Frankie says a win over Aldo means alot more than beating Conor

I think Edgar could beat Connor, but let's not forget that Connor has been crushing people at 145........

so becoming champion doesnt mean much to him then?

I was expecting a totally different reaction in this thread. The posts seem to say Conor was nothing more than just a mid-tier fighter created by Zuffa hype and just got lucky against Aldo. It is amazing what just one fight does for a fighter's rep around here.

Aldo, Edgar, and Conor are all great featherweights.

Conor is a monster at 145. I have no doubt he would knock Frankie out cold.

Conor is a monster at 145. I have no doubt he would knock Frankie out cold.

Edgar hasn't changed or evolved much with his striking so I would favor Conor in the standup.

Edgar doesn't really have that many SUB wins either as far that I can recall.

The bank account disagrees
What does that matter? No one worried about bank accounts or ppv points or viewers till Conor started bragging about it. What are you guys, his parrots?

Sure, that's a fair argument. My comment was phrased that way only to highlight how inane it is for TS to suggest that Aldo is a huge win at FW for Frankie but not for McGregor.
It is a huge win for Conor as well, just the way he did it leaves a ? If he is actually better than Aldo(Wiedman vs Andy) or was Conor just lucky(Cain vs JDS). It will always be in ? Unless they fight again

It is a huge win for Conor as well, just the way he did it leaves a ? If he is actually better than Aldo(Wiedman vs Andy) or was Conor just lucky(Cain vs JDS). It will always be in ? Unless they fight again

KOing a guy by being better technically doesn't leave a question. It's not as if McGregor was throwing wild, looping haymakers. It was a short, crisp, well-placed counter.

One fight never answers whether one fighter is better than another. The most it can tell you is which fighter did better that night.

What does that matter? No one worried about bank accounts or ppv points or viewers till Conor started bragging about it. What are you guys, his parrots?
It was a joke fuckhead

Edgar hasn't changed or evolved much with his striking so I would favor Conor in the standup.

Edgar doesn't really have that many SUB wins either as far that I can recall.

I agree.

Nate rolled with Conor's punches very well and used his length and size to stay just out of range. Frankie doesn't really box like that and he will have a substantial size disadvantage.

I was expecting a totally different reaction in this thread. The posts seem to say Conor was nothing more than just a mid-tier fighter created by Zuffa hype and just got lucky against Aldo. It is amazing what just one fight does for a fighter's rep around here.

Aldo, Edgar, and Conor are all great featherweights.

People were waiting for years for Conor to lose. It's actually really pathetic. So now that he has all the virgins are creaming their pants.

"Lucky punch".

Is that you Aldo? Let it go man.

I know it was like a once in a 100 years comet....

WTF.

I bet this fight does mean more to Frankie. Aldo beat him twice so...makes sense.

Did anybody else catch the article where Frankie said HE is going to be the 2 division champ?

LOL...surebro

Last edited:
KOing a guy by being better technically doesn't leave a question. It's not as if McGregor was throwing wild, looping haymakers. It was a short, crisp, well-placed counter.

One fight never answers whether one fighter is better than another. The most it can tell you is which fighter did better that night.
Was he technically better or did he just guess right? It was 13 sec, one exchange. It was a beautiful counter, but easily questionable.

Disagree. Conor is the champ and the man who beat 'the man' at 145 lbs. I think Conor would be a bigger win right now.

As it should. Not sure why beating a one dimensional guy who talks too much would mean more to him than Aldo. Frankie knows Conor's been ducking him. Aldo is a true legend. Conor knows his chicken legs wouldn't survive in a real fight against Aldo.
Conor and Aldo already had a real fight. You may have missed it though, it was over quickly.

Aldo was winning against Conor until that punch landed.
Aldo was moving forward and being the aggressor.

Disagree. Conor is the champ and the man who beat 'the man' at 145 lbs. I think Conor would be a bigger win right now.

I sort of agree, but maybe Frankie is looking at it from the perspective of avenging a loss. If that's what matters to him more than a divisional title then it could be more important to him to beat Aldo than Conor.

Was he technically better or did he just guess right? It was 13 sec, one exchange. It was a beautiful counter, but easily questionable.

Jose threw a wild punch. McGregor threw a beautiful counter. Fin.

If by questionable you mean the next fight might go differently, well that would be possible even if the first were a five round domination.

What kind of BS shilling is this? Connor is the champ, like him or not. Aldo looked different last fight, even before the fight during the Buffer announcement he looked like a weirdo. I think Frankie blows Aldo out of the water this time.

Back