Floyd CALLED Out Pac on Showtime on Live TV Tonight (Video Update)

You guys honestly think it makes sense to put this fight together on one of the biggest holiday weekends of the year? I can't decide if you guys really don't see the problem with it or if you are all just being intentionally ignorant.

There's a reason why PPVs are in the spring, fall and winter but rarely in summer. Because people are out doing things in the summer, especially on a holiday at the best part of the summer in july.The same fight won't sell as well in July as it would in May.

Lol no please stop.

Best selling UFC PPV's ever happened in July.

WWE Summerslam, always one of their biggest selling cards, happens in August.

Boxing had some of it's top-5 best selling PPVs of all time occur in summer, such as Tyson-Holyfield in June.

All that matters is the matchup and the card will sell. Stop crying about the date.

Lol no please stop.

Boxing had some of it's top-5 best selling PPVs of all time occur in summer, such as Tyson-Holyfield in June.

All that matters is the matchup and the card will sell. Stop crying about the date.

Yup, people will be having BBQ's at their house in the afternoon then at night it's fight time. I personally want it in May so it'll be sooner, but regardless I just want it. Air the fight Monday morning and I'll take the day off from work to watch it

Lol no please stop.

July 4th is still a bad day. Too many people camping and watching fireworks

I guess. But there are plenty of PPV's on July 4th weekend that did fantastic.

The UFCs second biggest PPV of all time was July 4th weekend.

My main point is summer itself has proven a fine time to have PPVs but I will confess having it on a holiday is a little dumb, but it won't make a big difference.

I guess. But there are plenty of PPV's on July 4th weekend that did fantastic.

The UFCs second biggest PPV of all time was July 4th weekend.

My main point is summer itself has proven a fine time to have PPVs but I will confess having it on a holiday is a little dumb, but it won't make a big difference.

I think July 4th would affect ppv sales. Presidents' Day, probably not so much

Are people really chowing down on this date bullshit? JFC no wonder this board is regarded as a joke nowadays.

This is clear ducking and has been for years.

Lol no please stop.

You are incorrect.

Yeah, here's hoping that Pac/ Floyd can do those big UFC numbers.

Cotto/Sergio in June- 300,000 buys

Canelo/Lara in July- 300,000

Pac/Bradley in April 800,000 buys

Floyd/Maidana in May 800,000 buys

But lets look at the record breakers and the especially good sellers-

When was Oscar vs Floyd? May.
When was Floyd vs Canelo? September.
DLH vs Mosley? September.
Pac vs Hatton? MAY 2 How could this be? Pac and Hatton aren't mexican!

Just go and look at any list of PPV revenue. Boxing PPVs excel in the late spring or at the close of the summer.

Lets look at some losers- Tyson vs McBride in June- 250k
Lewis vs Tyson is the best seller in summer and that was a HUUUUGE fight- didn't crack 2 million.

In the 21st century, boxing PPVs sell in the late spring or end of summer. A big PPV will do lesser #s in the middle of summer.

Its a good thing you guys aren't promoters. "Hey, lets pick one of the 2 or 3 weekends a year when the fight is basically guaranteed to do lesser #s so that a much less popular fight can have the date we originally wanted. Genius!"

.... The biggest fight in history gets whatever date they choose for it. Canelo is nothing. Cinco de Mayo weekend is traditionally a big boxing weekend. It makes sense to have the fight on a date that has a history of selling a lot of PPvs....
I seriously can'y figure out why any other date than what they're saying they want it is even in the discussion. We're here all talking about a different date, but I doubt Mayweather or Manny are even thinking about, "oh snap Canelo-Cotto might be that night." Really guys, they don't care, it's probably the furthest thing from their mind. They're gonna make it when they want it, and everyone else will move aside to let it happen.
Not to mention, the people that take vacations during summer are out of town and aren't dropping what they're doing, wherever they are to watch boxing. Most of us might, but having the fight on that day wouldn't be a good strategy to maximize PPV numbers for the biggest fight of the last 20 yrs.
I think July 4th would affect ppv sales. Presidents' Day, probably not so much
It aint gonna happen July 4th, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Columbus Day, Labor Day or any other day than the one they want. Which both said to the media, May 2nd is what they're shooting for.

Jesus would never help Pacs mom with her black magic.

Rocky balboa and Ivan Drago did just that...

it was a PPV smash from my understanding.

And ended the Cold War.

I wonder if a Floyd fight with Manny in Macau on Christmas could cool tensions between the US and China/North Korea? Floyd would have to give a speech after the fight though, and avoid using Asian racial slurs or cultural inaccuracies.

And ended the Cold War.

I wonder if a Floyd fight with Manny in Macau on Christmas could cool tensions between the US and China/North Korea? Floyd would have to give a speech after the fight though, and avoid using Asian racial slurs or cultural inaccuracies.

Wait, are Filipinos responsibe for Tempura and Sushi?

I mean, it has to be one of those "midget people", right?

And ended the Cold War.

"If I can change, and you can change, we can all change!!! Yo Adrian we did it!"

Back