Social For the first time in 20 years, more than half of Americans have a gun in their home

We have a right to vote, and I think an argument can be made that we also have a responsibility to vote. A responsibility implies to me that it’s a duty of sorts.

Yikes.

I'm not even registered to vote. <45>

I don’t think the words “rights” and “responsibility” are interchangeable though, that’s what I’m taking issue with.

We have a right to vote, and I think an argument can be made that we also have a responsibility to vote. A responsibility implies to me that it’s a duty of sorts. I don’t think an average American has any sort of duty to our country or Constitution to own a firearm, like I’m not being a good American citizen unless I own a gun or something. That’s how I interpret it anyway, and I take issue with that.

But like you said, the militia clause is very relevant here. Back when states used well regulated militias made up of ordinary citizens for defense, I could see the argument that there’s a responsibility. But that isn’t the case in today’s world.

And I agree, someone with reservations shouldn’t buy a firearm. My dad willed me a gun (or two?) and I suppose I’ll have to do something with them at some point. They’re not in my possession, and that’s by choice. I’d have to buy a gun safe or something for them, clean and maintain them, etc.,and I just don’t have the interest.
Jesus Christ. Your Dad willed you firearms and you act like it's some chore to store them in a safe. You might have to watch a youtube video on how to take them apart and oil them once a year. Consider them weapons of house BFoe.

It just means more people will be shot. It's funny, statistics clearly show that if there is a gun in the home someone living there is more likely to be shot. But that doesn't stop the gun huggers believing they are safer with a gun at home.

Gun huggers think their guns are protection, gives them a sense of security. I wonder if people actually exercised more and worked on their bodies a bit, maybe they would not be so scared all the time?

It must be horrible physiologically to be afraid all the time.
See, this is a perfect example of a post where the laughing reaction would be appropriate.

And for all of you guys complaining about the firearms-related death stats in the US . . . remove suicides and things even out a bit more. Suicide accounts for over half of the deaths.

It just means more people will be shot. It's funny, statistics clearly show that if there is a gun in the home someone living there is more likely to be shot. But that doesn't stop the gun huggers believing they are safer with a gun at home.

Gun huggers think their guns are protection, gives them a sense of security. I wonder if people actually exercised more and worked on their bodies a bit, maybe they would not be so scared all the time?

Guaranteed I'd beat you in a grappling match.

Sadly, you can not legally possess a firearm and cannabis at the same time even if you live in one of the 24 states where recreational cannabis was legalized. I think it is an automatic felony.
Which is why I won’t get my medical license.
getting the license in Florida is easy as long as you pay for it. Florida should make it legal instead of the medical BS we have.

I don’t think the words “rights” and “responsibility” are interchangeable though, that’s what I’m taking issue with.

We have a right to vote, and I think an argument can be made that we also have a responsibility to vote. A responsibility implies to me that it’s a duty of sorts. I don’t think an average American has any sort of duty to our country or Constitution to own a firearm, like I’m not being a good American citizen unless I own a gun or something. That’s how I interpret it anyway, and I take issue with that.

But like you said, the militia clause is very relevant here. Back when states used well regulated militias made up of ordinary citizens for defense, I could see the argument that there’s a responsibility. But that isn’t the case in today’s world.

And I agree, someone with reservations shouldn’t buy a firearm. My dad willed me a gun (or two?) and I suppose I’ll have to do something with them at some point. They’re not in my possession, and that’s by choice. I’d have to buy a gun safe or something for them, clean and maintain them, etc.,and I just don’t have the interest.

The duty would be you as an able bodied male being necessary to a free republic feel obligated to not only defend the country but also your fellow countrymen. Nothing changed

The duty would be you as an able bodied male being necessary to a free republic feel obligated to not only defend the country but also your fellow countrymen. Nothing changed
And that the police aren't legally responsible for our safety (unless you're in their custody).

And that the police aren't legally responsible for our safety (unless you're in their custody).

100%
They literally coached this up at my Conceal Carry Class. Before we went constitutional carry.

Which is why I won’t get my medical license.
getting the license in Florida is easy as long as you pay for it. Florida should make it legal instead of the medical BS we have.
Every state should legalize it and the Federal government should as well.

The whole thing is absurd. Marijuana was originally criminalized because of racism. It was associated with Hispanic inigrants and black people, particularly jazz musicians. The word marijuana/marihuana was chosen over cannabis when it was criminalzied because they wanted to make it sound like a new, scary Mexican drug. Then a war on drugs was declared which included Marijuana because Nixon associated Marijuana with hippies protesting Vietnam. Then Reagan doubled down on it to because he also associated it with liberals. It's always been criminalized because of who it was associated with, not because it causes significant society harm.

I think one of the biggest reasons it is still illegal is the perception thst it is mostly used by liberals. I think most Republican politicians and even many centrist Democrats have opposed it for that reason.

Every state should legalize it and the Federal government should as well.

The whole thing is absurd. Marijuana was originally criminalized because of racism. It was associated with Hispanic inigrants and black people, particularly jazz musicians. The word marijuana/marihuana was chosen over cannabis when it was criminalzied because they wanted to make it sound like a new, scary Mexican drug. Then a war on drugs was declared which included Marijuana because Nixon associated Marijuana with hippies protesting Vietnam. Then Reagan doubled down on it to because he also associated it with liberals. It's always been criminalized because of who it was associated with, not because it causes significant society harm.

I think one of the biggest reasons it is still illegal is the perception thst it is mostly used by liberals. I think most Republican politicians and even many centrist Democrats have opposed it for that reason.
It is dumb.
The odds are higher that I shoot someone after a half a bottle of Tequila than if I smoked any weed.
Well not really now that I am older, but when I was younger, Tequila made me want to do 1 or 2 of the Two F's. Fight or Fuck. Weed I dont want to fight anyone but still down to fuck.

I feel sorry for people who don't have a gun to protect themselves and their loved ones.

Sean Strickland used a gun to stop a criminal. I guess he is scared of everyone and you could beat him in a fight.

Last edited:
what is constitutional carry?

It’s an adopted term by second amendment supporters like myself. It’s meant to imply we have always had permit less carry. There is a war front of terminology at the moment between the two factions of gun supporter and non.

Assault rifle = Modern Sporting Rifle

Common sense gun control = civilian disarmament

Universal Background check = end private party sales

Gun show loophole = end private party sales outside of an actual gun show in most places I am aware of.

Back