Francis Ngannou vs Vitali Minakov

Yeah, meaning you are not as confident in him winning as you pretend, everytime he fights. You just want to be ready to use that "power/anything can happen at HW" - excuse when Stipe loses to a better fighter. Otherwise you would not feel need to say that everytime.
? he can lose any fight. any fighter can, idk what you think youre proving

Tough fight for both guys

Would've served Ngannou well to get a couple of fights like that under his belt before stipe

Dude dropped a round to Henrique, I think he's in over his head.

But hey anything can happen with that power
The jds fight would have helped Ngannou so much more with stipe.

Instead he has just done the exact same thing that stipe has done.

Minakov is the best HW in MMA. He would beat anyone in UFC, they are nowhere near as skilled as him. Minakov has been the best HW in MMA for a long time, just too many newbie fans who only know what UFC is.

Minakov chokes Ngannou out.. in 1st or 2nd round. He is way too skilled for him.

Tough matchup.

Minakov is a beast and it's a shame he isnt in the UFC.

Tough fight for both guys

Would've served Ngannou well to get a couple of fights like that under his belt before stipe

Dude dropped a round to Henrique, I think he's in over his head.

But hey anything can happen with that power
And the fat sloppy Russian almost got slept by DJ fucking Linderman.

Minakov is smashing bums in M-1 last time I heard. He's a top 5 HW, but he'd get slept.

Most of the guys he beat would be fringe UFC guys. Antonio Silva and Josh Copeland were in the UFC.

Yeah, meaning you are not as confident in him winning as you pretend, everytime he fights. You just want to be ready to use that "power/anything can happen at HW" - excuse when Stipe loses to a better fighter. Otherwise you would not feel need to say that everytime.
Well Stipe has shown several different attributes that make him a champion, he’s showed us he’s got a chin and can withstand bombs from guys like Nelson, Hunt, JDS, Reem... he’s showed us he can use wrestling to put guys on their ass, he’s showed he can maul guys with ground n pound, he’s showed that he can defend and escape submissions, he’s showed us he’s got cardio to go the distance, he’s showed that he can recover when in trouble, and he’s showed plenty of knockout power of his own.

Ngannou has only showed power so far, so yeah there’s a good reason why most knowledgeable fans see that as his only path to victory, and still believe Stipe is the overall better fighter.

No one wins because the fight will never happen.

Minakov is under contract to Bellator with a clause allowing him to fight in Russia. He has been avoiding Bellator fights in the hope that they will cut him loose of the contract.

And they won't do it. No way they give up an undefeated heavyweight.

He hasn't fought in Bellator since 2014...

Honestly I think Minakov is a tough fighter to judge how he'd do in the UFC as there are so few fighters at HW these days with a real grappling threat.

Back