Former greats that could return to peak form?

Where's the Barao option? That boy is just waiting for a few more losses to occur before he strings together 10 wins in a row.

<{afrobol}>

Mirko. Has always been in great shape.

Shogun with the right gameplan.

Maybe Cruz can pull a miracle but it will be for a brief moment. Most likely he is done as well. Other than him, forget it. They are not robots. Its called getting old. And even if they are not old in age like Condit, Melendez or Cruz all the grueling fights, damage and injury will take a toll. They are 50 in fighting years.

Has Cruz ever lost his peak form? He's just made of glass. Cain is a similar situation, but less of a track record.

Aldo is still in his prime, arguably. The only people he's lost to in a decade are the two greatest Featherweights apart from himself (McGregor and Holloway) - That's just a case of some folks having your number. I'd still favor him against pretty much anyone else in the division.

Cruz still has it, he's only lost once in the last decade. It says a lot that the only two people who can beat him or come anywhere close to beating him are the other two greatest fighters in the division (Cody and TJ.)

Aldo and Cruz obviously can. Machida and silva can still probably beat some guys but definitely not their peak

Really the only one that fits what you're asking is shogun, he's not that old yet and is still ranked. If he gets lucky and fight smart it is possible he could make a title run

no way brock beats stipe, but as weak as HW is, if you take stipe away I guess it's possible.

Brock barely got through Hunt. If you remove Stipe he'd still have to deal with JDS, Werdum, Reem, Blaydes. The only one on that list I think he has a chance with is Reem, but only due to that chin.

Back