Firefox Quantum is here and it's great

Noscript was "replaced" by uMatrix. When I first started using it tweets here wouldn't load. Then all of a sudden they just started being about to see embedded. I don't know if I did something playing with uMatrix options, or if teckies here did something as there was a support topic on it, or if Firefox tweaked something. I just chalk it up to magic. I do that a lot with all things computers and internet really.

I just downloaded it on a work computer. It said I couldn't install it without the password, and asked if I wanted to enter the admin password. I just said no, and it installed anyway LOL.

If you click the button on the top right next to the google search bar you'll see the bookmarks button, click on it, go to bookmarks, then bookmarking tools, now click 'Add Bookmarks to Toolbar'. A new button will show up beside the bookmarks button with all your bookmarks organized like it was before the update.
You are my brother and I love you.

i like it except the ficking video downloadhelper add on i use now doesnt download the youtube videos i want

I've been a firefox faithful but if they don't include noScript hasta pronto I'm going to cry.

Noscript was "replaced" by uMatrix. When I first started using it tweets here wouldn't load. Then all of a sudden they just started being about to see embedded. I don't know if I did something playing with uMatrix options, or if teckies here did something as there was a support topic on it, or if Firefox tweaked something. I just chalk it up to magic. I do that a lot with all things computers and internet really.

Ah thank you. I don't think I can deal with the internet being something I can't control absolutely.

No. Several of my previous add-ons were not compatible with Quantum and disappeared (which they tell you in a little box). Offhand, I lost a really good cookie-managing add-on and an add-on that shut off autoplay videos on websites. I went browsing for new add-ons, but what I found are not as good as the missing add-ons. (I had an add-on that let me control which individual websites I accepted cookies from just by popping up an accept/deny menu when the site tried to send me cookies. The best add-on I found on Quantum is one that auto-deletes cookies when I leave a site. Firefox itself lets you block third-party cookies or block all cookies with the option of manually compiling a whitelist, which is pretty meh.) I think I also lost a video-download add-on.

That + a lot of bugs make me regret upgrading. There are entire websites that won't load images/video for some reason and I can't view tweets unless I'm on twitter.

I have a good plug-in I paid money for, so not knowing if my license will transfer or if they will even make it for the new browser, nevermind. You know, if the new browser is so much faster, why can't they just program the original more efficiently?

Ah thank you. I don't think I can deal with the internet being something I can't control absolutely.

You should look into the Brave browser. It has ad-blockers and all kinds of shit built right into the browser itself.

I have a good plug-in I paid money for, so not knowing if my license will transfer or if they will even make it for the new browser, nevermind. You know, if the new browser is so much faster, why can't they just program the original more efficiently?

I think the last version was simply fundamentally flawed. I had a lot of problems with it.

Best to just start from scratch and build something that works.

I've been using it over the past few days and it's easily the BEST version of Firefox that's ever been released. It runs fast and smooth and doesn't seem buggy at all.

Anyone else been checking it out?

If you don't already have it, go get it:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

People still use Firefox?

I seriously don't see why you just don't use Google chrome and just have everything synced across your devices with your email and the countless other things they have.

People still use Firefox?

I seriously don't see why you just don't use Google chrome and just have everything synced across your devices with your email and the countless other things they have.

Because fuck Google, that's why.

slide-4-100522664-gallery.idge.jpg

Yeah, I only used it for Sherdog, because these forums hate Chrome. Used to switch back over to Chrome for other stuff, because Firefox couldn't handle anything but the Sherdog forums. It was slow as motherfucker, and would crash all the time.

Since the update though, it's been buttery smooth. I have no reason to switch back to Chrome at all.

Back