Fighters who thank God after winning

Discussion in 'The Wasteland' started by truthisfreedom, Mar 8, 2018.

1. truthisfreedom

truthisfreedom Purple Belt

You seem a little triggered. Tough subject for you to swallow, huh?

2. sabretitan

sabretitan Black Belt

why do you care? you post on the internet. At least they have belief and purpose bud

croatian_republican likes this.
  3. Coolkid666

Coolkid666 Green Belt

alot of them thank god for even being here and being able to fight, which i understand lol. and im a godless heathen

4. sonofjay817

sonofjay817 Purple Belt

I'm impressed. As a Christian, I don't believe I could have stated it better.

5. sonofjay817

sonofjay817 Purple Belt

...and I would add, that they got through it alive and hopefully that their opponent was not seriously hurt either. While a death as a result of a match is extremely rare, I believe often the fighter has to go in with the mentality of 'fight to the death' to achieve the most effective mindset.

6. Siesta

Siesta Brown Belt

Who cares, if you let other people's actions or beliefs bother you that much, maybe it's an issue you need to deal with.

7. jonathan274

jonathan274 Firefly Belt

this topic again. how original.

8. j18lee

j18lee Brown Belt

I’m an atheist and I’m pretty sure if there is a god, he cares a hell of a lot more about the results of an UFC fight than stuff like curing cancer, ending religious wars, ending torture of children, etc.

Go ahead and pray for anything major that people typically pray for in a dire situation, cure from a terminal cancer, saving a marriage, etc. I’m pretty sure the odds of your prayer being answered is well less than 50%.

Fighters thanking god for victory likely get their prayers answered about half the time. Or if you are religious choir boy like Jon Jones with a Bible verse tattooed on his body; his prayers for victory is nearly 100%. God surely cares a lot more about UFC fights than say, saving children in North Korea or Syria.

9. TrevorLahey

TrevorLahey Purple Belt

I'm with ya, I dislike it when fighters say the god shit after their fights. I'm all for freedom of religion and all that happy horeshit sure but that doesn't mean it belongs in a sport where you're being paid to risk your own health trying to knock another man unconscious. I think it's delusional to think god chose one fighter over another and whenever I hear fighters saying that type of shit it's embarrassing to watch.

10. Bombe'

Bombe' White Belt

The answer to your question is zero. Zero Christians are geniuses. Zero atheists are imbeciles. Care to guess why?

11. IrritatedTomcat

IrritatedTomcat Brown Belt

<TheWire1>