For anyone stupid enough to be a feminist....

What fucking moron would think a dude would be continuously raping a girl for over a year. This was so obviously a case of pissed off girl.

why do you put "every claim" and "taken as fact" as quotes as if they're actually quotes and not a strawman position?

You can support the good things about a cause without supporting the bullshit.
It is possible

why do you put "every claim" and "taken as fact" as quotes as if they're actually quotes and not a strawman position?
A strawman to what argument? The one you have not revealed yet?

A strawman to what argument? The one you have not revealed yet?
The argument that every case should be taken as a fact is not an actual position taken by anyone significant. He's pretending it is and that he debunked it by posting a single case of false rape allegation.

The argument that every case should be taken as a fact is not an actual position taken by anyone significant. He's pretending it is and that he debunked it by posting a single case of false rape allegation.
There you go. Produce an argument yourself before claiming a "strawman" as if it is one.

But yea the injection of anyone "significant" in your post is a strawman itself, not sure he's referencing anyone specific as you are alluding. There are plenty of people who side with the accuser before any actual facts are in.

Pretty sure @ultramanhyata beleives every rape claim to be true.

The argument that every case should be taken as a fact is not an actual position taken by anyone significant

Oh' really? Is that why careers are being ruined at a record pace, over mere accusations? Is that why Al Franken had no right to remember incidents differently than his accusers, and was forced to step down? You know, because nobody significant is taking the position of "believe all accusers, and fuck the accused".

There you go. Produce an argument yourself before claiming a "strawman" as if it is one.

But yea the injection of anyone "significant" in your post is a strawman itself, not sure he's referencing anyone specific as you are alluding. There are plenty of people who side with the accuser before any actual facts are in.

Pretty sure @ultramanhyata beleives every rape claim to be true.
He's insinuating feminists believe that "every case" should be "taken as fact", putting it between quotation marks as if someone actually said that.

You should not be a feminist, who believe in these quotes I made up, because of this one case which debunks their imaginary position.

Oh' really? Is that why careers are being ruined at a record pace, over mere accusations? Is that why Al Franken had no right to remember incidents differently than his accusers, and was forced to step down? You know, because nobody significant is taking the position of "believe all accusers, and fuck the accused".
"being ruined" you mean they ruined it themselves because of sexual harassment at work and they all basically admitted it and apologized?

I still don't see anyone saying every rape case should be taken as fact.

He's insinuating feminists believe that "every case" should be "taken as fact", putting it between quotation marks as if someone actually said that.

You should not be a feminist, who believe in these quotes I made up, because of this one case which debunks their imaginary position.
Interesting.......fighting strawmans with strawmans.

Anyways can you agree that we should not assume guilt solely based off of an accusation? This makes sense no?

Interesting.......fighting strawmans with strawmans.

Anyways can you agree that we should not assume guilt solely based off of an accusation? This makes sense no?
What strawman? It's what the OP is saying. I didn't make up any position he takes.

Is there any court of law which sides with the accuser automatically, without any credible evidence whatsoever? Or are you talking about the public opinion?

"being ruined" you mean they ruined it themselves because of sexual harassment at work and they all basically admitted it and apologized?

"All"? no. There are plenty of men being ruined at this moment, despite their outright denials. Dude from "That 70's Show" just got fired from his gig on Netflix, over accusations that he denies.

I still don't see anyone saying every rape case should be taken as fact.

The #Metoo movement is pretty much based on believing every woman who makes a claim. GTFO with saying nobody is saying every accusation is to be believed.

"All"? no. There are plenty of men being ruined at this moment, despite their outright denials. Dude from "That 70's Show" just got fired from his gig on Netflix, over accusations that he denies.

The #Metoo movement is pretty much based on believing every woman who makes a claim. GTFO with saying nobody is saying every accusation is to be believed.
Pretty much based on =/= not the same as saying every rape accusation needs to be taken as a fact. Not sure what to tell you.

Who else besides that guy from that 70's show? As far as I know, most of the Hollywood dudes and politicians being outed were credible testimonies and they admitted some wrongdoing and apologized.

BTW: a woman running for congress in Kansas just withdrew due to an allegation that she denies.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/15/us/andrea-ramsey-harassment.html

A woman running to flip a Kansas congressional seat from red to blue next year is ending her campaign after allegations surfaced that she had sexually harassed, and then fired, a former subordinate.

“Twelve years ago, I eliminated an employee’s position,” Ms. Ramsey said in a letter posted to Facebook on Friday. “That man decided to bring a lawsuit against the company (not against me). He named me in the allegations, claiming I fired him because he refused to have sex with me. That is a lie.”

Gender parity achieved?

Is there any court of law which sides with the accuser automatically, without any credible evidence whatsoever? Or are you talking about the public opinion?

It's pretty clear you have not even attempted to read the article before talking this tom foolery.
Now, the judge has called for an inquiry at the “very highest level” to understand why police failed to hand over critical evidence including 40,000 messages from the accuser to Mr Allan and friends.

The messages showed how she had continually messaged Mr Allan for “casual sex”, said how much she enjoyed it and discussed fantasies of violent sex and rape, The Times reports.

Yes no one significant, zero impact on anyone's life or reputation. Everyone looks at this shit objectivley. Surely your protest here is not for any partisan differences between you and said poster because you actually care.

You can support the good things about a cause without supporting the bullshit.
It is possible
Other than equal rights and opportunities, what else is there to strive for in support feminism, or any other civil rights movements?

People are so worried about false rape accusations when in reality it's only a tiny percentage of all rape cases that turn out to be false.

You should be much more worried about rape in general and the fact that most rapists get away with their crimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back