News Francis Ngannou's MMA Return Vs Renan Ferreira + Co-Main: Cris Cyborg vs Larissa Pacheco Announced

Solid source on those numbers
Okay do you have any sources that indicate Francis is a draw? I know that when gane vs Jones happened it was reported to be the biggest ppv in the 12 month period it occured in.

The fact that you need a source to prove Francis is not a draw is very telling. The ufc letting him walk should tell you all you need to know

Okay do you have any sources that indicate Francis is a draw? I know that when gane vs Jones happened it was reported to be the biggest ppv in the 12 month period it occured in.

The fact that you need a source to prove Francis is not a draw is very telling. The ufc letting him walk should tell you all you need to know

No. I never said ngannou was a draw. But we haven't seen UFC PPV numbers released by the UFC since they got the guaranteed money from ESPN. No one knows who the big PPV-selling athletes are anymore. We used to think athletes with big social media followings transferred to big PPV numbers, but O'malley seems to have proved that wrong.

It's not about hate but in every boxing bout and tbh most mma bouts Francis is the b side
And I never said otherwise, AJ is clearly the A side and he can draw all by himself. But according to some people, Ngannou is actually a negative draw, he would turn someone that could sell fighting a homeless person from the parking lot and make him bomb the PPV instead...

That’s a quick ass turn around from a burtal KO. He got knocked down 3 times before the KO
<30>

This situation reminds me of Conor when he came back from Floyd then fought Khabib…only Francis is not fighting a Khabib, he’s fighting a journeyman so hopefully he gets the job done quick and easy and makes himself look good and claim MMA as his homeland.

And I never said otherwise, AJ is clearly the A side and he can draw all by himself. But according to some people, Ngannou is actually a negative draw, he would turn someone that could sell fighting a homeless person from the parking lot and make him bomb the PPV instead...
well that's just silly

Ngannou s chin is gone and he knows it so it's going to be a Derrick Lewis fight scared type of boring fight, pass

Joshua is pretty much a bigger draw than anyone other active fighter at the moment. Ngannou-Joshua rematch if the former had won would have been gigantic. Joshua is a bigger draw than every single one of Ngannou's mma opponents combined.
I don't know man. I mean, you're right thst it would sell more than the 1st but still not enough to make any money on.
But yeah, Joshua is usually an arena filler.

Sell more easily for sure.

Francis Ngannou was never a draw.

None of his headline fights have ever drawn significant numbers

View attachment 1035657
Yeah, I think you guys are right. More people would tune in. Enough to justify Ngannou’s ridiculous pay? Probably not.
And now that he got flatlined? His ROI is even worse than that 300k buys for Gane.

I don't get it. Maybe it's his lack of personality but he'll never be a good investment. Never has, never will.
Francis is the type thar could bankrupt an organization (pay attention PFL)

That's the point. Take in consideration the amount that they would pay Francis the tally the numbers, he is without a doubt a negative draw.

Didn't Ngannou in an interview once talk about his biggest fear being knocked out in a fight?(I would think that's the biggest fear for any fighter but nevertheless)

I can't recall where that was but it was before the Lewis fight which probably explained why he was so tentative. Now that he has gotten knocked out I wonder how he will fight.

I don't know man. I mean, you're right thst it would sell more than the 1st but still not enough to make any money on.
But yeah, Joshua is usually an arena filler.
That is true, but whether the promoter loses money or not is a separate issue from whether the event was big or not. Wilder Fury 1 lost money for the promoters, but made it up and then some in the rematches. All a fighter cares about is whether the check cashes, same as any other employee in another job.

That is true, but whether the promoter loses money or not is a separate issue from whether the event was big or not. Wilder Fury 1 lost money for the promoters, but made it up and then some in the rematches. All a fighter cares about is whether the check cashes, same as any other employee in another job.
Oh well, yeah, but I was looking at it from a promoters point of view.
Furys Undertaker impression guaranteed box office sales for the future.
Nothing about Ngannou tells me long term investment from a promoters point of view.

Back