Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.3 (First Epic Trailer Released; Most Watched Trailer of All Time)

What did you think of the Avengers: Infinity War trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Thanos bring Hela back?

I hope not. I hope they go with a new character to be the actual Death and don't try to shoehorn Hela in to fill that role. I normally am not a fan of Jolie but I'm struggling to think of a more perfect actress for the part. I doubt she'd do it though.

or that Iranian jolie wannabe

ReactionGif_TheShining_disgusted_heebeegeebee.gif~c200

2nd trailer is out already boys, check it out. Hype is real.

Cap is a soldier. And the last thing any soldier wants is a fair fight. Tony is one of the smartest men in the Marvel Universe, but in terms of tactics and battle strategy, Cap makes him look like a retard. There's a reason Cap leads the Avengers in so many battles, and it's not just because he wears the Flag. It's because he fights to his and his team's strengths and that allows him/them to murk enemies who, on paper, would walk through Cap.

I get it; your a Star Lord fan boy, and you want your guy to be on the same level as Captain America. But comic SL was B-List at best until the movie came out, and Marvel upgraded him for all the casuals who started reading the comics. Even with that upgrade, he's still not on Cap's level.

And it doesn't matter is Quill uses his Element Gun or Kree sub-machine guns. Cap will still walk through them. And him.

{<huh}

Cap is human. How he is walking through fire or lightning or a mini hurricane hitting him?

You didn't even know what any of Starlord's abilities were. You're arguing based on being a Cap fanboy rather than using logic.

When you break it down:

Strength: equal
Durability: Starlord
Speed: Starlord
Range: Starlord
Weapons: Starlord
Technology: Starlord
Hand-to-hand: Cap

Cap only has one advantage. He needs to get in close and make it a fist fight, he loses everywhere else the fight goes. The problem is he doesn't have the ability to get that close. Starlord can easily stay at range and kill him with his advanced weapons. Cap has no defense against the elemental gun.

{<huh}

Cap is human. How he is walking through fire or lightning or a mini hurricane hitting him?

You didn't even know what any of Starlord's abilities were. You're arguing based on being a Cap fanboy rather than using logic.

When you break it down:

Cap only has one advantage. He needs to get in close and make it a fist fight, he loses everywhere else the fight goes. The problem is he doesn't have the ability to get that close. Starlord can easily stay at range and kill him with his advanced weapons. Cap has no defense against the elemental gun.

One more time for the Hard of Thinking: Cap's stength, speed, reaction time, agility, durability and stamina are all far superior to anything Star Lord has. Range? Cap has closed the distance against some of the world's most highly trained assassins - Winter Soldier being just one example - firing high powered weapons at him. Element Guns ain't doing shit. Powered Armour? Call me back when Star Lord wears anything that even comes close to Iron Man Tech:rolleyes:

But hey, don't take my word for it: check out the Avengers vs Guardians of the Galaxy Thread. And prepare to have your heart broken:)

{<huh}

When you break it down:

Starlord has nothing for Cap. It would be incredibly one sided. Like Cap vs. GSP one sided.

Is Gladiator a Sony guy at the moment? I remember him in the X-Men cartoon but that was a long time ago. He would be great for an Avengers villain and eventually come back to help in Infinity Wars.
Gladiator02.jpg
I would guess he's a Fox guy because Gladiator and the Shi'ar are X-Men related characters.

edit: Dragon & Heavy nailed it.

I would guess he's a Fox guy because Gladiator and the Shi'ar are X-Men related characters.

edit: Dragon & Heavy nailed it.

Fun fact about Dark Phoenix Movie. Jessica Chastain is playing Lilandra.

yr9j8z.gif

Hard to say considering Superman didn't start off as what he became. Despite being a science hero from another planet, he was quite mundane before becoming what most people would call "overpowered." Simlarly, Wonder Woman underwent a revamp expanding her origins to include pre-established mythology. There is certainly parallels, but I feel like Wonder Woman isn't so much an analogue of Superman as a response to the typical kick and splode counterpart.

Rogue, Storm, and Jean are all great characters but what hurts them is they're all trapped by being conflated into the X-men, although Rogue I believe started as an Avengers villain. When you think about, do you think any one of them have enough meat to survive on their own titles?

Rogue's got a nice angle to her being the Untouchable Woman, but this hasn't created much more drama than basically showing Rogue in a bikini standing away from any one who might want to jump her bones. Jean's essentially an object of desire, punctuated by the few times her ambivalence reached critical mass a la Phoenix. I like Storm the most because she went through some good costume changes, and she was always against-the-grain within the group dynamic.
if they kept kitty pryde as a younger person for longer she could have been the goat female character imo. Everything else you say is perfect

One more time for the Hard of Thinking: Cap's stength, speed, reaction time, agility, durability and stamina are all far superior to anything Star Lord has. Range? Cap has closed the distance against some of the world's most highly trained assassins - Winter Soldier being just one example - firing high powered weapons at him. Element Guns ain't doing shit. Powered Armour? Call me back when Star Lord wears anything that even comes close to Iron Man Tech:rolleyes:

But hey, don't take my word for it: check out the Avengers vs Guardians of the Galaxy Thread. And prepare to have your heart broken:)

Dragon's opinion piece is your reference? He knows as little about Star Lord as you do. Go look up Marvel's own power grid for both characters. They have the exact same strength and durability. And that's without Star Lord in his superior armor and tech. You're wrong, and the facts back that up.

Closing distance against Bucky is nowhere near the same thing as closing distance against a guy with jet boots who can fly faster than he can run.

And Cap isn't immune to high powered weapons, he uses his shield to deflect them. How is that thing going to stop fire? Is it a heat deflector too? What happens when lightning blasts hit it? Here is Star Lord blowing up an Ariguan ship with one blast from his gun, how one earth does Cap defend against this?

3586496-3105905166-IMG_1.png

Starlord has nothing for Cap. It would be incredibly one sided. Like Cap vs. GSP one sided.

See my post above. You are ignorant about their respective abilities. Comic Star Lord is WAY more overpowered than MCU Star Lord.

For what it's worth, according to the 2015 card set, Marvel Fleer Retro which is based on the comic book characters, the power levels of the two characters being discussed are as follows:

Captain America:
Intelligence: 3
Strength: 3
Speed: 2
Durability: 3
Energy: 1
Fighting: 6

Also: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Rogers_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities

Star-Lord:
Intelligence: 4
Strength: 3
Speed: 2
Durability: 3
Energy: 1
Fighting: 4

Also: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Quill_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back