Fightmetric stats are not facts

To all the tards out there who take fightmetric stats as gospel. First of all, they're not accurate. Secondly, they have very little value in judging the outcome of a fight or round.

In response to Big John:

The person is from FightMetric. They're someone who has watched and recorded strikes for thousands of fights. Live, they go by their instincts on the strikes they see, as that's all anyone would be able to do. Post-fight, they, and multiple others, go over the fight, to perfect the stats. What "significant strike" means by FightMetric's definition is still misunderstood. It's all strikes at distance, and power shots in the clinch and on the ground. Most strikes in most fights are significant strikes. The distinction exists to rule rabbit punches out of strike stats; that's it.

In response to @lalaland:

What do you mean by gospel? Do you simply mean "true"? If you believe a certain FightMetric stat is false, bring it up, and dispute it.

How are the stats not accurate? This is likely similar to your last complaint, and you're probably repeating yourself.

They have value in giving a person information on how many strikes each fighter landed, how many takedowns, how many passes, how many sub attempts, how many knockdowns, where strikes were landed, how many strikes weren't rabbit punches. All of that stuff matters. FightMetric is an ancillary tool; that's all people need to realise. They give an overview or a summary.

Need to remember Mccarthy works for bellator now

Hes pretty much bagging on the ufc about everything since he quit being a ref and joined the competition

Who cares. That fight sucked no one deserved the win. Stop playing Patty cake and fight. Colby bless
I don't like Colby, but for some reason I can't stop laughing whenever I think of him calling Till "Darrel" haha

Unless they're watching in super slo-mo, they are no more qualified than the average, long term fan, imo.

Okey so UFC stats are same as fight metrics stats, so can I say stats given by UFC are not valueable?
I mean we live in 2018, how hard is to give correct stats after fight?
Is MMA serious sport?

Most longtime fans know this, this is a revelation to casuals and newbs. Irritates me when some douche always posts fight metrics instead of using their eyes and brains

Hes pretty much bagging on the ufc about everything since he quit being a ref and joined the competition

Oh so they dont use unified rules or the same judges or refs in Bellator?

Oh so they dont use unified rules or the same judges or refs in Bellator?
whats that got to do with the price of milk?

that doesnt address what i actually said

he's still right, these fight metric starts are not really relevant

he's still right, these fight metric starts are not really relevant

well they are relevant, but they shouldnt be taken as the only factor. Just as BJM's opinion is relevant, but shouldnt be taken as the only factor, just as all the MMA Media's opiions are relevant, but shouldnt be taken as the only factor.

its down to us intelligent souls to take all the various peices of information and form our opinion on that.

but i still say that BJM, since signing for Bellator has been fairly negative towards anything UFC

They basically drew. Just the scoring system encourages picking a winner more often than it will score a draw unless you have some extremely diligent judges to score the fight perfectly if it is indeed deserving of a draw. Seen plenty of fights where draw would have been the right choice, and a winner was picked. Also seen a few where a winner could have definitely been picked but a draw happened. Although the latter is much more rare.

Okey so UFC stats are same as fight metrics stats, so can I say stats given by UFC are not valueable?
I mean we live in 2018, how hard is to give correct stats after fight?
Is MMA serious sport?

This is not true. If you watch the WB vs Till fight, at one point, WB was leading the striking 41 strikes to 37.

If you look at FightMetric, WB only landed 31 total strikes.

So something is off either on UFC’s end or FightMetric end or both perhaps.

wtf. sig strikes are anything that are not jabs.

its simple guys

If you land 100 significant strikes in a fight that goes to the judges, really, how many of those were actually “significant”?

I had Till winning due to aggression and actual damage. Till came out of that fight just with a sweat, totally unmarked. Sorry if that hurts but suck it up buttercup.

Till - 38 of 126 total + 1 knock down + octagon control = WINNER
Rd 1 - 4
Rd 2 - 9
Rd 3 - 9
Rd 4 - 7
Rd 5 - 9

Thompson - 30 of 126 total
Rd 1 - 5
Rd 2 - 6
Rd 3 - 8
Rd 4 - 8
Rd 5 - 3

2, 3, 5 Till. The better fighter won. Get over it.
Excpet only 1 judge gave Till round 3.

More strikes =/= better strikes. Fight should have been a draw imo

Funny how people are suddenly turning on strike stats but totally used them to justify Condit "beating" Diaz while running from him.

Diaz 1,2,5.

Back