oh yeah?
WTF do you know?
;)

Makes sense because there was nothing good on sunday night, I was searching for something to watch while waiting for the UFC to start and there was nothing interesting.

You don't understand
EX: If a 60 minute show does a 1m average
They can have quarters of 2m, 1m, 600k & 400k
Until the Q's come out, we don't know
estimated time of UFC Fight Night 124 quarters?
hours, days, weeks?

edit:
For example UFC fight Night 114

"When it comes to the television viewership for the fight card, the preliminary card on FS1 (8p-10p ET) came in with 633,000 viewers and the main card on FS1 (10p-1a ET) delivered 859,000 viewers according to Nielson. The peak viewership of the fight card came during the 12:00-12:15 a.m. ET quarter-hour (Alexa Grasso vs. Randa Markos) with 988,000 viewers and the post fight show drew 327,000 viewers."

After this i can see people tuned in for beautiful Alexa Grasso not Pettis fight

To be honest i was one of this guys <45>
Turned TV off after Grasso

Last edited:
For those curious, it was a combo of the main & PVZ that drew
The main had the highest viewership, but the show as a whole had a lot higher than normal females including a large female teen audience

Prob is there is usually a Sun evening game, but because of playoffs there was none Sun night
Because the Patriots were Saturday night
1. Dana is a Patriots fan
2. UFC can't compete with NFL at night

Back