For ppl who believe in spirits. I have a question.

I definitely agree that drug addiction and god are very similar, both used as an outlet for people who are weak and or scared. Which is why I think many addicts turn to god, trading one addiction for another.
Let me bring you up on example since we're on an MMA forum. I'm not sure if you watch MMA, because you'd have heard the countless times fighters thank god and give glory to him. Now I don't believe in their god, but how the fuck does that make them weak? The belief, the faith, it makes them stronger. Silly billy.

To answer your question, ts, I think it's all them. These spirits, entities, or whatever you want to call them choose to let you see them, hear them, etc. Obviously there's no way to know for sure, but I think some of them(the good ones) are well aware they're probably going to scare the shit out of us so they stay hidden.

I'm not gonna get into it, but I've had my own paranormal experiences. All I can say is that all you people making fun and saying that only stupid/crazy/poor people believe in this sort of stuff, you're ignorant. I equate people that don't believe that there are other planes of existence right here on earth to those that believe we're the only intelligent life in the universe on the billions upon billions of planets and stars. I think it's ignorant and arrogant to pretend like it's not possible for either.

I am pretty sure we all can convince our minds to believe in whatever we, as human beings, want to believe in.
The only thing i would believe is if i heard it or seen it myself, otherwise, i do not believe.

Sure do hope there is afterlife and other dimensions/beings but how can you know for sure...

*notices user title

*looks at location

{<redford}

On topic:

I don't have the answer to your question TS, but I definitely believe in the supernatural. I know I'm going to sound like a lunatic and I don't have the time to type out the whole story but I'm pretty sure I forced a demonic entity of some sort out of my house last year.
Divorce?

why wouldn't you look?

Scared.

Now this got off track. Look I was wide awake. I've had sleep paralysis before and still to at times and that wasn't that. Trust me. I wish it was. It was right when my son was a newborn and my wife and I went to lay down.

It was around the same time his baseball game that ur hit the ball, would randomly clap and say "you got a triple."

I know its a eye roll thing. I and my wife were fully awake in bed. If it didn't happen to me I'd roll my eyes too.

It didn't happen after that and hasn't since. So idk who or what it was. I just know it happened. I personally believe it was a family members that passed on. I mean right around the time I have a newborn.

Ts, I hacked your arlo and found footage of your ghost.

7qlpT9K.gif

Scared.

Now this got off track. Look I was wide awake. I've had sleep paralysis before and still to at times and that wasn't that. Trust me. I wish it was. It was right when my son was a newborn and my wife and I went to lay down.

It was around the same time his baseball game that ur hit the ball, would randomly clap and say "you got a triple."

I know its a eye roll thing. I and my wife were fully awake in bed. If it didn't happen to me I'd roll my eyes too.

It didn't happen after that and hasn't since. So idk who or what it was. I just know it happened. I personally believe it was a family members that passed on. I mean right around the time I have a newborn.

But it doesn't make any sense; you're lying in bed and you hear someone call your name and you don't turn to see who it is?? How did you know at that point that it wasn't a person? like a friend or a neighbor or a burglar or whatever?
Your first instinct when you hear someone call your name is to go - "oh it must be a ghost, I'll just go back to bed"?

Sorry but this doesn't make any sense.

But it doesn't make any sense; you're lying in bed and you hear someone call your name and you don't turn to see who it is?? How did you know at that point that it wasn't a person? like a friend or a neighbor or a burglar or whatever?
Your first instinct when you hear someone call your name is to go - "oh it must be a ghost, I'll just go back to bed"?

Sorry but this doesn't make any sense.

The voice wasn't human. Too low. Too altered. And no I froze in bed. And then we got up and went to living room once feeling gone.

I shouldn't of posted this. Too many skeptical ppl and too much " liar" claims.

I understand as I wouldn't believe it either.

Stuff like this is hard to deal with. You hear people talk about it and many of them are the "waaaay out there" types so you tend to not believe. I've seen and heard things that can't easily be explained and would have wondered if I was losing my mind if other people hadn't experienced the same thing. As an example:

In Navy Boot Camp I was standing watch in the forward half of the compartment (room us recruits lived in) and was making the rounds and putting entries into the Logbook. I was the Forward watch and another recruit was the Aft watch. Around 0100 (1 AM) I had walked around the forward section of the compartment and headed down the center towards the Logbook. About 20 feet before theLogbook podium I saw a Purplish / Blue cloud hovering maybe 12 feet off the deck. It stayed in place but convulsed or moved in some manner. The Aft watch walked up to my right. He asked "What are you doing?" I replied "Looking at that." and pointed to the cloud. He said "That purple cloud? What the f*ck is it?" I answered "You see it too? I have no clue what it is."

The cloud stayed there for another minute or two then seemed to shrink or implode and disappear. I did not record that into the Logbook and still have no idea what it was. I was happy that someone else saw it at the same time.

We are comprised of matter and energy. Once we die we decompose. Something has to happen to the energy. Who knows what happens but any guess including a change of state to "ghost" or whatever you may call it might be the answer. Or not. X-rays and microscopic organisms didn't "exist" until we obtained the means to prove so. Maybe we'll get there some day concerning supernatural phenomenon.

Let me bring you up on example since we're on an MMA forum. I'm not sure if you watch MMA, because you'd have heard the countless times fighters thank god and give glory to him. Now I don't believe in their god, but how the fuck does that make them weak? The belief, the faith, it makes them stronger. Silly billy.

Never said that having faith makes you weak, I simply said that weak and scared people tend to be the ones who turn to religion (also drugs). A physically strong warrior can still be a very fearful person on the inside who is terrified of the unsureness of death, so they turn to the comforting idea that facing death is not such a big deal because a friendly all knowing being waits for you on the other side. Living life knowing that one day your life will end and that will be it can be a very scary thing, it's not for everyone.

So I'm rigid in this. I believe in afterlife and I respect all opinions.

So when my son was a newborn, my wife and I heard a spirit say my name. It scared the #$+& out of us. We were in bed and I felt whoever at the foot of the bed. I never looked back and it left. I'd say the spirit saying my name and feeling was 30 seconds.

So here is my question.

Do they in your opinion get to choose when to visit? Do they get to choose when you hear or see them? Or is it them just breaking through a 3rd wall? The voice was so low and deep and non human sounding. So no way to know if female or male.

Also can you hear their voice but no apparition or would I of saw whoever?

It still creeps me out to this day.

Thanks

I thought this would be about distilled spirits. Then again, maybe it is!

I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, but I still self-medicate with drugs/alcohol and have been on and off various anti-depressants for nearly two decades.

People who suffer with genuine mental illness do so because of abnormal brain chemistry, that can sometimes be corrected with modern medicine. As a Christian I believe God is capable of curing illness via supernatural intervention, but to believe that anyone who comes to know Christ will no longer suffer from mental illness is the same thing as thinking that someone with cancer or diabetes will be cured in the same way.

I agree, I'm not a doctor and i'm sure there is probably a genuine use for antidepressants or medication for mental health. What I do believe though is there are WAY too many people on antidepressants and i do believe God has instilled in each in every one of us- alarms- to tell us when something is wrong.

And i do believe that much of what we diagnose today as mental health issue is actually a spirtually problem. And instead of adhering to those alarms we seek to just silence those alarms. It'd be the equivalent of hearing the smoke detector and being so annoyed by it...and instead of addressing the real issue you just take the batteries out of the smoke detector. And since the real issue is the fire downstairs we silence the alarm for a short while but in the end is complete destruction and the house burns down with you inside of it.

That is my belief and i think it would even describe the reason why SOOO Many people use anti-depressants and end up killing themselves. The very drug they USE is believed to cause suicidal tendencies...Something isn't right my friend. I will give you a real story of myself.

Two years i was suffering from debilitating anxiety. I thought it was my blood sugar. I'd have to pull over on the side of the road cause my anxiety would be sending me into panic attacks as i drive down the highway. It got to the point where i called in sick to work one sunday and went to the doctors. They did a glucose test, EKG - nothing. Everything was fine. So they were going to follow up with a medical appointment to which i just responded - i guess i'm just a headcase.

Anyway since it was sunday i had been hearing a pastor on the radio. Turns out he was only 20 minutes down the road from me so i decided to go check out his service. Listen to his service and at the very end he said they were going to do a prayer meeting. I had never partaked in one but i said sure why not i'll just check it out. And while i did NOT partake in any prayer but was just in the presence of their company i felt all that anxiety, all that stress that was on me just suddenly disappear.

It was amazing. And it hit me that i was dealing with a spiritual issue. It was like whatever had been chasing me around for the past 3 or 4 months wanted NOTHING to do with that prayer meeting and left. I called my mom as soon as i left the church to tell her about it. About a week later i was at work and all of a sudden i started to feel those old feelings of anxiety creep up on me out of nowhere so i just stopped everything i did- started to pray and just cast out whatever spirit was bugging me in Jesus name and it left.

PRAISE God it has been almost 2 years since that happened and i have not had any issues since that day.

That is just my opinion brother but i wouldn't be so quick to self medicate on drugs/alcohol when the issue could be one you need to address. Take care and God bless.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back