Fighters who thank God after winning

why do you care? you post on the internet. At least they have belief and purpose bud

alot of them thank god for even being here and being able to fight, which i understand lol. and im a godless heathen

I'm an atheist but it's not as simple as you say. THey don't believe god helped them beat the shit out of the other person. They usually believe god gave them strength to achieve their goals and train hard, etc.
I'm impressed. As a Christian, I don't believe I could have stated it better.

I'm an atheist but it's not as simple as you say. THey don't believe god helped them beat the shit out of the other person. They usually believe god gave them strength to achieve their goals and train hard, etc.
...and I would add, that they got through it alive and hopefully that their opponent was not seriously hurt either. While a death as a result of a match is extremely rare, I believe often the fighter has to go in with the mentality of 'fight to the death' to achieve the most effective mindset.

Alot of fighters aren't brain surgeons, I get it. But like how annoying is it when a fighter wins a fight, then points to the sky and thanks God for being able to beat the sh*t out of another person?

Whether you believe in God or not, how stupid does a person have to be to think that an omnipotent being, if he/it exists, cares about two sweaty dudes beating each other to a bloody pulp in a cage somewhere?

Who cares, if you let other people's actions or beliefs bother you that much, maybe it's an issue you need to deal with.

Alot of fighters aren't brain surgeons, I get it. But like how annoying is it when a fighter wins a fight, then points to the sky and thanks God for being able to beat the sh*t out of another person?

Whether you believe in God or not, how stupid does a person have to be to think that an omnipotent being, if he/it exists, cares about two sweaty dudes beating each other to a bloody pulp in a cage somewhere?
this topic again. how original.

I’m an atheist and I’m pretty sure if there is a god, he cares a hell of a lot more about the results of an UFC fight than stuff like curing cancer, ending religious wars, ending torture of children, etc.

Go ahead and pray for anything major that people typically pray for in a dire situation, cure from a terminal cancer, saving a marriage, etc. I’m pretty sure the odds of your prayer being answered is well less than 50%.

Fighters thanking god for victory likely get their prayers answered about half the time. Or if you are religious choir boy like Jon Jones with a Bible verse tattooed on his body; his prayers for victory is nearly 100%. God surely cares a lot more about UFC fights than say, saving children in North Korea or Syria.

I'm with ya, I dislike it when fighters say the god shit after their fights. I'm all for freedom of religion and all that happy horeshit sure but that doesn't mean it belongs in a sport where you're being paid to risk your own health trying to knock another man unconscious. I think it's delusional to think god chose one fighter over another and whenever I hear fighters saying that type of shit it's embarrassing to watch.

stop being a taliban atheist - their right to do it, atheists can be a pain when they go militant and preachy

how condescending of you to put down fighters and say theyre stupid, especially if theyre believers

is sometheing wrong with you?

do u know how many geniuses today are christian? do u know how many imbeciles are atheists?

The answer to your question is zero. Zero Christians are geniuses. Zero atheists are imbeciles. Care to guess why?

<TheWire1>

Back