Media Flashback: Tony Ferguson refused to face Micheal Johnson when Khabib was hospitalized at UFC 209

You are Tony with comparing someone whose last fight was against Artem. Tony lost that fight but now he is on 13 W streak. You think MJ stands a chance now?

Tony Beat Tibau, unlike Khabob...

No you can't, they were scheduled to fight 4 times and Tony decided to trip over a cable the last time and pulled out.
And Khabib stopped cutting weight cos he was scared right? C'mon man neither guy is scared of the other at all, theyre the best in the world in the best division. IDK if you're trolling or being serious now lol

Tony doesn't have to prove anything. Their fight from years ago means nothing today. Tony would submit Johnson with ease in a rematch. No need for Tony to lose money to prove this

You are Tony with comparing someone whose last fight was against Artem. Tony lost that fight but now he is on 13 W streak. You think MJ stands a chance now?
I heard the same thing about Lee and and Iaquinta. How their fight didn't mean anything. He was a kid. Blah blah blah. Bullshit. It was the exact same fight.

Of course MJ has a chance. A good one because styles make fights and he has good tdd and better hands than Tony.

MJ could starch anyone on any given night.

Wins over Barboza, Poirier, Ferguson.

TS sits at the only computer in Dagestani churning out these bullshit pro Khabib/Islam threads every day.
Just be careful idolatry is major haram.

MJ stepped up a a last minute stand in

MJ defeated Ferguson in their first bout

Hey Mysterio . Would have Khabib took Al if it wasnt for the title ? NO.
This doesnt change the fact that Khabib is trying to get a fight with 505605 year old Mayweather while ducking Tony

In all fairness, Tony does deserve criticism for not taking that fight.

MJ, having lost 3 of his last 4, was not a suitable replacement for a title fight and so of course the title could not be on the line. The UFC tried to offer Tony an opportunity to still be on the show, avenge a loss and still get paid albeit less money but still within the terms of his contract. Khabib vs Ferg was a marquee fight for marquee money. Why would Tony expect to be paid the same to fight a 1-4 fighter vs fighting the undefeated Nurmagomedov? If you want to point to Al being an acceptable replacement for when Tony fell out the difference is this, not only was Al actually training and prepared to fight on the card (unlike MJ who would have had 24 hours to cut weight and enter the contest with no camp) but Al was on a 5 fight win streak (unlike MJ who was 1-3)

TLDR: Tony shouldn’t have expected to be paid the same or have the title on the line to face a significantly lesser of an opponent who had lost 3 of his last 4.

Why was the pay good enough for Micheal Johnson?

Why didn't Tony want to avenge his loss to Micheal Johnson?

Because Michael Johnson wasn't forced to take a paycut genius. They tried to get Tony to take a major paycut even though it was because of Khabibs fat ass that the fight was cancelled.

MJ, having lost 3 of his last 4, was not a suitable replacement for a title fight and so of course the title could not be on the line. The UFC tried to offer Tony an opportunity to still be on the show, avenge a loss and still get paid albeit less money but still within the terms of his contract. Khabib vs Ferg was a marquee fight for marquee money. Why would Tony expect to be paid the same to fight a 1-4 fighter vs fighting the undefeated Nurmagomedov? If you want to point to Al being an acceptable replacement for when Tony fell out the difference is this, not only was Al actually training and prepared to fight on the card (unlike MJ who would have had 24 hours to cut weight and enter the contest with no camp) but Al was on a 5 fight win streak (unlike MJ who was 1-3)

TLDR: Tony shouldn’t have expected to be paid the same or have the title on the line to face a significantly lesser of an opponent who had lost 3 of his last 4.

The problem is that reports said that Tony's show money for fighting Khabib (they still had to pay him that since he showed up and made weight) was basically the same as what he would have made for show PLUS win vs MJ.

Literally zero fighters (warrior spirit, avenging a loss, whatver) would agree to fight when they can get paid the same NOT to fight and then be ready and healthy right away for the next opportunity.

C'mon Sherdog...THINK!

The problem is that reports said that Tony's show money for fighting Khabib (they still had to pay him that since he showed up and made weight) was basically the same as what he would have made for show PLUS win vs MJ.

Literally zero fighters (warrior spirit, avenging a loss, whatver) would agree to fight when they can get paid the same NOT to fight and then be ready and healthy right away for the next opportunity.

C'mon Sherdog...THINK!

Are you sure they paid him his entire show money(for the Khabib fight) ?? I remember everyone(Dana and Tony) being sketchy about how much Ferg ended up being paid...

I get your point but just out of curiosity, how did you feel about Jones not accepting the Sonnen replacement? Is it different just because Jon wasn’t going to get paid?

Are you sure they paid him his entire show money(for the Khabib fight) ?? I remember everyone(Dana and Tony) being sketchy about how much Ferg ended up being paid...

I get your point but just out of curiosity, how did you feel about Jones not accepting the Sonnen replacement? Is it different just because Jon wasn’t going to get paid?

I was trying to find what I read back then and of course with all the time that's past I can't find it but yes they were contractually obligated to pay him his show $. And I know that was Tony's main beef: why would I fight for the same amount I'll get paid just to step on a scale? And like I said, literally zero guys on the roster would take the fight under those circumstances.

I can't remember the financial details with Jones/Sonnen honestly. I remember thinking at the time "Why wouldn't Jones take this fight? Chael has almost zero chance against him." But yeah without knowing the $ part of it I'd be talking out my backside if I tried to give any real insight. It was probably reported (you seem to know or remember better than I do about the $ part) but I just don't remember.

I think (this is totally conjecture by me for the record) that Dana didn't want much talk about the finances for that Tony/Khabib/MJ deal. Likely because he didn't want to feel the backlash from fans about lowballing Tony and that being the reason for one less fight on the card. Even if you don't think Dana lowballed Tony, Dana likely didn't want everyone knowing that he had to pay Tony roughly the same amount for showing up as what he offered for him to fight MJ (and that amount is assuming a win LOL). Tony tweeted a couple times and there were a couple reports and then any talk of $ went silent. I'm guessing Dana told Tony to take his show $ if he wasn't gonna fight and to not talk about it anymore. And Tony still had a career in the org to think about, so when Dana says "Zip it about the $", would be pretty dumb to push his luck.

Again, that's conjecture but it is the most logical conclusion given the info we did get.

Most fighters dream about avenging losses.

Look at Kevin Lee. He was chasing that Iaquinta rematch for years even though Iaquinta was ranked well below him at the time of the rematch.

People said how much Lee improved, but he got his ass whupped, again.
Al Iaquinta also doesn't 15 losses like MJ.

Khabib was hospitalized?
Wow! What happened?

Was he...hit by a car? ...freak electrical accident? ...survived an assassination attempt? ...savagely burned saving kittens from a burning building?

I heard the same thing about Lee and and Iaquinta. How their fight didn't mean anything. He was a kid. Blah blah blah. Bullshit. It was the exact same fight.

Of course MJ has a chance. A good one because styles make fights and he has good tdd and better hands than Tony.

MJ could starch anyone on any given night.

Wins over Barboza, Poirier, Ferguson.
Why are you so stupid.

Your threads are really garbage, and are just thinly-veiled Islamic supremacy/machismo signaling. The arguments are always transparent, and from what I understand, you were banned already and had to re-make your account. Do you not have a life outside ISIS or something?

Like khabib and al? Lol. Belt for beating a guy ranked 11

Back