Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.3 (First Epic Trailer Released; Most Watched Trailer of All Time)

What did you think of the Avengers: Infinity War trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Batroc is not impressed by your assessments.

...Batroc the Leaper has no superhuman abilities, but is in peak physical condition in every respect. He is an Olympic-level weightlifter and has extraordinary agility and reflexes. His leg muscles are particularly well developed, enabling him to leap great distances equal to an Olympic athlete. He is an expert martial artist and hand-to-hand combatant and specializes in savate (French-style kickboxing). He is also a skilled military tactician, having formerly been in the French Foreign Legion.

Batroc is also an experienced thief and smuggler, and can speak both French and English. Cite

In all seriousness I think that fight played out as it should. Cap did not know this opponent of what level threat he posed. Cap could see he was more than just an average dude right away. So Cap is going to spar with the guy a little while seeing what he can do and getting his timing down and then dispatch him quickly once he knows. Next time they meet Cap should be expected to just walk thru him as he now knows the level of threat he poses.

Well, considering Cap is like 15 peak Olympian-athletes combined, if not more, and all his other stuff such as being an expert strategist and military tactician, I still expected him to one shot GSP almost instantly.

Though I get it's "GSP", and the character of Batroc seems to have been a gnat to Cap in the comics. But it still just seems wrong watching a non-superhuman last more than a couple of seconds in there.

GSP played Batroc the Leaper. He is a legit, albeit obsolete villain in the Marvel Universe. Look up "Batroc Cap John Byrne" very cool scene - great art.... plus Mr Hyde!

Batroc sure loves to use the missile dropkick.

Well, considering Cap is like 15 peak Olympian-athletes combined, if not more, and all his other stuff such as being an expert strategist and military tactician, I still expected him to one shot GSP almost instantly.

Though I get it's "GSP", and the character of Batroc seems to have been a gnat to Cap in the comics. But it still just seems wrong watching a non-superhuman last more than a couple of seconds in there.

In fairness, Cap had to deal with the shock of fighting a Frenchman who didn't immediately surrender:)

There is literally nobody that would be a better death than Eva Green.
01_11.jpg

Now that is a woman worth wiping out half the Universe for...{<tongue}

I prefer Cate Blanchett to come back. She's a hottie.

Regarding the final scene. I so want it to play out like this,

Thor, "Who the Hel are you guys?"

Groot, "I am Groot!"

Thor, "What?!"

Rocket Trash-Panda, "He said we're the freaking Guardians of the freaking Galaxy. Except he didn't say, freaking":D

Last edited:

"Who's that green man in the back? Shrek?"

"Helmet Man?"

I don't disagree that Cap has a huge advantage. I am just saying the strategist in Cap makes him not assume he can nerf his opponent before he even knows what type of threat he poses. I think it was clear to cap right away when Batroc avoided the shield that he was more than a typical thug human.

Cap likes to measure his opponents before going on the full offensive.

was he not Algerian in the movie?

You are correct, although it's stated he served with the DGSE black ops unit before turning to mercenary work. Given that the DGSE is the French equivalent to the CIA, it's fair to assume Batroc held French nationality while working for them.

I prefer Cate Blanchett to come back. She's a hottie.
Yup. Wouldnt even mind her having a skeleton face and hooded robe then midway through the movie she does a "It was me Austin! It was me all along!"

You are correct, although it's stated he served with the DGSE black ops unit before turning to mercenary work. Given that the DGSE is the French equivalent to the CIA, it's fair to assume Batroc held French nationality while working for them.

Algerian born French operative, got it. <seedat>

Chris Evans' idea for a movie if the Disney-Fox deal pushes through.

Chris Evans' idea for a movie if the Disney-Fox deal pushes through.

Just make them one character. Have Cap fighting someone and then all the sudden he says “flame on!” and bursts into flames and starts flying around with his shield and shit.

2nd trailer is out already boys, check it out. Hype is real.

I'm sure it's been pointed out before but anyway: the Avengers theme is so fucking hype. Seeing with completely different imagery just proves that. I'm glad they brought it back because it's probably the only memorable score in the entire MCU. The first Iron Man and Cap movies had decent scores (not just because of Black Sabbath or AC/DC in the case of Iron Man), but pretty much nothing that stuck with people.

I'd say that's the most glaring flaw in the MCU and hearing that theme coming back makes me think they're addressing that.

I'm sure it's been pointed out before but anyway: the Avengers theme is so fucking hype. Seeing with completely different imagery just proves that. I'm glad they brought it back because it's probably the only memorable score in the entire MCU. The first Iron Man and Cap movies had decent scores (not just because of Black Sabbath or AC/DC in the case of Iron Man), but pretty much nothing that stuck with people.

I'd say that's the most glaring flaw in the MCU and hearing that theme coming back makes me think they're addressing that.

When I heard the slow version with the Marvel Studios logo, I got goosebumps. Just sets the tone for the entire trailer.

Where was Thanos' pointy hat? Why'd they try to make him look like a normal guy with big chin?

Im really curious how they put out future promos without giving too much or making it saturated (not that I think that will ever happen)?

The trailer delivered well and in my opinion doesnt need any forced trailers down our throats like WB did with JL.

Personally im even ok with just this trailer up until may lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back