Forged in Fire (On History Channel)

theres a similar show on elrey network. don't think it's a competition though. they do fantasy weapons from movies and games and shit. gonna check that one out next time I got nothing to do. will report back
the elray network?

Never mind, just googled it. never heard of this channel.

He's probably never really stabbed anyone in his life, but sure. I guess it takes some martial art expert to know if a sharp piece of metal can hurt someone.

You're oversimplifying what he does.

The guy is a dork but he seems to do a good job testing blades beyond just smacking bones and coconuts.

You're oversimplifying what he does.

The guy is a dork but he seems to do a good job testing blades beyond just smacking bones and coconuts.

He looks for easily identifiable physical defects in the blades?

Doug never smacks the bones or coconuts. He sticks to ballistics dummies and sharpness tests. To test the sharpness something must be cut right? I know I can't tell if something is very sharp by looking alone. Yes a kill test is a little easier. It's pretty easy to say if I stick this pointy think in your heart it "weel keel" but that would be pretty boring TV wouldn't it? IMO it's far more fun to see the weapon in use.

I love it! Best show on History channel!

Eh, I think he does a lot more than just look for cracks.

You have some beef with him because he hasn't personally killed anyone with a bladed weapon. So whatever.

Doug never smacks the bones or coconuts. He sticks to ballistics dummies and sharpness tests. To test the sharpness something must be cut right? I know I can't tell if something is very sharp by looking alone. Yes a kill test is a little easier. It's pretty easy to say if I stick this pointy think in your heart it "weel keel" but that would be pretty boring TV wouldn't it? IMO it's far more fun to see the weapon in use.

Just once I wanna see him say "your weapon weel not keel."

Doug Marcaida is a legit AF kali guy. If he says a blade will kill, I believe it.

Doug mercaida is a fucking idiot the way he always does the bow thing and says stupid shit.

Wasn't he involved in child prostitution while doing kali stuff in the Philippines?

I watch it when its on.The philipinian looking hack is annoying tho.

This dude?
images

And the host of that show looks like he probably has genital warts.

He's stabbed dozens of phillipino children.....with his dick.

Seriously, the guy is a pedo.

I laughed at this post more than I should.

They should cut of his dig with one of the dull broken blades from the show then.

Sex exploitation of the Children in my country is really disturbing their parents are the ones pimping their own kids.

Just this week another Cyber sex den were raided in the province its just disgusting.

He's stabbed dozens of phillipino children.....with his dick.

Seriously, the guy is a pedo.

You got a source on this? I googled - saw nothing.

I'm not on his bandwagon, I think he's annoying but I do think he has knowledge & in the martial community he's pretty well respected. Which says a lot especially in the knife/weapon fighting game, which is chalked full of snake-oil salesmen and bullshit.

it these guys?

That's a great channel. Much more focus on the craftsmanship, they do some awesome stuff.

The Russian dude who does a lot of the intricate detail on that show made what I thought was the coolest piece of kit on Forged in Fire, his shield, which won the show.

This was after the hosts of Forged talked shit about his methods.

That's a great channel. Much more focus on the craftsmanship, they do some awesome stuff.

The Russian dude who does a lot of the intricate detail on that show made what I thought was the coolest piece of kit on Forged in Fire, his shield, which won the show.

This was after the hosts of Forged talked shit about his methods.
I think I'll check it out tonite. I saw one episode once and the guy did the same routine/ kata with one of the weapons that the long haired dude did in big trouble in Little China. thought that was cool

I thought he was just a pretty face to host the show so I looked him up and he was usaf pararescue. pretty elite

That is pretty sweet. However most people in the air force have genital warts so I'm probably still correct.

Back