Freddie Roach had it 7 to 5 for GGG.

So he agrees it was a close fight. Good.

I thought it was 8-4 but some rounds were so close that 7-5 is entirely reasonable.

Has anyone tried to legitimately defend that she wasn't?

I think Bennett did, but I'm pretty sure he did it with full knowledge that the NSAC is pretty much untouchable and therefore can claim whatever they want.

Has anyone tried to legitimately defend that she wasn't?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I had it the same as Adelaide Byrd. Excellent card.</p>&mdash; CJ Ross (@CJRossJudge) <a href="">September 17, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I think Bennett did, but I'm pretty sure he did it with full knowledge that the NSAC is pretty much untouchable and therefore can claim whatever they want.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I had it the same as Adelaide Byrd. Excellent card.</p>&mdash; CJ Ross (@CJRossJudge) <a href="">September 17, 2017</a></blockquote>

Ugh that sucks. Byrd at least has the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the viewing angle. I know some people here only gave Golovkin 2 rounds, too, but I really can't justify that at all.

That said, it seems like the people defending the 118-110 card are the splinter-thin minority and it's not a particularly interesting debate to have. Arguing against that card is like arguing against Flat Earth theory. It doesn't even deserve acknowledgement, let alone serious discussion. In my opinion, anyway.

I wasn't taking a side shot at you, it was a genuine question. And from what I can tell, a legitimate one if only the NSAC director and CJ f***ing Ross are the ones trying. And from what I read, Bennet didn't defend her card. He said outright she had a bad night.

There might be more, but it's a virtually inaudible minority. As well it should be, too. That card sucked.

Oh fuck you and that Twitter account.

*stomps away*

<3>

Back