From may 20, 2006 to dec 12, 2015. Nearly a DECADE undefeated in the toughest sport on the planet

Aldo is a good example of the saying «if it aint broke, dont fix it». Too bad the game passed him by while he was sharpening hes same ol tool box over and over again.

But Mike Perry, Conor McGregor & Joe Duffy were too busy focused on boxing in those years.

Aldo is a good example of the saying «if it aint broke, dont fix it». Too bad the game passed him by while he was sharpening hes same ol tool box over and over again.

The problem often becomes what happens when the challenges your facing suddenly shift and your ever narrower game doesn't have the tools needed for them anymore. Aldo I think became too focused on shutting down and outworking wrestlers like Mendes and Edgar and lost what really finishing threat he had.

Jose Aldo was the greatest fighter during that period, but, maybe, after USADA, plus he was getting old, there have been better fighters now in his division. Compared to Jose, I think Demetrious Johnson was and is still the greatest fighter with 11 consecutive title defenses.

That was a nice ko. Too bad he didn´t go a decade undefeated after that. In fact he lost his very next fight against a guy on short notice who was on vacation drinking tequila and tkoed him on the feet, turned him into a panic wrestler and choked him the fuck out..... and then he was barely able to squeak out a decision after running away for 5 rounds after being gifted an immediate rematch.
source.gif

Not most. Only the retarded ones.
That's what the current "as good as your last" attitude will regurgitate every time.

Aldo has had an a fantastic career overall.

The problem often becomes what happens when the challenges your facing suddenly shift and your ever narrower game doesn't have the tools needed for them anymore. Aldo I think became too focused on shutting down and outworking wrestlers like Mendes and Edgar and lost what really finishing threat he had.
Aldos lack of finishing threat stems from opponents geting better and him not improving imo. Its not like Aldo got worse or didnt want to finish, a lot of hes game that lead to him finishing got shut down long before he started loosing, and he was OK with not finishing as long as he won. The Max fight is a god example of how Maxs adjustments shuts hes leg kick game down and Aldo have no answear to work around Maxs adjustments.

One of the youngest champions ever, getting within just a few defenses of the all-time record while going against one of the strongest strengths of schedule ever. Not one gimme fight in his entire reign, not even Silva or Jones can claim that much.
Mark Hominick and Manvel?

Jesus Christ, Aldo was roided to the tits in that first photo. Look at his jaw.

when was Aldo ever considered #1 p4p?? When did he ever surpass Silva, Jones, GSP or Fedor? What year or month are we talking here.
When Silva and Fedor had long since lost, GSP was still out and Jones was suspended post UFC 186. Aldo was ranked #1 P4P at that time.

He's Top 5 ATG no doubt.

I have never understood the hate he has gotten and still gets.

He was a can crusher in a time where there were no 145s or money in that division. He's still in his prime now, just exposed.

The dude is such a klutz, he spilled his own urine sample.

It’s been an absolute pleasure watching Aldo from his start from the WEC become one of the greatest fighters ever. I still remember thinking Faber was going to be a tough fight for him, that was the fight I became a major fan of his.

Either you are an idiot or bad troll job.

Conor can last how many rounds with the "best boxer"? Floyd wouldn't last one round in mma against even mid tier UFC fighter.
I guess I'm an idiot because boxers have infinitely better conditioning and cardio than MMA fighters. Most MMA fighters won't last 4 rounds in a pro boxing match without looking like they are dying. Oh wait, you just provided a perfect example of this.

Boxing is more taxing and grueling.

I guess I'm an idiot because boxers have infinitely better conditioning and cardio than MMA fighters. Most MMA fighters won't last 4 rounds in a pro boxing match without looking like they are dying. Oh wait, you just provided a perfect example of this.

Boxing is more taxing and grueling.

Conor gassed himself trying to KO Floyd and make the world go crazy.

He wanted a rematch.

If he sat back and played defense like Floyd and hid behind the shitty rules then he would have a shot.

Floyd is the best at cheating a shitty rule system.

Conor gassed himself trying to KO Floyd and make the world go crazy.

He wanted a rematch.

If he sat back and played defense like Floyd and hid behind the shitty rules then he would have a shot.

Floyd is the best at cheating a shitty rule system.
And you just tried to call ME a troll?

FOH sir. This is shit posting at its worst.

Back