Frankie Edgar thinks DC will beat Stipe--New Roasted Podcast w/ Frankie Edgar

Adam Hunter

White Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Hope all is well. Here is the brand new MMA Roasted. We had Greg Wilson and Weendawg in studio and Frankie Edgar calls in. Hope you enjoy.

Adam Hunter

suprising i woulda thought he'd pick Stipe

Cormier will win and then set up Jones vs Cormier, Jones wins HW Title , Jones gets caught for another steroid im thinking DBOL and Cormier retires, Ngannou vs Stipe for vacant HW title, Ngannou gets revenge and KO's Stipe, Ngannou Pops for Estrogen Blocker

Easy fight for Stipe. The jab will be the only punch he needs. But if he adds more, that will be just way too much DC. I don't see how DC wins this fight. I see him getting beaten badly and embarrassingly.

Any cliff notes on why he thinks that? I think Cormier could make it a close match but man, all those years Cormier has been slimming down to make 205, and now he looks to have leaned up and now he’s going back up to HW? You can’t put on all that weight so quickly and adjust to HW like that.

Well shit, not a lot of people opt out to go from 205 to HW so props to Cormier.

Frankie's correct. Come July 7th

I like Edgar well spoken and has some good predictions, but, he is wrong in this pick.

There's similarities between Fankie and DC - both undersized, championship level wrestler/strikers with great fundamentals and outhustle everyone. But Stipe will be 5 inches taller and 25 lbs heavier would be like Edgar fighting Lawler. Gotta go with Miocic

It's great they made this fihht though respect to both really looking forward to this one

Stipe is gonna smash the shit out of DC

Time stamp or cliffs? I'm not listening to an hour and forty minutes of that.

Any cliff notes on why he thinks that? I think Cormier could make it a close match but man, all those years Cormier has been slimming down to make 205, and now he looks to have leaned up and now he’s going back up to HW? You can’t put on all that weight so quickly and adjust to HW like that.

Well shit, not a lot of people opt out to go from 205 to HW so props to Cormier.

I don't like Adam hunter, but I saw Edgar on Mike swick's podcast and he said he thinks Cormier will have the speed and cardio advantage, and obviously the wrestling advantage. He also said that DC knows how to fight the bigger man. It also just seemed like he's a slightly bigger fan of DC than he is of stipe, despite the fact that he said he likes both men.

He also favors Khabib over Ferguson.

Last edited:
DC wins and he won't be in too much danger either.

how about that !

The hard nosed wrestleboxer with an iron chin who has routinely fought opponents larger then him favors the hard nosed wrestleboxer with an iron chin who routinely fights opponents larger then him.

thanks for the interview TS .
I like both fighters but I'm a bigger fan of DC so I hope he beats Stipe it would be a great feather in his cap .

giphy.gif

I just hope it's a good fight. We can talk about DC's success at HW but I wasn't that impressed with him vs Mir and Nelson all those years ago. I think Stipe will finish him pretty easily or dominate him for the entire fight.

Cormier will win and then set up Jones vs Cormier, Jones wins HW Title , Jones gets caught for another steroid im thinking DBOL and Cormier retires, Ngannou vs Stipe for vacant HW title, Ngannou gets revenge and KO's Stipe, Ngannou Pops for Estrogen Blocker

thanks for spoiling it douchebag. I never got to watch it yet.

Back