Floyd barely trained.

He had 20 plus years of champion level training, against Connor. Muscle memory alone would win. And it's not like he gets out of shape, he's always fit

Floyd won because he is a genius boxer and Conor is a C level boxer at best. Age, size and physical condition are still important factors. Many experienced boxers get beat by novices.

There's obviously a kernel of truth, this was a storyline before the fight
Floyd Sr actually spoke out about there being things he was dissatisfied with how the camp was going to Ariel, and then to one of the boxing youtube channels. It was talked about a lot the last month or so of the camp actually, so this isn't new if you follow boxing media. There was also less public videos of Floyd training, which by itself doesn't mean much - but usually those are ubiquitous in the lead up, and people noted that he looked a bit off in his one public workout.

He didn't just roll off the couch though, we still know that if anything we know about Floyd is true he's obsessive. But I'm not shocked if (and I stress if because Conor fans will take posts like this as an attack on their boy) he took it easy to make sure that he was injury free, that all the background stuff was taken care of, and that he's 40 and couldn't train like the maniac he usually is. And people have noted that it showed in the fight a bit, and not even in the first three rounds, people noted his lack of footwork and his sluggish overhands in the rounds he dominated as well.

Barely trained but his sparring partner says that he was sharper than the Pacquiao fight

Somebody is lying.

This is why I made my account...

Yeah, let's take the word of one boxer against hundreds of other boxers. Also let's forget that Foreman lost to Rope a Dope as well, so he should be biased for Conor.

DUUUUMB.

Yeah Floyd has a body like that at 40 eating burger king and not training. I'm sold
He runs 15 miles a day. Im sure he can eat what he wants and be fine on that regiment. He probably didnt trainich either cause conors a bum who lost to cabo nate before.

He runs 15 miles a day. Im sure he can eat what he wants and be fine on that regiment. He probably didnt trainich either cause conors a bum who lost to cabo nate before.

woaah :D my uncle runs 3-6 miles a day or every second day and he looks good for his age.

conor fans will find a way to spin in to another notch on the moral victory scale.

you guys are complete suckers if you believe he barely trained, thats all i can say
Perhaps.

But not half the sucker of those who thought conor would win; and this sub forum was filled with guys claiming that conor was going to ko floyd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back