Frankie says a win over Aldo means alot more than beating Conor

Of course it is. Aldo has had a much better career and fought way better guys. he was champ for 10 years. Conor doesnt even have 1 title defense.

It means a lot less money is what it means.

Typical Conor nuthugger reply. Not focusing on a fighters overall MMA skill but how many casuals will tune in to watch. I guarantee you that any current A list celebrity would outsell Conor in PPV...does that mean the celebrity is a better fighter?

I suspect you would think the celebrity is the better fighter because of PPV numbers so nevermind.

Frankie's a company man saying what he supposed to say and promoting his fight

If he'd have told the truth I'm sure more talk about Conor and how Conor isn't on the card would had gone down well with the bosses.

Typical Conor nuthugger reply. Not focusing on a fighters overall MMA skill but how many casuals will tune in to watch. I guarantee you that any current A list celebrity would outsell Conor in PPV...does that mean the celebrity is a better fighter?

I suspect you would think the celebrity is the better fighter because of PPV numbers so nevermind.
Oh common don't be like that lol, you can't tell me it wouldn't be entertaining to watch Frankie beat the hell of Conor

I would agree that Aldo vs Edgar is a much more meaningful fight than any fight that has Conor in it. Frankie knows that beating Aldo would be a bigger win for his career than beating Conor. The top two guys are Aldo and Edgar.

As Conor is the flash in the pan with a lucky punch. Conor is like the Bret Rogers who beat Arlovski,the Matt Serra who beat GSP as neither of which were ever able to repeat their performances as so it will be all down hill for Conor.
I guess Frankie won't be upset then if he loses to Conor. He's already got the bigger win in the bag.

But if Aldo wins it will be hard to downplay that he is still the best ever.
If Conor never fights at 145 lbs, that might already be true. Otherwise, he would need to beat Conor for the #1 spot in the division. His legacy is almost impossible to beat though.

But if Aldo wins it will be hard to downplay that he is still the best ever.

I think he remains the best ever FW even if he loses. If you mean the best ever regardless of weight class, I respectfully disagree.

Oh common don't be like that lol, you can't tell me it wouldn't be entertaining to watch Frankie beat the hell of Conor

I want to see Aldo vs Conor rematch before Conor runs and hides again with the belt or before Conor mysteriously retires again if Aldo beats Edgar.

Johnny Depp > Conor McGregor. Depp would sell more PPV so he must be a better fighter.

LOL just because it's true doesn't mean Edgar doesn't sound salty by saying it.

Avenging a loss for the title* will sooth some of the pain, I'm sure. But I'm sure he'd rather beat Conor for the real belt and a big payday.

Frankie would murk Conor. He's promoting his fight and directing attention away from MCG as a company man should right now. Conor has nothing for Frankie no one finishes or out paces him. He would absolutely dismantle Conor. Aldo beats Frankie again way before Conor does. Conor won't even fight him unless forced to defend a title which he would vacate. Always ducking him. If they fought though that's a nightmare matchup for him.

Aldo is still a world class killer until proven otherwise which requires we see him actually fight. Getting knocked out in a flash ko doesn't mean you lost the skills that got you to where you were. Frankie is probably genuinely more worried about how he will beat him than how he would beat Conor. That game plan would be a given for him as opposed to someone complete like Jose Jr

LOL just because it's true doesn't mean Edgar doesn't sound salty by saying it.

Avenging a loss for the title* will sooth some of the pain, I'm sure. But I'm sure he'd rather beat Conor for the real belt and a big payday.
Edgar said he only cared about the belt, but he was awful upset when he missed out on a non-title fight vs Conor at 196.

Seems like alot of folks think that Edgar has this won already. Aldo is impossible to TD. Tough fight...again

Because taking BJs lw belt is a way bigger win, especially since nobody gave him a chance

Sure, that's a fair argument. My comment was phrased that way only to highlight how inane it is for TS to suggest that Aldo is a huge win at FW for Frankie but not for McGregor.

Back