Finally, we have a British Champion material

Jesus Christ, chill.

I was merely pointing out the anything is possible. Most fighters with 10+ years under UFC contract are close to that magic 20 win number that he holds...though there aren't that many which speaks to his durability. Bispings win over Rockhold was a pretty big upset by most fans' standards. He earned that spot by performing well so the match makers made the fight with Rockhold, good on him for capitalizing on an opportunity...... But he's also got plenty of losses peppered into his career and was once thought of as a MW gate keeper.

But good job flying off the handle. You aced that shit.

Firstly, there's many fighters who were once considered gatekeepers who have gone onto become champs. It doesn't mean they got there by chance.

Secondly, fair play to call me out for acting like an emotional 13 year old girl. I didn't mean to do so.

I guess I'm just used to (literally) years of defending Bisping from hate posts which are usually nothing more than bias opinions and irrational (frankly ridiculous) assessments of his ability based on nothing more than exaggerated claims or incorrect/made-up stats.

If you cast your mind back most haters used to frequently refer to the notion that Bisping had "never beaten a top 10 fighter"... which was many times refuted & disproved, and yet still seemed to form the basis of most uneducated Bisping-related rants.

Another favorite for the haters seems to be the argument that "he has no chin", when he has only suffered 2 stoppages at the hands of Hendo and Vitor - and let's be real, who have those guys not knocked out? Do people not know the difference between chin and heart?

And now, after refusing to give up and persisting to eventually win the title, this new fangled idea has surfaced that Bisping somehow won the MW title by "fluke" or perhaps some sort of evil sorcery.

It just baffles me that so many people who consider themselves to be educated MMA fans can comfortably suggest that a fighter can reach the top of their division and win the title simply by "fluke". I totally understand the anger behind Bisping's decisions as champion (i.e. basically ducking Romero, then agreeing to a silly fight with GSP), I agree that's ridiculous and I openly criticize Bisping for that. But I will never suggest that any champion especially one as respected and revered as Bisping got where he is by fluke.

p.s. You would be within your rights to argue that I'm still flying off the handle here, but I don't care... I'll defend Bisping like a ho defending her daddy.

McGregor is NOT British

British_Isles_Euler_diagram_15.svg

If you have respect for Donald Cerrone and consider him a very worthy gatekeeper (which I do) then yes, so far as we can tell at this point.. he at least has the potential to be "that good".

Ok man... if you really think a B-level fighter is capable of becoming UFC champ you obviously don't hold much respect for the talent standards in the UFC. Either that or you're just another unreasonable Bisping hating cunt. The latter is more probable I think.

I think Sherdog is just on a huge wind-up against Brits/Irish on this subject at the moment as I keep having to bring this up...
McGregor is NOT British... far from it! Learn some political history... or at the very least some BASIC GEOGRAPHY you insolent backward toe rag fucks!

British_Isles_Euler_diagram_15.svg

The guy made me a fan. Not to far from being a contender. Really want to see him Bang with Perry. #FEEDHIMSOULS !!!

I don't want to gloat or anything I just want to warn you against your clear ignorance in case it may be your downfall in future times to come.

The Republic of Ireland may well geographically belong to a set of islands called The British Isles, but by no means is it part of the nation known as The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK in short).

Seriously, take a trip to Dublin and go up to random Irish people and ask them the simple question "What does it feel like to be British?" or better yet "What is your favourite thing about being British?" See what response you get.

Thousands of people have died over the years for Ireland to gain independence from Britain and establish itself as it's own country. And even in Belfast and certain parts of Northern Ireland (technically part of the UK) a conflict continues to this day which has claimed the lives of over 50,000 people. Try showing that graph in the Republican areas of Belfast you will literally get killed.

Don't mean to patronise you man... my job is simply to educate!

I don't want to gloat or anything I just want to warn you against your clear ignorance in case it may be your downfall in future times to come.

The Republic of Ireland may well geographically belong to a set of islands called The British Isles, but by no means is it part of the nation known as The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK in short).

Seriously, take a trip to Dublin and go up to random Irish people and ask them the simple question "What does it feel like to be British?" or better yet "What is your favourite thing about being British?" See what response you get.

Thousands of people have died over the years for Ireland to gain independence from Britain and establish itself as it's own country. And even in Belfast and certain parts of Northern Ireland (technically part of the UK) a conflict continues to this day which has claimed the lives of over 50,000 people. Try showing that graph in the Republican areas of Belfast you will literally get killed.

Don't mean to patronise you man... my job is simply to educate!

Since when did Britain refer exclusively to the United Kingdom?

“Britain” refers to the British Isles. GREAT Britain refers to the BIGGEST of the British Isles.

Thousands of people have lost their lives trying to gain independence from THE UNITED KINGDOM—not Britain.

Britain is not a country, it’s a region.

Keep being retarded.

I have yet to see this guy fight. Is he really that good? Who would you compare him to in terms of fight style?
Judging by his last fight alone, reminded me of a young Rory.

I predict that if he finishes his next bout, he'll get a late notice title shot (injury replacement) and lose very badly.

It Seems he could be the most naturally gifted and skilled English fighter in ufc history. He has the potential to be elite.
Age is on his side

Back