Media Flashback: Tony Ferguson refused to face Micheal Johnson when Khabib was hospitalized at UFC 209

flyingoctoplata

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MJ stepped up a a last minute stand in

MJ defeated Ferguson in their first bout

That's cuz not only did he lose his title shot but the UFC also reduced his pay so he told them to go fuck themselves, I don't blame him for that.

That's cuz not only did he lose his title shot but the UFC also reduced his pay so he told them to go fuck themselves, I don't blame him for that.
I'm surprised with Tony's warrior like persona he wouldn't want to get that one back, either way.

@Marc A

Tony ducking Michael Johnson............confirmed

Z3KydPo.png

Yes, Khabib beat Johnson and Johnson beat Tony.

Your threads are shit.

"Respect For Your Willingness To Step In. @UFC Told Me It Wasn't For The Title And It Was For Less Pay. Willing To Fight You For Right Price https://t.co/cSGspjZUei
— Tony Ferguson (@TonyFergusonXT) March 3, 2017 "

You're welcome. Your dogshit threads are so lame bruh. Try your luck at fishing or something.

"Respect For Your Willingness To Step In. @UFC Told Me It Wasn't For The Title And It Was For Less Pay. Willing To Fight You For Right Price https://t.co/cSGspjZUei
— Tony Ferguson (@TonyFergusonXT) March 3, 2017 "

You're welcome. Your dogshit threads are so lame bruh. Try your luck at fishing or something.
Why was the pay good enough for Micheal Johnson?

Why didn't Tony want to avenge his loss to Micheal Johnson?

Why was the pay good enough for Micheal Johnson?
He was still the same fighter if not worse than in 2012 which is 5 years before 209, so yeah, a shit payday is still a payday for him while Tony had been the contender for a while already and deserved way more.

Why didn't Tony want to avenge his loss to Micheal Johnson?
Whatever he said in that tweet, if literacy is your thing. You seriously think that 2012 fight with a broken hand was relevant and had to be "avenged" after 5 years and having the best winning streak in the division vs way better fighters? Pure lunacy.

He was still the same fighter if not worse than in 2012 which is 5 years before 209, so yeah, a shit payday is still a payday for him while Tony had been the contender for a while already and deserved way more.

Whatever he said in that tweet, if literacy is your thing. You seriously think that 2012 fight with a broken hand was relevant and had to be "avenged" after 5 years and having the best winning streak in the division vs way better fighters? Pure lunacy.
Most fighters dream about avenging losses.

Look at Kevin Lee. He was chasing that Iaquinta rematch for years even though Iaquinta was ranked well below him at the time of the rematch.

People said how much Lee improved, but he got his ass whupped, again.

I'm sure Tony will want to avenge that loss after the Khabib fight. Khabib has the belt not MJ so why would you chase that fight when you are #1 contender for a title shot??? It's not science rocket!!!

Lol we complain that fighters should know their worth and when Tony knows his worth and acts accordingly people complain. Tony has been deserving of a title shot for years now

Lol we complain that fighters should know their worth and when Tony knows his worth and acts accordingly people complain. Tony has been deserving of a title shot for years now
Tony tries to portray himself as a fight anyone, anywhere type guy, but when it came to facing a guy who beat him, Tony wanted nothing to do with it.

The pay was good enough for MJ. MJ said himself in the video that Tony didn't want to get his ass whupped again.

It is what it is.

Most fighters dream about avenging losses.
Which ones? Does Whittaker care about avenging his loss vs Thompson now that he's twice the fighter he is and has fought guys like Yoel and Jacare?
Look at Kevin Lee. He was chasing that Iaquinta rematch for years even though Iaquinta was ranked well below him at the time of the rematch.

People said how much Lee improved, but he got his ass whupped, again.
Out of all people you choose that bum to legitimize your claim. Anyone who wants to have a Kevin Lee mentality is set for failure and you sound just as naive as he his. I'm curious as to who said he'd improved after being wobbled by tenderized leftover Barboza and trying to stand up against Al.

Tony tries to portray himself as a fight anyone, anywhere type guy, but when it came to facing a guy who beat him, Tony wanted nothing to do with it.

The pay was good enough for MJ. MJ said himself in the video that Tony didn't want to get his ass whupped again.

It is what it is.
Lol stop trolling, I'm a Khabib fan too and you and I both know Tony doesn't back down from anyone.

To play devil's advocate you could say Khabib is ducking Tony cos he fought Conor instead - an easier match up stylistically and a big pay day and is now looking to box Mayweather. You can spin things in all sorts of ways but everyone with common sense knows what's what

"I fought through hurricanes, I pressed through sandstorms, but I wouldn't try to avenge a loss I was handed when I had the chance to rematch Micheal Promethius Johnson"

Lol stop trolling, I'm a Khabib fan too and you and I both know Tony doesn't back down from anyone.

To play devil's advocate you could say Khabib is ducking Tony cos he fought Conor instead - an easier match up stylistically and a big pay day and is now looking to box Mayweather. You can spin things in all sorts of ways but everyone with common sense knows what's what
No you can't, they were scheduled to fight 4 times and Tony decided to trip over a cable the last time and pulled out.

Back