For anyone stupid enough to be a feminist....

Im asking if we could establish guilt better would it lessen the stigma that goes to the accused even after they have been tried and not convicted.
that's a tough one. Hard to wash that stink after even if found innocent.

Look at the horrendous case of the USC student with the girl being the instigator and aggressor for sex at every point and signalling to her girlfriend she was going to fuck him.

Even after him being exonerated (or so you would think) there is/was still talk that he could still be expelled with the idea the school could right the wrong and still punish him even if he somehow escaped it in a court.

The same goes for Ghomeshi accusers mentioned up thread who the judge out right threw the case out due to the massive inconsistencies between the 3 gals testimony and the email evidence presented. The women after the fact were not called out for lying or challenged on why they ruined this guys life and instead were celebrated as brave for taking this to court even if the system somehow let them down by allowing their side of the story to be challenged with the email evidence.

By Gains i mean ability to correctly assign guilt or innocence.
Hopefully but I somehow doubt it.

I can see both sides of my very limited understanding of those laws.
Ya its not an easy one.

As i mentioned earlier you can't prove consent at one point in time by actions at a previous point in time
I disagree, at least to the extent we are talking about in a legal setting. I absolutely think the 3 cases cited in this thread provided they had consent by actions taken at another time (emails, texts, Video).

I think part of the problem the accused have is many still harbour a lingering doubt and assume that should carry some weight even though they cannot decide how much. And the opposite is rarely true if the guy is convicted.

. If however video or electronic evidence is incongruous with one parties version of events that should be included. So it really comes down to what the evidence is being used to support or disprove.
Agreed. Sad Canada is trying to subvert such evidence under the misguided view that the courts cannot be fair to women so a different standard needs to be set for them where using their own words and actions whether written or on video cannot be so easily used against them. That is scary.

People are so worried about false rape accusations when in reality it's only a tiny percentage of all rape cases that turn out to be false.

You should be much more worried about rape in general and the fact that most rapists get away with their crimes.

No one has any idea how many rape allegations are false. Only a tiny percentage have been proven false.

Also, in the US historically, we have strong reason to believe that more than a tiny fraction of rape accusations are false. It wasn't that long ago that false rape allegations were the source of thousands of lynchings of black men. I can remember back when feminists revered people like Ida B. Wells, who thoroughly documented false rape allegations made by white women against black men.

No one has any idea how many rape allegations are false. Only a tiny percentage have been proven false.

Also, in the US historically, we have strong reason to believe that more than a tiny fraction of rape accusations are false. It wasn't that long ago that false rape allegations were the source of thousands of lynchings of black men. I can remember back when feminists revered people like Ida B. Wells, who thoroughly documented false rape allegations made by white women against black men.
yup. sadly it seems that being busted cheating, getting caught in an inter racial sex relationship, being lead on by a philandering man or just generally being scorned have been reasons for women to cry out rape in the past when in fact the relationship was consensual.I recall seeing an episode of 60 minutes when i was a kid where two young students (about 17), a young black man and young white girl were fooling around in some southern state. When the girl got busted with the young man she was basically shamed into saying it was rape and away the young man went to jail for something like a 30 year sentence. Until years later as a young adult, her married and with a family of her own but unwilling to live with him being in jail still, she found the courage to tell the truth. It took years for the system to let him go though. I've never forgotten that case or episode.

I feel horribly for women genuinely raped but a crime every bit as egregious as that IMO is men sent to jail for rapes they did not commit. Heck I might even say that is the worse of the two crimes.

This is why "every claim" of rape or assault should not be "taken as fact" and then proved otherwise:

https://nypost.com/2017/12/16/rape-trial-falls-apart-after-accusers-40000-texts-are-revealed/

All the shit this guy had to go through just because some worthless, future prostitute wanted attention.

What's gonna happen to her?

I consider myself a very mild feminist in that I believe there should be equal pay, equal rights and protections. But you would never see me in a march on anywhere and I hate to see shit like what was in entertainment weekly about getting more female directors and producers forcing the “old white men” out because then it becomes about getting and taking power, and if they could take control totally, they would.

As for the article, that is a crime and she should be charged and he should sue for damages.

False allegations definitely hurt their case, but we have seen that men have still been using power to "encourage women to give sexual "favors" to them. Most decent people see that as a problem.

The new age feminist are weird as hell to me. I don't understand it. Women for the most part have achieved their equality. There will always be roles men can do better and vise versa. I see mostt of this new age shit as just a political movement by leftists extremists.

The thought would be in the discussion that you don't seem capable of, and what's dumb is lacking the acuity to explain your reasoning. So don't pretend the short-coming is on my end. :p

No big deal. Not everyone enjoys philosophical debate.
There's nothing philosophical about asking loaded questions such as "if rape is just another violent crime, why does pussy needs to be put on a pedestal". Deep pondering there, man.

There's nothing philosophical about asking loaded questions such as "if rape is just another violent crime, why does pussy needs to be put on a pedestal". Deep pondering there, man.

Says you. Sounds to me like your intellect is stunted by your conditioning emotions. If you're confident in your position I'll expect no response. :)

Says you. Sounds to me like your intellect is stunted by your conditioning emotions. If you're confident in your position I'll expect no response. :)
There's no need to engage every dumb poster on the internet who thinks we need to have a "philosophical" discussion about how "pussy is put on a pedestal" and rape is just another violent crime.

Try asking half-decent questions and you might get a reply.

Get over yourself.

The whole idea that you should automatically assume male guilt because of an inequal power structure, is such a ludicrously naive and preposterous idea that it's difficult to fathom how many seemingly credible people have parroted it, and thus discredited themselves as intellectual dim-wits.

We have founded our judicial systems on the basis that judgment is with-held until the facts come to light, no matter how strongly one insists their claim. That is probably one of the soundest and most logically consistent ideas that mankind ever produced. There is no rational argument to be made against it, outside of the emotional argument that it's "hurtful" to women's psyche if their claims are not immediately recognized by authorities as the objective truth.

If that's the impact that feminism is going to have on the society, to put emotion above logic as society's foundation, then the whole movement should be done away with.

The argument that every case should be taken as a fact is not an actual position taken by anyone significant. He's pretending it is and that he debunked it by posting a single case of false rape allegation.
Significant people or not it’s the masses that buy into it enough to cause people to lose their jobs,lives etc.

Last edited:
"All"? no. There are plenty of men being ruined at this moment, despite their outright denials. Dude from "That 70's Show" just got fired from his gig on Netflix, over accusations that he denies.

The #Metoo movement is pretty much based on believing every woman who makes a claim. GTFO with saying nobody is saying every accusation is to be believed.
No kidding
,what the fuck is he smoking..

No kidding
,what the fuck is he smoking..

Its a weird thing with progressives. When they're shown a mirror, they deny the reflection. There is another Liberal guy in here claiming that the whole "gender identity" thing isn't a strong Liberal issue, and is only pushed by some select wackos. He did this in the face of me informing him that New York officially recognizes 31 genders.

Its a weird thing with progressives. When they're shown a mirror, they deny the reflection. There is another Liberal guy in here claiming that the whole "gender identity" thing isn't a strong Liberal issue, and is only pushed by some select wackos. He did this in the face of me informing him that New York officially recognizes 31 genders.
Lmao,if gender identity isn’t a liberal born concept than I don’t know who created it...

Using a false rape claim to attack feminism is like using neo Nazis to slight "Republican"

Stop trying to paint with a broad brush

Back