Floyd Mayweather's 3 most exciting fights?

Rob-G

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What do you think was Floyd Mayweather's Top 3 most exciting fights?

Andre Berto, Hector Arroyo, Justin Juuko.

Better than his wife, pac, and his dad?

Savage.

It's usually Mayweather's opponents who make the fight exciting but if I had to choose it'd be:

Jesus Chavez
Jose Luis Castillo
Rick Hatton

It's rare for Floyd to purposefully engage in a real crowd pleaser, but he has done it.

If I have to choose sensibly I'd definitely include maidana and Castillo. He had Hatton in his pocket.

I would go:

Gatti
Corrales
Hatton

if you are looking for him on offense

Close fights:

JLC
Augustus
First 6 of the judah fight

I would go:

Gatti
Corrales
Hatton

if you are looking for him on offense

Close fights:

JLC
Augustus
First 6 of the judah fight
Roger was in charge vs zabadiel.

Corralles Castillo and maidana for me.

Cotto
Hatton
Corley

I'll have to check some of these out since I actually haven't seen too many fights with him. I did watch him vs Phillip Ndou recently though and it was very good.

Last edited:
Augustus/Burton
Gatti
Corrales

for me.

Roger was in charge vs zabadiel.

Corralles Castillo and maidana for me.

Fair. Only reason I put Gatti on there is Floyd had something to prove to mae PPVwise. He had to make that a show.

I still don't see the Maidana (1) fight as others. Had it a clear 8-4 and I was there

Corley is a good mention. He sparred with Floyd and probably took his foot off the gas. Shane hurt him the worst though. Had he been able to land a hook before May tied him up it would have been serious business.

I'll have to check some of these out since I actually haven't seen too many fights with him. I didn't watch him vs Phillip Ndou recently though and it was very good.

Yes you do, please come back once you have been absorbed by the black flesh, we will help you mend the gaps for you. Floyd really stresses the sweet science, and your mind needs to be forced to savy the style he utilizes, you must be one with this understanding to feel the nature of his greatness. Feel free to ask us any questions, you can also PM me if you desire for more intricate details of the game or seek enlightenment on a deeper scale. All i want is for you to better your understanding the odd world of pugilism...As well as life.

tumblr_inline_nppdelksAp1s28ip2_500.gif

The shellshock surely didnt help Arturo to focus on the job in hand...

Corrales, Maidana 1 and ... there's not much excitement tbh, he shut most opponents down but putting a clinic on Canelo was very entertaining.

Diego Corrales
Might get flamed for this but N'dou.

And Ricky hatton
That was a damm good fight N'Dou really brought it to Floyd

Floyd may hold the world record for landing the most right hands in that fight

That was a damm good fight N'Dou really brought it to Floyd

Floyd may hold the world record for landing the most right hands in that fight

I can't remember exactly but it was either NDou or Jukko that Floyd stopped with three rights in a row.

For me it was Cotto, Augustus and a tie for third with Gatti and Corrales. Gatti and Corrales were like showcases though, not really great "fights."

Back