Floyd Mayweather's 3 most exciting fights?

Fair. Only reason I put Gatti on there is Floyd had something to prove to mae PPVwise. He had to make that a show.

I still don't see the Maidana (1) fight as others. Had it a clear 8-4 and I was there
I didn't see maidana winning but as a completely different fighter to the guy who almost lost to morales at 140.

The shellshock surely didnt help Arturo to focus on the job in hand...

What shellshock? Gatti had been on the big stage way more times than Floyd.

Cotto, Augustus, and Castillo 1. Floyd kind of kicked the shit out of Augustus but there some really exciting points in that fight.

. Gatti was a show case fight, very much like his fight vs Guerrero.

It exemplified what it looks like when a good fighter faces a great fighter.

I hated the Gatti fight because he ruined him...Gatti just got the living shit kicked out of him.

Great performance but saddened me.

. Gatti was a show case fight, very much like his fight vs Guerrero.

It exemplified what it looks like when a good fighter faces a great fighter.

I hated the Gatti fight because he ruined him...Gatti just got the living shit kicked out of him.

Great performance but saddened me.
Gatti was only in there for dat cheddar. He knew what would happen. Sad really.

I didn't see maidana winning but as a completely different fighter to the guy who almost lost to morales at 140.

That's accurate. He fought way smarter then anyone expected. I will always have a soft spot for Chino (cue Senri) for the way he kicked Broner's ass

N'Dou stoppage as mentioned is top class
the gatti obliteration is always fun to watch.
the augustus fight is a lot of fun burton may not be a the best boxer in the world but he has been in his fare share of exciting fights.

also i like the cotto fight, fairly competitive but watching floyd bust up cotto and walk him down was a joy to watch, those right hands doe.
the corrales fight those left hooks were a thing of beauty.

most of his fights have very interesting portions as well as floyd tames his opponents. for example the beginning of the JMM fight JMM got cute nd tried faking and then landing a right in response floyd shut him down and then put him down with that pivot lead upper cut beauty and of course his right's which pretty much made the fight non competitive.

edit:
the ortiz fight played out in an unfortunate manner but it was shaping up to be an exciting beatdown

Cotto, Augustus, and Castillo 1. Floyd kind of kicked the shit out of Augustus but there some really exciting points in that fight.

Burton wasn't going to stop, and Floyd fought his ass off for that stoppage. It was one sided but I can't recall ever seeing Mayweather fight that hard. More competitive fights, sure, but that was start to finish action from what I recall.

Burton wasn't going to stop, and Floyd fought his ass off for that stoppage. It was one sided but I can't recall ever seeing Mayweather fight that hard. More competitive fights, sure, but that was start to finish action from what I recall.

Yeah I'll always love Augustus. True warrior. I think Floyd hurt his hand in that fight too but kept fighting, Augustus wouldn't let up no matter how many punches he was eating. Floyd said that was his toughest fight in his career and like you said it's hard to find a fight where he fought harder than that in his career. I always wonder with guys like Augustus, if they weren't road warriors fighting all the time for small paychecks, instead of taking time and having longer training camps, actually preparing themselves correctly, if they could have been much better fighters.

Guys like him and Darnell Boone, Chop Chop to an extent, all better fighters than their records indicate and have given great fighters a lot of really tough fights. I always imagine what they could've been if they took a different, more calculated approach to their careers.

Yeah I'll always love Augustus. True warrior. I think Floyd hurt his hand in that fight too but kept fighting, Augustus wouldn't let up no matter how many punches he was eating. Floyd said that was his toughest fight in his career and like you said it's hard to find a fight where he fought harder than that in his career. I always wonder with guys like Augustus, if they weren't road warriors fighting all the time for small paychecks, instead of taking time and having longer training camps, actually preparing themselves correctly, if they could have been much better fighters.

Guys like him and Darnell Boone, Chop Chop to an extent, all better fighters than their records indicate and have given great fighters a lot of really tough fights. I always imagine what they could've been if they took a different, more calculated approach to their careers.

Definitely. I wouldn't speculate whether or not they'd go on to be greats, but it's certainly a common story. Part of it's happenstance, just having the right people around you at the right time. I believe in working hard, and that you'll never get the best results if you don't put the work in, but I don't necessarily believe that if you work harder than everyone you will get the better results. Personalities, politics and money always become factors. Hell, look at a guy like Golovkin - he's fought everyone he could at his weight and still hasn't been given a shot at the lineal title of the division (hopefully he will soon). Shit happens, I guess is the gist.

That's accurate. He fought way smarter then anyone expected. I will always have a soft spot for Chino (cue Senri) for the way he kicked Broner's ass

In the end it was Chino who ended up with all the softness and squishiness. His work was done, and he bid farewell running off into the twilight, dreaming of blissful flights on a pizza board...

tumblr_inline_o598wdIAbE1qacnzc_500.gif

In the end it was Chino who ended up with all the softness and squishiness. His work was done, and he bid farewell running off into the twilight, dreaming of blissful flights on a pizza board...

tumblr_inline_o598wdIAbE1qacnzc_500.gif
welcome to the plats

Maidana 1 was better than expected, Castillo 1 was razor-close and Cotto was a pretty good fight. N'Dou and Judah deserve mentions. Floyd had Hatton's number and the fight wasn't very exciting this side of the KDs and the chanting crowd.

Floyd was also very impressive when he dispatched Gatti or Corrales but to me "exciting" does imply that we're not talking about one-sided beatings.

Back