Frank Shamrock vs. Kazushi Sakuraba Confirmed for Oct. 15 in RIZIN (Grappling Bout)

Motto?

• Total voters
In their primes is pick Saku to win in Grappling. Both are pretty beat up now, but Saku may be the only guy more beat up than Frank.

this is about 15 or so years too late and it's a grappling match, but I'm pulling for Saku.

Bout will probably end in a draw imo

Is it over already? How come no pbp thread?

Is it over already? How come no pbp thread?

It is in the Rizin pbp thread which was moved and stickied in the heavies

It ended in a draw. 10 min match and it never once hit the ground. Saku at least tried for a few ankle picks, but Frank never once tried to get it to the ground.

Crap, passed out and woke up and event is basically over. Guess I'll have to watch some replays of stuff online. See Kawajiri got KO'd

It ended in a draw. 10 min match and it never once hit the ground. Saku at least tried for a few ankle picks, but Frank never once tried to get it to the ground.
You're kidding. Right?

Frank said he'd been waiting 18 odd years for this and was going to crush Saku, the mother fucker.

Frank said he'd been waiting 18 odd years for this and was going to crush Saku, the mother fucker.

That's an outta shape Frank taking his check and bouncing without an L for ya

Saku got shutdown??

Hey, is it over yet? All i saw was 2 old guys mean mugging each other.

Saku got shutdown??

Abu-Shaubi treatment

1.gif

so much headpushing

I remember when Frank wore that Hawaiian shirt to Pride, dropped names of all the guys he wanted to fight, and then Saku licked his own lips like a hungry animal when Frank mentioned him.

Match was a dud, but glad we finally got to see them go at it.

Maybe they can set up something similar with Saku and Rickson. If Rickson loses, he can always just say he would have won in a "real fight".

On the one hand, it's totally understandable that these guys are in their mid-40s and have injuries / limitations.

On the other, Shamrock is a showman and has to realize that this drives his value way down. Had this match been exciting (in spite of being a grappling bout), it's entirely possible he could've had a life-after-death career competing against other big names (IE: his brother Ken, Royce, Sonnen, etc) under a far more safer and favourable ruleset, and still made some cheese.

But we'll see. Maybe this was just an isolated incident, and future grappling bouts won't be as boring.

Saku is too damn skilled in grappling

Back