Forged in Fire (On History Channel)

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I really wanted to like this show because I think the concept is cool and I lIke watching the contestants work but something is missing. I think it would be more interesting if they focused more on the actual techniques they are using and why as opposed to having long drawn out over dramatic "blade tests".(I feel like a lot of reality shows suffer from this TUF I'm looking at you) Anyway anyone watching? Thoughts? I really thought this show was gonna be cool but can't get into it. I also feel like the contestants don't get enough time to produce quality work.

I watch it when its on.The philipinian looking hack is annoying tho.

-Not enough time for these guys to work.
-Too many amatuers.

That's probably my 2 biggest beefs with the show.

Mr. Eet Wheel Keel was nursing an injury last night. So He had this huge fucking shaved head dude weilding dual Viking battle axes. The first dummy he tested fell to the floor and the guy hust kept on chopping and hacking. It was nuts.

There's a knife maker on this forum who does incredible work. I'd like to get his take. Unfortunately don't know the user. He works with spring steel and burl handles.

I enjoy the show. It's fun and opposed to the op I think the tests are great. Best part of the show. It's nice to see what the blades can do.

Show is boring and silly. I hate how they take something fun and make it so serious . The world is filled with asswipes

the best show on History right now, finally they have a good one, after running nazi shit all day and night

I really wanted to like this show because I think the concept is cool and I lIke watching the contestants work but something is missing. I think it would be more interesting if they focused more on the actual techniques they are using and why as opposed to having long drawn out over dramatic "blade tests".(I feel like a lot of reality shows suffer from this TUF I'm looking at you) Anyway anyone watching? Thoughts? I really thought this show was gonna be cool but can't get into it. I also feel like the contestants don't get enough time to produce quality work.

Reality shows have to turn everything into a competition instead of showing the process. This is the same formula whether it's making a knife, a car, a motorcycle or completing an obstacle course. Rushing people through the process creates the drama the producers desire but makes it a shitty show for those who want to see the entire process. Most craftsmen won't be willing to compromise the quality of the process by agreeing to time constraints. To cover high quality builds, the shows record every few weeks instead of being there on a daily basis. Shows will condense a one or 2 year build into one or 2 hours.

A welcome change from pickers, pawnshops and other useless crap

Show is boring and silly. I hate how they take something fun and make it so serious . The world is filled with asswipes
I don't find it serious at all? Is it the time constraints that make it serious to you? IMO most people on the show look like they are having fun even with having to rush a process that shouldn't be rushed. It's not like a bunch of serious smiths have come to the show with no knowledge of how it runs. They are there because they want to be.

I enjoy the hell out of it. The contestants are fun, they have personality and its just a cool process.

I like the time constraint aspect of it, seeing different people's skill in action and the history of some of the blades. Also its cool to see people on the show get some serious up swing in their businesses from their appearances on the show.

Show got me into hobby knife making.

I want to see them get some more youtube stars on it, like Alec Steele. That kid is funny as hell, makes cool shit and would be hilarious to see on the show.

Doug marcaida? "Eet weel keel"

He's the best part of the show
Idk, when he fluorishes his free hand while trying to do kata reminds me of:

giphy.gif.cf.gif

my gf is OBSESSED with this show and i find it pretty interesting.

YOUR WEAPON....will cut/kill.

I enjoy the hell out of it. The contestants are fun, they have personality and its just a cool process.

I like the time constraint aspect of it, seeing different people's skill in action and the history of some of the blades. Also its cool to see people on the show get some serious up swing in their businesses from their appearances on the show.

Show got me into hobby knife making.

I want to see them get some more youtube stars on it, like Alec Steele. That kid is funny as hell, makes cool shit and would be hilarious to see on the show.

I want to get into knife making as a hobby too. How much did it cost to start and what other details can you give me if you have some time to reply.

Cheers

Love this show. Love marcaida. It is too short of a time frame and on episode to detail all techniques.

The funny part is when they send them home and they have more time the quality doesn’t seem to increase Hahahaha

It’s a time killer I’ll watch in trying to fall asleep but I don’t gonout and watch it on purpose so to speak

The testers are annoying and lack skill it seems

Back