Frankie Edgar thinks DC will beat Stipe--New Roasted Podcast w/ Frankie Edgar

thanks for the interview TS .
I like both fighters but I'm a bigger fan of DC so I hope he beats Stipe it would be a great feather in his cap .
Thanks for listening. Hope you enjoyed the show.

There's similarities between Fankie and DC - both undersized, championship level wrestler/strikers with great fundamentals and outhustle everyone. But Stipe will be 5 inches taller and 25 lbs heavier would be like Edgar fighting Lawler. Gotta go with Miocic

It's great they made this fihht though respect to both really looking forward to this one
25 lbs heavier? Are you fucking stupid

I really don't see it happening. Stipe has a definite advantage in the standup with technique and reach and when you take into account that he's an adept wrestler himself, I don't see DC dominating him there. I definitely see DC being able to get him down but I am not convinced that Stipe will stay down. At the other end I believe Stipe will be able to put pressure on DC via boxing the entire match and I don't see DC being able to do anything against that. I'm not writing DC off entirely, it's still a close contest, but I got Stipe winning it. Either way, it's likely to be a good fight.

25 lbs heavier? Are you fucking stupid

Miocic (vs Ngannou) 246
DC (vs Nelson) 224
246 -224 = 22lbs
close enough

durr.gif

U

lol

Cormier will win and then set up Jones vs Cormier, Jones wins HW Title , Jones gets caught for another steroid im thinking DBOL and Cormier retires, Ngannou vs Stipe for vacant HW title, Ngannou gets revenge and KO's Stipe, Ngannou Pops for Estrogen Blocker
latest

Cormiers future at HW is

<DCrying>

suprising i woulda thought he'd pick Stipe
Naw, if you been around since at least the WEC days, then you remember him training at AKA briefly, and Josh Thompson plus Koscheck going out to Jersey to train with him for awhile after Maynard left AKA.

Any cliff notes on why he thinks that? I think Cormier could make it a close match but man, all those years Cormier has been slimming down to make 205, and now he looks to have leaned up and now he’s going back up to HW? You can’t put on all that weight so quickly and adjust to HW like that.

Well shit, not a lot of people opt out to go from 205 to HW so props to Cormier.
He says DC is too good everywhere, has speed plus cardio advantage, that his wrestling is next level and that fighting a bigger man is not new to DC.. thinks that is what DC uses to beat Stipe. Also says Khabib beats Ferguson.

DC has a very very solid chance of beating Miocic. my prediction; Stipe lays it on hard for 3 rounds whilst DC shows some dominance. DC excels in the grappling for the last two rounds. DC wins by decision.

Was gonna listen to the interview but I turned it off 10 seconds into that intro “song”

Miocic (vs Ngannou) 246
DC (vs Nelson) 224
246 -224 = 22lbs
close enough

durr.gif

U

lol
You must be new, both he and Nelson were talking about losing weight and fighting at 205 around then. DC was open about dropping weight so he could fight at 205 during that time.
-Josh Barnett 248 vs DC 238 more then 5 inches shorter then Josh
-Antonio Silva 264.5 vs DC 247 more then 5 inches shorter then Bigfoot
-22lbs isn't the 25lbs you claimed and if being technical, 22 isn't close as it would be rounded down to 20, while 23 and 24 would be rounded up to 25, if speaking mathematically, being you were trying to use "mma math" originally
-need I continue on?

Cormier will win and then set up Jones vs Cormier, Jones wins HW Title , Jones gets caught for another steroid im thinking DBOL and Cormier retires, Ngannou vs Stipe for vacant HW title, Ngannou gets revenge and KO's Stipe, Ngannou Pops for Estrogen Blocker

= Steroids owns

Why is he even talking?
Stipe with his eyes closed and one arm mauls Frankie.
Stick to your 100 title shots and figuring out how not to get subb'd by Ortega.

You must be new, both he and Nelson were talking about losing weight and fighting at 205 around then. DC was open about dropping weight so he could fight at 205 during that time.
-Josh Barnett 248 vs DC 238 more then 5 inches shorter then Josh
-Antonio Silva 264.5 vs DC 247 more then 5 inches shorter then Bigfoot
-22lbs isn't the 25lbs you claimed and if being technical, 22 isn't close as it would be rounded down to 20, while 23 and 24 would be rounded up to 25, if speaking mathematically, being you were trying to use "mma math" originally
-need I continue on?

"continue on" writing a bunch of meaningless text? Sure go ahead

Nelson was DC's last hw fightt so it's logical to use 224 as a reference point. Has DC given up his lhw belt? No? Keeping it is exactly like being "open about dropping weight so he can fight at 205" next time, so you only proved my point. Plus when title-holders move up for a fight they typically don't balloon up so they can go back down
- Silva weighed in at 203 to fight Bonnar at 205
- McGregor weighed in at 168 to fight Diaz at 170
- need I continue on?

like DC - and unlike Barnett and BF - Stipe is hw champion for a reason, and the obvious size diff gives Miocic an edge

giphy.gif

It will be a great fight. If DC wins he'll go down as a top 5 goat without a doubt. If Stipe wins he'll become one of the best UFC HW's of all time.

There's similarities between Fankie and DC - both undersized, championship level wrestler/strikers with great fundamentals and outhustle everyone. But Stipe will be 5 inches taller and 25 lbs heavier would be like Edgar fighting Lawler. Gotta go with Miocic

It's great they made this fihht though respect to both really looking forward to this one
222lbs seems light for dc bro, i imagine he walks around at 230 at the least.

It isnt to hard to imagine dc could be 240(7lbs off stipes 247lbs he fought ngannou at)come fight night.

I don't like Adam hunter, but I saw Edgar on Mike swick's podcast and he said he thinks Cormier will have the speed and cardio advantage, and obviously the wrestling advantage. He also said that DC knows how to fight the bigger man. It also just seemed like he's a slightly bigger fan of DC than he is of stipe, despite the fact that he said he likes both men.

He also favors Khabib over Ferguson.
Ya the wrestler picking wrestlers to beat strikers no surprise there.

I am pretty pumped for his fight with T-City though. I'm hoping for a changing of the gaurd but I just don't see Edgar getting caught In a sub.

Ya the wrestler picking wrestlers to beat strikers no surprise there.

I am pretty pumped for his fight with T-City though. I'm hoping for a changing of the gaurd but I just don't see Edgar getting caught In a sub.

well, stipe is a div I wrestler too, so he would have picked "the wrestler" either way.

I'm hoping edgar doesn't get caught.

There's so much wrong with this post. DC's average weight at heavyweight is about 15lbs heavier than what you seem to think it is. Also, Edgar has fought guys 15-20lbs heavier than him before and he did fine.

Maynard was supposedly 180-185lbs come fight time, and Edgar has never been more than 160lbs.

Last edited:
Back