For some reason I watched schuab highlights

Schaub was actually a way better fighter than he gets credit for.

Sherdog just likes to pretend he sucked so bad.

In reality, he'd still be a top 10 HW if he was fighting.

How many fighters have 6 UFC wins and 3 stoppage wins on TUF? Not many. DW acts like he's some scrub who went 1-3 and got cut.

How many fighters have 6 UFC wins and 3 stoppage wins on TUF? Not many. DW acts like he's some scrub who went 1-3 and got cut.

As someone else said he would be a top 10 HW today because the division is garbage right now. He had very good BJJ for a heavyweight and great athleticism. He'd have never touched a title shot but was a good fighter. People just hate because they don't like his personality.

Bad stoppage, but not close to one of the worst.

Rewatch Weidman vs Munoz to see what a really bad stoppage looks like. I honestly thought Munoz was never gonna fight again after that shit.

As someone else said he would be a top 10 HW today because the division is garbage right now. He had very good BJJ for a heavyweight and great athleticism. He'd have never touched a title shot but was a good fighter. People just hate because they don't like his personality.
A few people have said he would be top ten.... maybe

But I have my doubts that his chin would have held up if he racked up a few more KO losses, which he would have. His striking was sloppy, especially defensively and he didn't have the chin to save him from his defensive mistakes.

He could beat some top ten guys. I agree with that. But he would have been one punch away from climbing the imaginary beanstalk to the sky at all times and I think the trend of about 1/2 his opponents finding his off button would have continued until he was a CTE poster boy.

He had other options and he pursued them, that was the right choice.

A few people have said he would be top ten.... maybe

But I have my doubts that his chin would have held up if he racked up a few more KO losses, which he would have. His striking was sloppy, especially defensively and he didn't have the chin to save him from his defensive mistakes.

He could beat some top ten guys. I agree with that. But he would have been one punch away from climbing the imaginary beanstalk to the sky at all times and I think the trend of about 1/2 his opponents finding his off button would have continued until he was a CTE poster boy.

He had other options and he pursued them, that was the right choice.

Oh he absolutely made the right choice. He tells jokes for a living and is a multimillionaire. His chin was definitely not great but as Alistair and Arlovski have proven you can hang around a long time in the top 10 at heavyweight with power, speed, a decent ground game and shit chin. Lol

Oh he absolutely made the right choice. He tells jokes for a living and is a multimillionaire. His chin was definitely not great but as Alistair and Arlovski have proven you can hang around a long time in the top 10 at heavyweight with power, speed, a decent ground game and shit chin. Lol
You CAN hang around the top ten taking damage and racking up concussions.... that doesn't mean it is a great idea.

It would be one thing if there are no other options - Arlovski- for example- hasn't gotten huge paydays, might need the money and may not have a solid backup source of income after fighting.

Reem has been pulling 700k+ and should be hanging them up as he is in serious danger of ruining his quality of life as he gets older, he is probably too late already especially after that brutal Ngannou KO.

If Schaub can live comfortably without getting punched in the face then doing that should be an easy decision.

Schaub was actually a way better fighter than he gets credit for.

Sherdog just likes to pretend he sucked so bad.

In reality, he'd still be a top 10 HW if he was fighting.
That's more about the lack of depth at HW than anything else. HW hasn't really seen much new life in the last 5 years, and it seems like half the division is over 38.

Schaub wasn't the worst fighter ever, but he had a way of making a lot of people hope he gets KO'd. And he did. Violently.

Here are my favourite Schaub highlights

tumblr_mpjiezwqux1ry1rm7o4_400.gif

Some great moments
Who's he fighting in this one?

He had some pretty good wins and some amusing losses.

I don't particularly care to hear him talk but he certainly made the right moves.

He got rothwell with that nice spinning back elbow though. One of the more athletic heavyweights

Lots of people don't remember that he was a big athletic guy that moved well. Unfortunately, he had the chin of a guy that played lots & lots of football.

Schaub could fight, he just couldn't take a punch.

Yeah his personality is why people don’t like him. He didn’t really ever put on boring fights and was looking for the finish. His striking wasn’t technical and he relied on aggression, athleticism. But he had good jiu jitsu for a HW. I know Browne fell off but when Schaub fought him he was in great form. None of his losses were to scrubs. If you were to just look at his fighting style he would be a fan favorite. Okay that’s enough sticking up for Schaub. Not a fan of his any of his work comedy wise. His agent has worked magic turning him into a “Celebrity Personality” or “Talking head”.

Schaub was actually a really solid heavy. I know he is deluded, but the guy brought it and even KO'd Mirko with just a few years training.

I do enjoy rothwell hitting him with the agility of a boxing cat with his lefts

Back