Frank Shamrock vs. Kazushi Sakuraba Confirmed for Oct. 15 in RIZIN (Grappling Bout)

Motto?

• Total voters
These guys were scheduled TWICE to fight for the first PrideFC middleweight title, but the fights were called off due to injury both times. Should be a fun wrassle.
Is this true? That's too bad! Man I didn't know it was actually going to happen..

At least there won't be any boring ass "hold closed guard for dear life" bullshit like saku/Renzo

These guys were scheduled TWICE to fight for the first PrideFC middleweight title, but the fights were called off due to injury both times. Should be a fun wrassle.
I never knew that a fight was scheduled. Unless you were following mama back then it's tough to appreciate how big Frank vs Sam was then.

The rolling kimura submission in that fight may be a top five goat move in mma.

I meant the grappling rematch where saku sat in Renzos closed guard for a long ass time

Last edited:
Frank will get disqualified for striking, setting up a possible rematch.

What are the chances this ends in controversy, setting up a full MMA fight for New Year's Eve?

Maurice Smith says he'll extend stay and support Frank Shamrock in Fuckoka. But I don't know why he was in Japan or if he gets free accom somewhere for that long.

Shamrock-Kosaka-Mo were called "alliance" in late 1990's. The original interracial minority team that helps each other success in MMA.

Mo smith was originally lions den then went to frank

WOW. Wish this was 2000. But I don't care about past prime when it comes to these guys. Fun for any hardcore fan.

I don't care who wins. They're both legends

Two of my most respected.
The prototype the legend and the gracie hunter.

What's not to like...

why do a stupid grappling match? it's stupid just like national anthems

They should do a pancrase match with only open handed slaps allowed and that's it

Right, and also fix the match keeping the pancrase tradition alive.

How can we watch it?
It'll be IPPV, but much like the last event, apparently there'll be a legal way to watch it for free via referral codes.

Either way, I still think it's awful business strategy to take an ultra niche product like JMMA and put it behind a paywall. The exposure is worth more than whatever few thousand bucks they'll make from the IPPV. They had it right in the beginning.

why do a stupid grappling match? it's stupid just like national anthems

They should do a pancrase match with only open handed slaps allowed and that's it

It would be perfect neither would get hurt and people like me would not hate it

I mean I like grappling but not the gay gay kind
You are speaking on deaf ears. Saki's to be specific.

Back