Former WWE champion ‘Jack Swagger’ to make MMA debut at Bellator 214

Siauliai

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What do you think guys about him ? I mean we had some wwe stars in mma like Brock Batista and Lashley. Do you see him have any success in mma? Couldn`t found any legit clip on yt of him training mma.

The former WWE superstar, whose real name is Jake Hager, will make his MMA debut when he fights J.W. Kiser (0-1) at Bellator 214 on Jan. 26 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif. MMA Fighting confirmed the matchup with officials following an announcement from Hager himself on Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show on Monday.

Hager, an All-American wrestler at the University of Oklahoma in 2006, is best known for his time as a pro wrestler with the WWE. He carried the promotion’s World Heavyweight Championship for three months back in 2010 before parting ways with the company in 2017. He still performs on the independent scene.

The 36-year-old announced his signing back in November 2017 and was expected to debut at some point this year before seeing his debut pushed back to early 2019.

Source mmafighting.com

I think he can do well. Wrestling base (real not fake lol). I guess it all depends on whether or not he can take a punch.

He's getting a late start in mma but he has a legit wrestling background and is fairly large, he'll probably do a lot better than CM Punk but not as well as Lesnar.

nice ncaa career. wish he was in his early 30s not 36

I’m sure he’ll be fine. Regional HW is putrid. Bellator will feed him some Eric Pringle’s and he’ll be fine. Prob won’t be good enough to be champ though.

He’s a big fella with a legit wrestling base. Chances are he’ll do pretty well just on that alone. Maybe too late an arrival to make some real noise though

He has a good base in wrestling and is still very strong physically and has good contacts in the real wrestling community to if nothing else get his game up.

I'm going off of memory but I think I remember hearing hed be training at AKA but had a few places he used while still traveling for regional wrasslin to still train a bit.

I think he has a very good chance to become a good fighter it just depends on what his true goals are.

He is old(er) but still very athletic
Sad that he did not try it a long time ago

He is old(er) but still very athletic
Sad that he did not try it a long time ago

Much like Bobby lashley in that way.

We wont know where hes at until he actually fights but the base is there which is a good thing,and he has good contacts let's hope he uses them haha.

Much like Bobby lashley in that way.

We wont know where hes at until he actually fights but the base is there which is a good thing,and he has good contacts let's hope he uses them haha.

Lashley is athletic for a big musclehead (no way he'd pass USADA), but Swagger is an athlete in any sense.
he is not too muscular

He'll do better than CM Punk. Hope he has some finishing skills rather than relying on smothering.

It would be great if he keeps his gimmick up and challenges foreigners to beat him or leave the country.

Lashley is athletic for a big musclehead (no way he'd pass USADA), but Swagger is an athlete in any sense.
he is not too muscular

Oh definetly it's the late start that's the same,body type not so much.Swagger is much more agile but still quite strong that's why I'm really thinking he could do well if hes truly dedicated to evolving.Im definetly hyped and he could bring some fans from pro wrasslin we shall see.

Oh definetly it's the late start that's the same,body type not so much.Swagger is much more agile but still quite strong that's why I'm really thinking he could do well if hes truly dedicated to evolving.Im definetly hyped and he could bring some fans from pro wrasslin we shall see.

He was never that popular
Lashley didn't bring a lot, I doubt he will
When Swagger was in a big push, he fucked up & got arrested & de-pushed

Would have been interesting to see him fight when he was younger.

Very big guy, legit base and a long reach.

hi-res-6e1b461dd7874422182029ab2029add4-crop-exact.jpg

He's getting a late start in mma but he has a legit wrestling background and is fairly large, he'll probably do a lot better than CM Punk but not as well as Lesnar.

He beat Cain in college. It's a damn shame that he waited this long to try MMA.

he is not too muscular

Lashley wrestled 100 lbs. below his current walkaround weight. It's insane how much mass he put on for pro wrestling.

Lashley wrestled 100 lbs. below his current walkaround weight. It's insane how much mass he put on for pro wrestling.

Dem quality vitamins bro!!!

Back