Firefox Quantum is here and it's great

G

Guestx

I've been using it over the past few days and it's easily the BEST version of Firefox that's ever been released. It runs fast and smooth and doesn't seem buggy at all.

Anyone else been checking it out?

If you don't already have it, go get it:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Yes, also using Quantum. Seems fast and reliable so far.

One thing I don't like is how they moved the refresh button. I know this is how it used to be for all browsers but as a long time Firefox user, I've grown too used to the old refresh button. Now I have to acclimate myself to it. But I guess this will be easier for other browser users to switch over.

I also love the new icon. All in all, so far so good.

Kinda the same for me (though I have a lightning-quick computer anyway), but not too happy my bookmark folders have disbanded, and now all my bookmarks are in a long, unorganized list.

I was using FireFox 56.2 or whatever it was and it was sucking big time. It would take forever to load, while Safari and Chrome were loading much faster. I don't know what the problem is/was but I'll give this a go.

i've been waiting to hear if this new FF was any good.
thanks for the feedback, i'll probably download it during the t-giving break.

One thing I don't like is how they moved the refresh button. I know this is how it used to be for all browsers but as a long time Firefox user, I've grown too used to the old refresh button. Now I have to acclimate myself to it. But I guess this will be easier for other browser users to switch over.

You can actually move any of the buttons around in the browser, bun!

Click customize and drag anything anywhere! It's like Burger King; Have it your way!

haven't noticed any significant difference between the two other than looks.

If you're talking about the Refresh button at the top, then I'd recommend just right-clicking wherever you are on the page and using the Refresh button from the pop-up menu. That's much faster.

Yeah I noticed that too, then moved it where it belongs

I was using FireFox 56.2 or whatever it was and it was sucking big time. It would take forever to load, while Safari and Chrome were loading much faster. I don't know what the problem is/was but I'll give this a go.

This was my experience as well. Firefox would start out working okay and then just get slower and shittier until eventually I'd just have to kill the whole process and start it up again.

I switched to Brave for a little while, but now it looks like Mozilla has finally gotten their shit together. In the few days I've been using it, I haven't had a single problem.

You can actually move any of the buttons around in the browser, bun!

Click customize and drag anything anywhere! It's like Burger King; Have it your way!
What is this sorcery? The power..I can feel it but quite limiting. The refresh button used to be inside the link bar? Either way, it's fine. I actually prefer this way more since every other browser has it set up like this.

But this new found power...HNNNG!!! I grow more dominant the more I use Firefox. The power, the flexibility, the customization, the power..it's overwhelming, We're becoming one, BUNZ

giphy.gif

If you're talking about the Refresh button at the top, then I'd recommend just right-clicking wherever you are on the page and using the Refresh button from the pop-up menu. That's much faster.
Or just F5

Do all your old plug-ins/add-ons work? Can you disable javascript & cookies?

I mean, it takes about five minutes. Not sure you need a whole holiday break to get it installed and try it out.

lol.
i'm always a little paranoid with firefox updates, especially when i used to play an online golf game that was flash based (WGT). but since i don't play anymore, i suppose i can just do it without coming up with a plan B.

I've been using F5 for so many years that if you asked me where the refresh button on the browser was I would have to look for it.

The problem with F5 is that you gotta get two hands in the game. Right-click --> Refresh I think is really the most convenient of all options.

Back