Frankie Edgar

Whether or not fighters exist with a better chin is irrelevant to the conversation of if Frankie has one of the best chins? Wow. Just wow.

Keep desperately clinging to your "FW ko artist" straw man fallacy. You refuse to operate under the basic rules of logic. You are too stupid to admit when you are wrong and keep regurgitating your one straw man over and over. It's all you got left.
Do you want me to count the fighters who have better chin than Frankie?

Hunt
Penn
Nelson
JDS
Diaz bros
DC
Sanchez
Leben
RDA
Condit
Barao
Hendo
Lineker

There it is.

Thought you said fighter with better chin than Frankie at FW

Do you want me to count the fighters who have better chin than Frankie?

Hunt
Penn
Nelson
JDS
Diaz bros
DC
Sanchez
Leben
RDA
Condit
Barao
Hendo
Lineker

There it is.

Thought you said fighter with better chin than Frankie at FW
The only fighters on that list that haven't been finished with strikes are Lineker, and Condit. Most of those fighters have been ko'd more than once lol. Condit's chins rank right up there with Frankie's as all time greats and lineker hasn't been through enough wars yet to prove any sort of longevity.

You can't even name fighters close to his weight without naming fighters that have been finished multiple times with strikes. Frankie has been outsized, fighting much better competition, with more time in the cage than all those guys. His chin belongs near the top of that list.

And yes, I said in his weight classes (shouldn't have to repeat that over and over and over) but you jumped on the one time I didn't clarify and still came up with a weak ass argument. You just named your top chins ever these guys have been finished with strikes:
Leben 4 times
Hunt 4 times
Penn 4 times
JDS 3 times
RDA 3 times
Hendo 3 times
Nelson 2 times
Barao 2 times
Diaz bros, DC, and Sanchez are tied with Frankie at once.

All these guys with supposedly iron chins weren't able to absorb as much damage as Edgar without going down. Face it, Frankie's chin is legendary and you are a hindsight 20/20 revisionist history know it all hipster.

Why do Hunt, Leben, and Hendo get the benefit of the doubt after getting flatlined over and over, but Frankie doesn't after getting finished once.

Frankie has the all time record for time in the cage without being finished. He is literally ranked number 1 for longest time in the premier organization without getting ko'd. If his chin isn't an all time great, how did he outlast everyone else? Face it, no matter how bad you want to be right, your not and the more you argue the more ignorant you prove yourself to be.

You can't even name fighters close to his weight without naming fighters that have been finished multiple times with strikes. Frankie has been outsized, fighting much better competition, with more time in the cage than all those guys. His chin belongs near the top of that list.
Aldo's and Holloway's chin is better than Edgar

The only fighters on that list that haven't been finished with strikes are Lineker, and Condit. Most of those fighters have been ko'd more than once lol. Condit's chins rank right up there with Frankie's as all time greats and lineker hasn't been through enough wars yet to prove any sort of longevity.

And yes, I said in his weight classes (shouldn't have to repeat that over and over and over) but you jumped on the one time I didn't clarify and still came up with a weak ass argument. You just named your top chins ever these guys have been finished with strikes:
Leben 4 times
Hunt 4 times
Penn 4 times
JDS 3 times
RDA 3 times
Hendo 3 times
Nelson 2 times
Barao 2 times
Diaz bros, DC, and Sanchez are tied with Frankie at once.

All these guys with supposedly iron chins weren't able to absorb as much damage as Edgar without going down. Face it, Frankie's chin is legendary and you are a hindsight 20/20 revisionist history know it all hipster.

Why do Hunt, Leben, and Hendo get the benefit of the doubt after getting flatlined over and over, but Frankie doesn't after getting finished once.

Frankie has the all time record for time in the cage without being finished. He is literally ranked number 1 for longest time in the premier organization without getting ko'd. If his chin isn't an all time great, how did he outlast everyone else? Face it, no matter how bad you want to be right, your not and the more you argue the more ignorant you prove yourself to be.
Course they got finished more than Edgar because most of them fought heavy hitters unlike Edgar or got finished by knee or elbow my spastic friend.What a load of bollocks.

I’m just surprised he wants the quick turn around against cub. Little too gain other than to see if Frankie still has what it takes. It’s not cub isn’t dangerous either , this could go south quickly. Having said that I think Frankie smashes him up again

Aldo's and Holloway's chin is better than Edgar

Course they got finished more than Edgar because most of them fought heavy hitters unlike Edgar or got finished by knee or elbow my spastic friend.What a load of bollocks.
It's like you've never watched Frankie fight. Stephens, Aldo, Penn, Mendes, Swanson, Yair are all heavy, heavy hitters. Aldo and Yair have probably the heaviest kicks and knees in the history of the division. The one time Frankie was finished was an elbow right to the temple after being in the cage longer than anyone, in any division, in history, ever.

You act like Frankie is some Mayweather type defensive wizard who never gets hit. He has been tagged clean by the heaviest hitters in the division and his chin has held up in every fight besides 1.

Seriously bro, what are you smoking? You claim Conor and Stephens are the only heavy hitters lol? Ok, well he fought one of them, ate every power shot he landed and was only noticeably hurt by one kick right to the fucking chin and he recovered instantly. Frankie has campaigned for the McGregor fight multiple times and Conor did what Conor does, duck relevant contenders as soon as he grabs a belt.

The numbers don't lie.

You can only name two fighters with a better chin in his division, one of them got ko'd in 13 seconds.

Are we done here?
You asked,i answered.

Also doesn't matter if he got KO'd in 13 seconds.It was a perfect punch to the chin.

It's like you've never watched Frankie fight. Stephens, Aldo, Penn, Mendes, Swanson, Yair are all heavy, heavy hitters. Aldo and Yair have probably the heaviest kicks and knees in the history of the division. The one time Frankie was finished was an elbow right to the temple after being in the cage longer than anyone, in any division, in history, ever.

You act like Frankie is some Mayweather type defensive wizard who never gets hit. He has been tagged clean by the heaviest hitters in the division and his chin has held up in every fight besides 1.

Seriously bro, what are you smoking? You claim Conor and Stephens are the only heavy hitters lol? Ok, well he fought one of them, ate every power shot he landed and was only noticeably hurt by one kick right to the fucking chin and he recovered instantly. Frankie has campaigned for the McGregor fight multiple times and Conor did what Conor does, duck relevant contenders as soon as he grabs a belt.

The numbers don't lie.
Agree to disagree at this point.We aren't gonna agree with each other

Is coming back too soon after a ko close

If he gets koed again which is likely against Swanson his chin will probably be tapped like Machida

Machida got tkoed bad by Luke and came back quick against Romero just to get koed again... chin is bad now
I think it is gone.

Those fights with Gray Maynard could have been stopped. Yeah he pushed through and eventually wore Maynard out but he took shit load of damage.

Ditto the Aldo fights and Jeremy fight(off the top of my head). And has absorbed so much damage that he is going to start getting ko'd more and more.

Ortega is good but also got Frankie at the right time IMO.

You asked,i answered.

Also doesn't matter if he got KO'd in 13 seconds.It was a perfect punch to the chin.
And Edgar got caught with a perfect elbow to the temple (according to you is more powerful) and then back to back uppercuts from hell on the chin to go down. Do you honestly think Aldo absorbed more kinetic energy to the dome in that one punch than Edgar took from the follow-up flurry Ortega threw after he was already rocked? I can go all day with brain dead little kids like you who think you know everything.

Yeah, I can't believe they are even sanctioning this fight. The Sherdog article actually got it right in saying ALL PARTIES are to blame here. Frankie, his team, UFC, Nevada, Jersey.smh. I like Frankie and almost forgot how much heart he has, but this fight is probably a money/pride fight and that usually isn't the best combination. I'd hate to see Cub knock him out for some reason.

And Edgar got caught with a perfect elbow to the temple (according to you is more powerful) and then back to back uppercuts from hell on the chin to go down. Do you honestly think Aldo absorbed more kinetic energy to the dome in that one punch than Edgar took from the follow-up flurry Ortega threw after he was already rocked? I can go all day with brain dead little kids like you who think you know everything.
I didn't say Frankie does have bad chin because of Ortega KO but he gets wobbled in fights you dumbass.

Lol you went from "Frankie doesn't have a chin" to "not saying his chin is bad". Besides Maynard who had him noticeably rocked? Maynard had at least 20 lbs on him in the cage and couldn't finish him in 9 rds. Maynard ended up getting knocked the fuck out.

Frankie has fought the top ten for like 10 plus years now. Stephens, Yair, Aldo, Mendes, Penn, and Swanson can all crack. Frankie also shrugged off an insane front kick right on the chin from pre usada Aldo. Go back and watch the first Aldo fight. Dudes chin is as legit as it gets.

Maynard dropped him like 6 total times, Stephens caught him with a foot/toes and dropped him, Swanson dropped him, Benson dropped him, and neither Maynard or Benson are known for 1 shot punching power.

His chin isn't some mythical thing but his recovery his some of the best that has ever been seen in competition in my opinion.

Lol you went from "Frankie doesn't have a chin" to "not saying his chin is bad". Besides Maynard who had him noticeably rocked? Maynard had at least 20 lbs on him in the cage and couldn't finish him in 9 rds. Maynard ended up getting knocked the fuck out.

Frankie has fought the top ten for like 10 plus years now. Stephens, Yair, Aldo, Mendes, Penn, and Swanson can all crack. Frankie also shrugged off an insane front kick right on the chin from pre usada Aldo. Go back and watch the first Aldo fight. Dudes chin is as legit as it gets.
Ate a pretty good headkick against Stephens too if I remember

Maybe to soon... maybe not. The guy is a fighter and has heart. Just know when to hang them up. Don't want to go out like Chuck Liddell.

Back