Social For the first time in 20 years, more than half of Americans have a gun in their home

statistics cannot be individualized like that. do you have domestic violence in your home? are you sometimes suicidal? do you get bombed on alcohol on the weekends? can you afford a quick release safe for your gun to protect children and others? have you got an alarm system on the house? do you have the balls to use it if the necessity arises? if the answers are no, no, no, yes, yes, yes, then your chances of dying by a gun do NOT go up if you own one.

those statistics are misused by liberals in favor of gun control imo and are rarely discussed honestly.
No but then again everyone thinks they’ve the exception. Most people say they’ll work things out and not divorce yet it’s something like half or a bit more that go that way

No but then again everyone thinks they’ve the exception. Most people say they’ll work things out and not divorce yet it’s something like half or a bit more that go that way
those criteria in addition to mental illness and history of violence (which i forgot to add) are the reasons it happens. if you don't have those factors involved its extremely unlikely its going to happen to you. liberal agenda makes it seem like a risk shared equally among the population and it just isn't is my point. i feel like they present those statistics like its some kind of magic 8 ball for every single person and its just not that. they generalize it to everyone to discourage gun usage and to bolster gun control arguments. its just a matter of how many of those red flags you have in your background and weighing those risk factors.

main thing is learning to use the gun and having prior warning and a plan to give time to get it out safely. (we have a kid so its locked up all the time). we have an alarm and 4 dogs so we feel reasonably confident nobody can get to us (upstairs) with that warning system in place before we can get the gun out of the fingerprint safe and be ready.

our guns are not getting used on us before it gets used on an invader. as a non gun person i also picked an idiot proof hammerless revolver so less can go wrong from user error if im half asleep. just point and shoot, no cocking the gun and no safety on it. but we also have a .20 gauge shotgun and a little dinky 10.22 rifle.

Lol at thinking Asian hate crimes are only directed at Chinese citizens.

Koreans have been dealing with it for several decades in certain communities.
Koreans used to rule the liquor stores in all the ghetto areas. Not so much anymore as their kids grew up and became successful in other fields.

Can't see the .jpg - any help to the crowd that misses these pictures?
Hit the reply button and it shows up in the message box. hopefully it actually get's sorted out quickly. My poor memesters are suffering.

statistics cannot be individualized like that. do you have domestic violence in your home? are you sometimes suicidal? do you get bombed on alcohol on the weekends? can you afford a quick release safe for your gun to protect children and others? have you got an alarm system on the house? do you have the balls to use it if the necessity arises? if the answers are no, no, no, yes, yes, yes, then your chances of dying by a gun do NOT go up if you own one.

those statistics are misused by liberals in favor of gun control imo and are rarely discussed honestly.
If you care about protecting your family, "statistics" are designed to deter a bitter reality.

Dialing a phone number is WORTHLESS when your loved ones are under attack.

If you care about protecting your family, "statistics" are designed to deter a bitter reality.

Dialing a phone number is WORTHLESS when your loved ones are under attack.
I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing. If it's the latter I think you misunderstood my post.

If you are a man and plan to have a family or get married, you need to learn how to own, maintain, and operate a gun. Throw in some basic self defense skills and stay in shape.

After that, get a good safe and 3 guns. Shotgun, handgun, and a rifle.

Your woman and kids will feel safe and thank you.

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or disagreeing. If it's the latter I think you misunderstood my post.
Wasn't doing either. Just putting the fact out there that YOU and ONLY YOU have the responsibility to protect your family.

NO ONE ELSE will EVER do that, like it or not. Feel blessed that we have that right.

I want a gun for protection but on the other hand the statistics show families are actually less safe with them if you count domestic abuse and suicide. I hsve a young daughter, anything could happen even if I try to hide it well. I go back and forth in this a lot

Locking safe is a must with kids around. Don’t rely on hiding it.

I want to get one of these.... You know , just in case someone tries to break into my house with a tank

I have no “constitutional responsibility” to own a firearm.

Neither does a felon that intends to violate your wife, family, home, or your life.​

Call 911. Response time is NEVER even close to the projectile's "feet per second" response.

Last edited:
Neither does a felon that intends to violate your wife, family, home, or your life.

Call 911. Response time is NEVER even close to the projectile's "feet per second" time.
That‘s different conversation. I’m taking issue with the idea that I have a constitutional responsibility to own a firearm. I don’t.

Weed is still federally illegal, so the “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?” on the background check applies.

I don't believe there's ever been a case brought against a legal recreational marijuana user for owning or buying a gun, but technically it would be illegal even if not under the influence at the time of carrying or using a firearm.

Illinois state police had a big social media post about how buying illinois legal canibus wouldn't result in a loss of FOID (unconstitutional permit to own a gun even in your own home in illinois) card at the hands of of the state, but could give federal officials an opportunity to do so. so choose wisely.

A buddy of mine from St Louis moved out to San Jose, CA and used to post videos of himself on social media doing wheelies and motorcycle stunts. He had a viral video from his helmet cam/gopro where the CA highway patrol is following the group of bikers, turns on their party lights, and proceeds to follow the bikers for several miles. It wasn't really a chase, but the bikers just kept doing their tricks refusing to pull over.

To make a long story short, the cops afterwards did their homework and were able to trace and follow who posted the video (and was participating in the stunts). They obtained a search warrant and raided his house. He was growing weed hydroponically in his garage, and they took it all and charged him because he also had a few (legal) firearms in the house. Both the weed and the guns were legal on their own, but apparently not together.

on the other hand the statistics show families are actually less safe with them if you count domestic abuse and suicide. I hsve a young daughter, anything could happen even if I try to hide it well. I go back and forth in this a lot
Tough. That's a real issue, not sure how to deal with it.
I’m taking issue with the idea that I have a constitutional responsibility to own a firearm. I don’t.
You don't need one.

Feel safe, the police will protect you - immediately after you hit the call center. The 911 center will forward your message to your local police (if every thing works ) who decide IF it is an issue. Then, maybe the officer will get a free minute to respond.
Actually, they'll arrive at the scene, shake their head, and provide a chalk outlin

Last edited:
Tough. That's a real issue, not sure how to deal with it.

You don't need one. Feel safe, the police will protect you immediately after you call and they get a free minute to respond.
Actually, they'll arrive at the scene, shake their head, and provide a chalk outline.
Sounds good! I’ll pass on the gun ownership thing then.

With all of these good guys with guns the USA must have the lowest rate of mass shootings in the world. Look how safe all of these guns make us!

With all of these good guys with guns the USA must have the lowest rate of mass shootings in the world. Look how safe all of these guns make us!
Of course. “An armed society is a polite society,” says the nation with the worst gun violence and mass shootings on the planet by a wide margin.

Back